Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Who's lying?

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,098 Member
    mryak750 wrote: »
    why would you weigh yourself after having drink and pizza, if you waited an extra day or two you would have noticed no gain.

Habits... maybe? If a bullfrog had wings.... he wouldn't bust his @$$ when he jumped.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited April 2019
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    It constantly amazes me how people expect the minute detail of weight loss to be accurate to exact mathematical predictions.

Or bodies are not robots and we do not live in a science lab with no variables.

So, yes, if you eat reasonably accurately to your appropriate calorie allowance, you will lose ( maintain/ gain if your allowance is set to that ) over time.

What you won't do is eat exactly x calories one day and lose exactly x amount by the next morning weigh in.

Hush little pudding! Dude got scale!!! :wink:

Am I the only one who read this in the same tone and cadence as "hush little baby don't say a word?"
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Or, “the Dude abides”.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,226 Member
    My BIA scale measurements within 6 hours of each other were as follows:

Last night before going to bed and after a big eating 2 hour OMAD feeding window of 2,811 calories: 174.6 lbs. 11.2% BF and 54.1% body water (drank a big bottle of San Pellegrino mineral water.)

This morning, about 6 hours later: 173.4 lbs. 14.9% BF and 51.5% body water.

Both differ from a DEXA-SCAN I had done three days ago late afternoon which calculated comparable weight but much higher BF %.

As I posted earlier, the formula used on these scales must have an inverse relationship of BF % and body water %.

If I have body water percentage below 50%, I'll get a BF% reading in the 20-25% range.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,098 Member
    kytdkyt wrote: »
    OP is long gone, tired of everyone telling her what she didn't want to hear.

93.5% of all MFP threads are for the benefit of lurkers, not the OP. (That must be a true fact, because it's on the Internet now.)

Yup.. that's me in your online bushes!