40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "P90X2 X2 Total Body & X2 Ab Ripper"=Done!
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Got home late, from work and today is another very late night, so no workout!
    Back and Biceps postpone to tomorrow or maybe to the weekend,
  • gam3rguy
    Options
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    ks9d50ejobrr.jpeg
    yxe82fatnf27.jpeg

We may have just found the new cover page photos for the Cool Kids yearbook.

Looking at the head first slide and wondering, "Is there such a thing as having too much fun?" ;)
  • Djproulx
    Options
    Terrific summer weather today, so I took the afternoon off. Had a beautiful solo ride in northwest Ct. Not a race pace effort, just some quality time in the saddle with no stops. 62 miles done in a bit under 4 hours. Will start to taper off distance a bit next week. Starting to feel ready for the Timberman bike course.

Long swim tomorrow, then easy work on Saturday to recover for a Sprint distance race on Sunday.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X2 X2 Yoga"=Done!
  • bbordner
    bbordner Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My weekly weigh-in this morning came in 1.4 lbs down from last week. Total loss is 17 lbs since the beginning of May. Have missed most of my gym time this week, but it has been an active week for me at work.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    ks9d50ejobrr.jpeg
    yxe82fatnf27.jpeg

We may have just found the new cover page photos for the Cool Kids yearbook.

Looking at the head first slide and wondering, "Is there such a thing as having too much fun?" ;)
    that's the secret! "find the fun!"

• MJFSH
    Options
    Welcome @FrancesLyon

Did Les Mills Combat: Combat 30 this morning,
    Perfect Summer Shred: Back and Biceps later in the evening
    and ahhhh it's Friday again! Happy Friday all, and Fridays are pizza day at my house, yum!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    @gam3rguy - you are a machine! Love the pictures! You sure look like you are having a blast. :)
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    @FrancesLyon Happy Birthday!

walked on the treadmill this morning for 30min.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,989 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @FrancesLyon - Happy happy happy Birthday!!
    Awesome pictures @gam3rguy !!

Had one heck of a paddle today, and it will be my last for a week due to the pending rain-filled forecast. Was paddling for 2 hours and 15 minutes (took one break at 2 hours - not counted in the paddling time). I essentially had a bit of a light/easy downwinder for the first 42 minutes, but when I turned around, the wind had increased significantly and the light chop was starting to turn into a moderate chop with some white tops. It took me more than double the time (93 minutes) to make it back. Some of the way (about 1/3 mile) I had to drop to my knees because I was getting no where standing up. Still got in 4.44 miles. The first half, I was doing 18.83 minute miles (3.19 mph). The trip back was 42.08 minute miles (1.43 mph) due to the persistent headwind. It was a challenging workout! I've popped the Advil. Thinking about just taking a nap now. I'm completely spent.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I haven't joined the group but I will definitely like to. I will be 46 on August 5...yes, that's tomorrow! I have been attempting to get in shape for almost a year and half with only two serious endeavors. This is my second time around and this has been the most focused I've been,

I have a lost a total of 33 pounds which includes the 20 pounds I logged on MFP, I workout daily and try to make healthy eating choices.

Congratulations and Happy birthday!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Terrific summer weather today, so I took the afternoon off. Had a beautiful solo ride in northwest Ct. Not a race pace effort, just some quality time in the saddle with no stops. 62 miles done in a bit under 4 hours. Will start to taper off distance a bit next week. Starting to feel ready for the Timberman bike course.

Long swim tomorrow, then easy work on Saturday to recover for a Sprint distance race on Sunday.

Good luck! I did Timberman a few years ago. Gorgeous water and a hilly bike. Andy Potts was there that year. He might have won, i can't remember. My friend wanted to meet him and I wouldn't let her, I just wanted to go to the hotel get a shower! Have fun...
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I haven't joined the group but I will definitely like to. I will be 46 on August 5...yes, that's tomorrow! I have been attempting to get in shape for almost a year and half with only two serious endeavors. This is my second time around and this has been the most focused I've been,

I have a lost a total of 33 pounds which includes the 20 pounds I logged on MFP, I workout daily and try to make healthy eating choices.
    HAPPY B-DAY!!! :D

• MJFSH
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

Happy Birthday Frances!!!!
  • Djproulx
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »

Good luck! I did Timberman a few years ago. Gorgeous water and a hilly bike. Andy Potts was there that year. He might have won, i can't remember. My friend wanted to meet him and I wouldn't let her, I just wanted to go to the hotel get a shower! Have fun...

First things first: Happy birthday, Frances!

Oberon:
    Thanks. I did the race last year and really liked it. Andy Potts won the race. I had a chance to meet him during the Make a Wish "meet and greet" session on Saturday. This year, Andy will be joined by Mirinda Carfrae at the MaW reception, so I will get a chance to meet her as well.

Lake Winnipesaukee is beautiful, so the swim is a treat even for a mediocre swimmer like me. Given the elevation gains on the bike course, I've focused on hill work in training and in races (Rev3 Quassy) this season.

I'll find out on the 21st if I've done enough.
  • Djproulx
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    @FrancesLyon - Happy happy happy Birthday!!
    Awesome pictures @gam3rguy !!

Had one heck of a paddle today, and it will be my last for a week due to the pending rain-filled forecast. Was paddling for 2 hours and 15 minutes (took one break at 2 hours - not counted in the paddling time). I essentially had a bit of a light/easy downwinder for the first 42 minutes, but when I turned around, the wind had increased significantly and the light chop was starting to turn into a moderate chop with some white tops. It took me more than double the time (93 minutes) to make it back. Some of the way (about 1/3 mile) I had to drop to my knees because I was getting no where standing up. Still got in 4.44 miles. The first half, I was doing 18.83 minute miles (3.19 mph). The trip back was 42.08 minute miles (1.43 mph) due to the persistent headwind. It was a challenging workout! I've popped the Advil. Thinking about just taking a nap now. I'm completely spent.

That sounds like quite a workout!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »

First things first: Happy birthday, Frances!

Oberon:
    Thanks. I did the race last year and really liked it. Andy Potts won the race. I had a chance to meet him during the Make a Wish "meet and greet" session on Saturday. This year, Andy will be joined by Mirinda Carfrae at the MaW reception, so I will get a chance to meet her as well.

Lake Winnipesaukee is beautiful, so the swim is a treat even for a mediocre swimmer like me. Given the elevation gains on the bike course, I've focused on hill work in training and in races (Rev3 Quassy) this season.

I'll find out on the 21st if I've done enough.

I am sure you will do great! I remember the roads being pretty rough too. But I had a great swim there. I have seen Mirinda at various races, but never met her. My friend did eventually get to meet Andy Potts are a talk hosted by our Tri Club. He is super nice.