JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member

@Snowflake1968;
    Asclepsia - I am trying to do 1200 calories and find at that I’m struggling to lose sometimes. I think though that I need to start weighing and measuring my food more consistently and that will help me.
    Wow--1200 sounds like starvation! You've made a good point, though, to be more diligent in weighing and measuring food. I had been pretty casual about measuring--kind of guesstimating; now I'm weighing food more regularly, so I could very well have been eating 2000 calories or more. I'm going to reduce the calorie intake gradually, and see how that works. I have been walking consistently every day for 20+ minutes.

• asclepsia
    @maryrobinson40; I'm not trying to bring anybody down, but this is to inform you that I will be MIA for a while.
    My brother passed. There were 8 of us total and I'm the youngest. 4 boys/4 girls, now it's 1 male, and
    3 females.
    Now listen up!! I EXPECT GOOD THINGS WHILE I AM COMFORTING MY FAMILY.
    DROP THOSE NUMBERS! EAT WELL! DRINK WELL! AND TAKE A FEW EXTRA STEPS FOR ME OKAY
    FAMILY?!
    I LOVE ALL OF YOU! NO WORRIES!![/quote]

I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your brother. Blessings to you as you comfort your family, and receive comfort in return. I can empathize--my beloved sister passed last year in May--it will be a year soon, and I miss her so much. I am the last of our nuclear family still living, and it's a strange feeling--no one else has the same memories.

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Morning all. Quick post before I head into my Warrior class. Ugh! Not really feeling it this morning but I know I’ll be good once I get going. Tentatively booked for hot core yoga class afterwards too but that may be overreaching! Still bit sore from run yesterday so will see how I go.

Monday goals recap:
    - morning run ✅ eventually!
    - water ✅
    - cinema with the girls ✅
    - groceries ✅
    - paperwork ✅ started anyway!
    - begin clothes clearout ❎ (moving this to next week)
    - online grocery shop❎
    - 3x report personal statements ✅
    - bed by 9:30 ✅

Tuesday goals:
    - morning warrior class
    - Hot core at 8?
    - More groceries! (Remember coffee this time!)
    - Finish paperwork
    - 5x report personal statements
    - Girls hair wash and start packing
    - Laundry
    - Bed by 9:30

Have a great day all. X
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member
    edited April 2019
    @aubyshortcake Hey. Just curious about Rukia. Notice you have to give lots of meds. Hope Rukia is okay. I hope that I don't have this wrong, but Rukia is your dog? Sorry, feel like I'm just getting to know y'all and there's so many people here. I hope that I haven't gotten you mixed up.

I have to give meds to my dog twice a day. My dog has Addison's Disease. She also has to have a monthly injection.

4/8/19 Mon.
    Weight: 151.6 lbs. Yay!
    Water 4 8oz. glasses - :)
    Stay in green :)
    Work in exercise :(
    Bed by midnight :(

jft 4/9/19 Tues.
    Weight:
    Water-at least 4 8oz. glasses
    Stay in green
    Exercise
    Bed by midnight
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Back after a few days off feeling sorry for myself. Last week was tough what with redundancies, a stressful project, and injuring my shoulder. Weight is up a bit as result of letting myself go a bit and binging (and not exercising due to injury).

But I'm determined to pick myself up, shake off the weight gain, and just deal with the work craziness. I can only do my best - and a year from now I will probably neither remember this crisis nor care about it if I do. I have to set boundaries - both in terms of how much I work in hours, but also in terms of how much I let work affect me mentally and emotionally.

So, today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 3+ bottles water
    - No alcohol

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - 2+ of French book, article, podcast
    - Finish work by 7pm latest
    - Gratitude journal
    - Postal vote form
    - Lights off by 11

Weekly calorie balance: 30 in green

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation

How I practised Mindful Moderation yesterday: By (pretty much) sticking to food plan

Today's positive thought: I'm going on holiday soon! (This might be the positive thought that keeps me going throughout April...)
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    HFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Gym
    4. One healthy snack after dinner
    5. Meditate
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    JFT ~Tuesday (4/09)
    Morning Affirmations
    Plan for the day: events/meals -No Visit w/ mom & snow again!? ugh.
    Check~in w/MFP pals
    At daybreak~ Walk 2x in back sub. (~25-30?m)
    10 Min pm floor stretches (+abs)
    ?Help hubby w/ AV if needed, be patient.
    10:00am Plan or Plate meals/Snacks
    10:15am -10 Min cleaning (bath floors)
    Track
    10:30am Breakfast (Eggs/Oats)
    11am Shower
    11:45am Leave
    12:30am Shake
    3:00pm Side Salad
    5:30pm Dinner (leftovers, already plated)
    ?Glider if hubby pm store run
    If go to bed early, no pm snack!!

KEEP Nightly routine of not binging:
    Change clothes, brush hair, wash face
    Eat dinner at the table
    Drink hot tea
    Brush teeth, Go to bed & Say “Kitchen Closed!”
    Post on MFP just before lights out (or in the morning), not after dinner.
    No TV in bed, Read.

Jan~ Drink 8+ water
    Feb.~ Only 1 snack after dinner
    Mar.~ 15 min. walk outside;
    April challenge. Say something positive: "I am learning to accept that some people's disposition towards life is not as positive as I once thought. I am learning that THAT doesn't need to affect me. I control my thoughts, my words, my actions, my reactions, and my attitude. No one else. I am learning to be even more of a positive person."
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Tuesday 9 April

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge
    April challenge
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Checking in from Monday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Update JFT before leaving for school by 7:00.
    3. Clean out fridge. Catch up with emails. Call mac store. Print "Two Kinds" and mark parts. Print class 1-2 plans.
    4. Create review plan for Class 4. Lang8 post. Blog post 30 minutes. Discussion post 1.
    5. Read 20 pages of Cross-Training and 10 of Capital. Plan & log Tuesday food.
    6. Grade 10 research essays. Take balsamic vinaigrette home. Bring pushpins for poster.
    7. Head to Y for strength class & Zumba. Pack Capital and calculus book to discuss "challenge" with 1-2 on Tuesday/Thursday.
    8. Balance work. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. (Post-break: Review checklist. Read printouts to group members. Study what makes speeches engaging. Evaluate & compare sample speeches.) (Thursday - Check library for book on order.)

JFT Tuesday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Set pushpins aside! Get book from principal. Get graph paper from math teachers.
    3. Class 1-2: Review sample performances. Adjectives, adverbs - participles. Read essays to group. Present FRIDAY; if you will not be here Friday, present TODAY.
    4. Planning: A - Grade 10 essays. B - Grade 10 essays. C - Input grades. D - Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Choose USATP questions to review with class. Check plan for when computer cart is needed! Plan & log Wednesday food.
    5. Class 4: Practice work from USATP. Grammar work from NRI.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Bodypump 5:30. Pick up book from library; drop off. Lang8 post. Read 6 pages of Capital. Read 10 pages of Cross-Training. Weigh and prep celery. Pack lunch.
    8. Gratitude journal. Update Goodreads Friday. French meeting? Writing group?
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Wed lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 190.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie). Add lamp and wobble board to grocery list.
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Apr 25 Dentist. Apr 22 McC. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. May 4 is SW Day and FCB Day.

WFTY: Climbing. And we go up again. Yesterday was definitely a high sodium day, plus of course there's school stress. I dunno. I'm pretty irked about school stuff. I'm trying to find an online community of teachers like I used to have and it's just ... crickets.

Positive thought: I am an amazing teacher in a situation full of challenges and opportunities. My job is quite secure. I have the chance to be a bit pushy and maybe help achieve some important changes.
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    edited April 2019
    @ginnytez~ Yes for the NSV in looser clothes and more energy!! Hip Hip Hooray. Keep stepping.

@asclepsia~ Good for you for getting in a 20+ walk/day. Are you in an area that you have some uphills you can walk? I’ve read that walking uphill a little increases the intensity. I try to walk uphill 1 or 2x/week. It hurts my knees, so can’t do it every day (YET!)

@Faebert~ I know. “Not feeling it” BUT! Once we start it does feel good. And making it a habit is key. You inspire!

@Elbee1~ Isn’t it funny that we have to remind ourselves to get to bed at a specific time! Heh heh. Have a great week!

@bookemeister86~ I’m encouraged that you are back, admitting that life is life and you’re committed to your weight-loss and overall health. Keep on keeping on!!

@littleblackskirt~ I hope those shorts help keep you on track. Looks like you had a good Monday checking things off. Darn drugs! Darn back! Hope you feel better soon. My mom had to go to physical therapy to learn how to do things properly with her OA. Good luck. Do your best. Set yourself up with today’s tasks.

@ZizzyBumble- Yes, you can!!
    @clicketykeys- Yes, you can!!

Just for today!! Make your lists doable; so that you get as many checks as possible! I like the ones that have weekly goals in them, too. <<hugs>> Keep posting. You are all encouraging and inspiring. We definitely need accountability and to know we are not alone!
  • GarysGirl81
    GarysGirl81 Posts: 34 Member
    I need this so bad! Today I will stay under/at my calorie goal, do my squats and 20 mins of cardio.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Good morning! Talk about manic Monday yesterday, my God work was a whirlwind of bleh! Hoping for a more calm day today, but not holding my breath lol.

@Elbee1 Thank you for your concern 😊 yes, Rukia is one of our dogs. She is a 9 year old Siberian Husky. A while ago she was put on meds for incontinence because she seemed to leak every night when she was sleeping. after a while she didn't seem to need them anymore for several months, but I've noticed she started leaking again so I started her up on them again and got her urine tested, and turns out she also has a UTI. So now she is getting the incontinence meds in the mornings and an antibiotic twice a day until that clears up. The vet thinks she might possibly have bladder stones as well, I'm hoping not! Now that she's getting older, I think we may need to look into pet insurance.

@bookmeister86 Good for you for getting back at it, you can and will do this!!!!!

Positive thought for today: even though it was really hard, I plowed through a ton of stuff at work yesterday. Here's to another super productive day!

Yesterday 4/8:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😑 only a little over, but still over
    3. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    4. Finish work at 5:15😞
    5. Wash a load of laundry😞
    6. Put away clean laundry😞
    7. Give Rukia her p.m. pill😞
    8. Stay positive😊 struggled but managed to for the most part

JFT 4/9:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for a walk at lunch if it's not raining
    4. Finish work at 5:15
    5. Work out after work
    6. Boil sausages for tomorrow
    7. Give Rukia her p.m. pill
    8. Stay positive
  • asclepsia
    @johicks;

@asclepsia~ Good for you for getting in a 20+ walk/day. Are you in an area that you have some uphills you can walk? I’ve read that walking uphill a little increases the intensity. I try to walk uphill 1 or 2x/week. It hurts my knees, so can’t do it every day (YET!)

Yes, my walk area has hills, and I vary the route throughout the week, so I can choose a good hilly spot. Thanks for the advice.

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    jf1c8zldb6zw.jpg
  • ShrinkingMama2
    ShrinkingMama2 Posts: 65 Member
    Finally a new day!

Yesterday was BAD! I still tracked everything but I was over by about 500 calories with nasty foods.

Today is a new day and I am happy to be here and not have fallen off the wagon completely. I am determined to take over the day!

Today I will
    Track EVERYTHING
    Become active when I feel like junking out
    Choose snacks that are meaningful
    Get to the grocery store and grab more food for just me
    Ignore the rest of the Birthday cake

Willpower is hard to have sometimes but when you want something bad enough, you work for it. That's with everything in life. ❤
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    mo3bmkcky956.jpg