40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Mamabearkka
    Mamabearkka Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would like to join the cool kids group. I have around 40# to lose. I started again on Monday and have made my step goal for both days so far. I have changed my eating habits and I am still working on that some more. I walk, dance and do strength training as well.
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Count me in ! I'm 40+ & fit...but my goal is still to lose about 20 more lbs., to body build CONSISTENTLY and just be the best version of myself possible.💋

ADD ME!
  • cskirvin1431
    cskirvin1431 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone! Nice to meet all you young whipper-snappers! Looking forward to posting in this blog and keeping up with my awesome peers!
    I'm focusing on nutrition, specifically protein and potassium, for my health. Love this app! Helps a lot!
    Keep on healthy-living!
  • kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    my_r53 wrote: »
    Count me in ! I'm 40+ & fit...but my goal is still to lose about 20 more lbs., to body build CONSISTENTLY and just be the best version of myself possible.💋

ADD ME!

I totally read this as "the beast version of myself", and I was so motivated! Yeah baby!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Good to see a bunch of new Cool Kids here.

I've been faced with a good news/bad news dilemma this year. After 18 months and countless medical visits, I've finally found a sports MD who insists that we can resolve my achilles issue. The bad news is that in order to do so, I have had to stop almost all of my activities for awhile.

That means that I'll have to withdraw and/or defer all my planned races for 2019. That's a bummer since I was really looking forward to the NYC triathlon in July and then getting another crack at the Ironman Mont Tremblant course in August.

The upside is that I now have lots of free time. I"m still able to swim and work with my trainer, and should be able to resume cycling in a few weeks. So I'll have to entertain myself by reading all of your reports and hoping I'm able to rejoin the fun this fall. :)
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    kodiakke wrote: »
    my_r53 wrote: »

ADD ME!

I totally read this as "the beast version of myself", and I was so motivated! Yeah baby!

Tomato..tamato, best version..Beast version. Aren't they the same thing really?😂😁😆
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    P90X3 Cold Start @ Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 10! 60#. Allergies are still kicking my @$$. Gonna cave and go get some meds.
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    11Templars wrote: »
    mcemino2 wrote: »
    IronSky319 wrote: »
    Went back to weight lifting last week after a really long hiatus and some unwanted weight gain. I’m sore and feeling every bit of my 44 years this week

Started doing dead lifts last week, which I had never done before. Hamstrings were sore for a few days, but quickly went away. Next time I did them there was no soreness, even after bumping the weight up.

Dead Lifts are an amazing overall body exercise. Literally work just about every part of your body! I do them 2x a week on my Leg days.

Just start off light, and make sure to keep your spine in a neutral position. ie, don't stare at the floor, keep that back straight. Personally, I think it 's better to lift 2lbs every day, then to push yourself to 10lbs too soon, and end up hurting yourself and missing 3 days of lifting.

That being said! You're all doing awesome!! Keep at it!

Here's a side / by side of me at around 42-44, then again about a week or so ago @50.

zt26gi08qbfd.jpg

Good job on your transformation! Working towards that myself. Adding muscle and definition while losing fat, not easy to do both at the same time, but I am making progress.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,928 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »

I've been faced with a good news/bad news dilemma this year. After 18 months and countless medical visits, I've finally found a sports MD who insists that we can resolve my achilles issue. The bad news is that in order to do so, I have had to stop almost all of my activities for awhile.

ruh roh
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,928 Member
    Options
    GingerPwr wrote: »
    I'm 1 little annoying pound away from a 20 lb loss since January! Y'all. This time I'm really doing it.

This is awesome news. Motivating, too. Yay!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I didn't lift last night since I spent 3 hours cleaning out the car...every bit of upholstery scrubbed, every carpet cleaned, windows, interior/exterior wash...it's beautiful and ready for the teenager!!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    “22 minute hard corps cold start, Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 11 & Body Beast Bulk: Arms!”=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    sandWOD Warmup 19.06. Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 12! 60#! I can breathe a little better today. Maybe because it’s raining here. Still felt pretty smoked. Crashing during the last get ups...and “Ten Thousand Against One” comes on! Banged ‘em out!!! Just the kick in the @$$ I needed, right when I needed it! 🤘🤨
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Total Body w/ Caley Alyssa"=Done!
  • sjb11973
    sjb11973 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just found the community option! I’m 45 and working on being the best me I can be, now I’m older and ‘wiser’. Started intermittent fasting 2 weeks ago along with a new strength lifting program. Going well so far, 2kg lost with 6 to go to reach goal weight. Great to find people around my age, with similar challenges etc look forward to sharing success and challenges 🤗
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    Djproulx wrote: »

ruh roh

Exactly! I guess you have me figured out, Beeps. ;)

At least I can still swim and practice yoga, with some easy cycling to start in the next few weeks if I promise to go easy. So that means no actual sufferfests for me until summer.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    forgot to post yesterday?
    22 minute hard corps cold start & Brute Force Operator Series Alpha (13 yesterday @60#) 14! 60/90#!
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    11Templars wrote: »
    mcemino2 wrote: »
    IronSky319 wrote: »
    Went back to weight lifting last week after a really long hiatus and some unwanted weight gain. I’m sore and feeling every bit of my 44 years this week

Started doing dead lifts last week, which I had never done before. Hamstrings were sore for a few days, but quickly went away. Next time I did them there was no soreness, even after bumping the weight up.

Dead Lifts are an amazing overall body exercise. Literally work just about every part of your body! I do them 2x a week on my Leg days.

Just start off light, and make sure to keep your spine in a neutral position. ie, don't stare at the floor, keep that back straight. Personally, I think it 's better to lift 2lbs every day, then to push yourself to 10lbs too soon, and end up hurting yourself and missing 3 days of lifting.

That being said! You're all doing awesome!! Keep at it!

Here's a side / by side of me at around 42-44, then again about a week or so ago @50.

zt26gi08qbfd.jpg

Man this is fantastic progress!