40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    MJFSH wrote: »
    today, I have to stop the junk rush and stay within my macros!

Exactly. Gave myself that same pep talk this morning.

• bbordner
    bbordner Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Was a rough weekend consumption-wise, way too much beer. Back on track now.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All!

P90X Plyometric done!
    Yoga Later!

I have to stop snacking and start exercising. I get up super early every day to do this... then go into work early instead. Sigh.
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Good Morning All!

P90X Plyometric done!
    Yoga Later!

I have to stop snacking and start exercising. I get up super early every day to do this... then go into work early instead. Sigh.

make workout the very first thing you do, part of your morning routine, as if nothing else could be done, without this one getting done first. lol that's what I did for a while, until it became like a habit. This may sound silly, but worked for me. :)
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Back from 2 weeka vacation. Nice and active but lots of crappy food and LOTS of drinking (socially). Never thought i would be so happy to have a salad for lunch again! Got back Sunday and sent all three kids off to sleepaway camp on Monday. Actually palyed tennis in the evening and had spicy thai (homemade) for dinner.

I love vacation but glad to be back. Arms and shoulders yeaterday morn which my two yoingest joined me for (3 hour time xhange had them up early on monday). Nearly dropped the dumbell on my head when my middle one was imitating my facial expression on Arnold press.
    Try for a ride today after work seeing as i have the Fondo in 4 wks and haven't riden in almost 4 wks.

Glad to see everone is staying active. @gam3rguy do you get a bulk discount on all the races you do?
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    FUN! Hi all! I'm 40 - I lift weights 5 days/week and throw in HIIT. I'm at maintenance now, but will be bulking for the first time this fall (yikes - next month).
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    tojo_73 wrote: »
    Glad to see everone is staying active. @gam3rguy do you get a bulk discount on all the races you do?
    ...if only. holiday specials and coupon codes are my friends!

• Djproulx
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »

This may help when the alarm goes off tomorrow morning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuPLxQD4akQ
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Strength training day today.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    pdxhak wrote: »
    Hi everyone! This thread is awesome! I'm 46 and just a little over halfway in my journey to reach a goal weight of 150 lbs. I started at 220+ lbs and currently weigh 183 lbs. Recently checked my BMI and it has dropped from 31 to 28 so really happy about that :) I strength train 4 days a week and hike/jog/sprint on the weekends.

Keep it up. Good progress so far.
  • rheanaz
    rheanaz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I wanna join this cool kids thread! You all are a rockstars!!!! B)
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "P90X2 X2 Recovery + Mobility"=Done!
  • Djproulx
    Options
    2000 yd swim done. OWS is much more fun than doing pool laps.
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm back from the holiday and duely packed on 3 lbs, yikes... Back to the gym today for an hour and will ride my bike yomorrow if the weather permits, the forecast doesn't look too good :neutral:
  • bbordner
    bbordner Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Work schedule is keeping me from the gym today, so went for a walk this morning before the west Texas sun kicked in.
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Yesterday evening went to Yoga class. My teen daughter joined me for the 1st time. I have asked her to join me for the past year. But she said "no, its just for old people."

I told her there were a group of college basketball boys in the class. (The boys have attended all summer)
    After class she said "so, we are going next week right?" :#
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    This morning 30min treadmill
    Lunch-Body pump class
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Good Morning coolests!!!!

@rheanaz come on, you are most welcome to join!

@agbmom556 haha too funny! so when is the next yoga class? :p

P90X: Shoulders and Arms done this morning
    last night went for two hours walk with my son, oh boy! wasn't too pretty after morning plyo! specially walking with heels! :D
  • BillMcKay1
    BillMcKay1 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Boo! Strained my shoulder doing bench press last night. Oh to be 25 again....Nailed my squats 5x5 215lbs though so that's something I guess.