Who's lying?

Options

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    mryak750 wrote: »
    why would you weigh yourself after having drink and pizza, if you waited an extra day or two you would have noticed no gain.

Habits... maybe? If a bullfrog had wings.... he wouldn't bust his @$$ when he jumped.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    It constantly amazes me how people expect the minute detail of weight loss to be accurate to exact mathematical predictions.

Or bodies are not robots and we do not live in a science lab with no variables.

So, yes, if you eat reasonably accurately to your appropriate calorie allowance, you will lose ( maintain/ gain if your allowance is set to that ) over time.

What you won't do is eat exactly x calories one day and lose exactly x amount by the next morning weigh in.

Hush little pudding! Dude got scale!!! :wink:

Am I the only one who read this in the same tone and cadence as "hush little baby don't say a word?"
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Or, “the Dude abides”.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    My BIA scale measurements within 6 hours of each other were as follows:

Last night before going to bed and after a big eating 2 hour OMAD feeding window of 2,811 calories: 174.6 lbs. 11.2% BF and 54.1% body water (drank a big bottle of San Pellegrino mineral water.)

This morning, about 6 hours later: 173.4 lbs. 14.9% BF and 51.5% body water.

Both differ from a DEXA-SCAN I had done three days ago late afternoon which calculated comparable weight but much higher BF %.

As I posted earlier, the formula used on these scales must have an inverse relationship of BF % and body water %.

If I have body water percentage below 50%, I'll get a BF% reading in the 20-25% range.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    kytdkyt wrote: »
    OP is long gone, tired of everyone telling her what she didn't want to hear.

93.5% of all MFP threads are for the benefit of lurkers, not the OP. (That must be a true fact, because it's on the Internet now.)

Yup.. that's me in your online bushes!