What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    Ah I see. I'm not speaking on a spiritual level. I'm talking about here in the natural world.

No free will, unless you live a sheltered vanilla life.
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Options
    Ah I see. I'm not speaking on a spiritual level. I'm talking about here in the natural world.

In that case can i ask you this? Can you go out right now in your OWN backyard and start digging to build a pool without the proper permit? Or can you do anything without our government having their hands on it?

😬 possibly if one lives off the grid 🤣

(Starts digging an underworld)
  • JB1775
    JB1775 Posts: 136 Member
    Options

In that case can i ask you this? Can you go out right now in your OWN backyard and start digging to build a pool without the proper permit? Or can you do anything without our government having their hands on it?

My question is based on psychological opinions. So to answer your questions, in this context, I sould say yes. I could do each of those. I may face consequences, but I can make the decision to act.
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options

My question is based on psychological opinions. So to answer your questions, in this context, I sould say yes. I could do each of those. I may face consequences, but I can make the decision to act.

This was exactly what I meant.
  • JB1775
    Options

This was exactly what I meant.

Yea I finally realized that after the fact lol. I misread your response. 🤙🏻
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Options
    kwywzsxr0zqf.gif
  • JB1775
    Options

There you go its real to you then

Yea it is. To an extent.
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options
    kwywzsxr0zqf.gif

I❤️you kid lol
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Options
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    kwywzsxr0zqf.gif

I❤️you kid lol

😆 back at you ❤️
  • Cowsfan1
    Options

Yea it is. To an extent.

To what extent ?? Where does it stop then?
  • JB1775
    edited April 2019
    Options

Yea it is. To an extent.

Reflexes for sure. Possibly strong emotional responses.
  • Cowsfan1
    Options

Yea it is. To an extent.

Again just consequences to your own free will no? - so I guess the extent is left to each of us we have as much or less as we’re willing to pay the quote cost for - is that what you mean
  • JB1775
    Options

Yea it is. To an extent.

Do you think animals have free will? I define free will as free to choose act and think voluntarily.

That's a tough one. I don't think animals have much rational capacity so I think they mostly act on instinct.
  • Cowsfan1
    Options

Yea it is. To an extent.

Do you think animals have free will? I define free will as free to choose act and think voluntarily.

That's a tough one. I don't think animals have much rational capacity so I think they mostly act on instinct.

Are we talking all animals?? Or just wild? Cause pets really are subject to their owners will right?
  • JB1775
    Options

Yea it is. To an extent.

Again just consequences to your own free will no? - so I guess the extent is left to each of us we have as much or less as we’re willing to pay the quote cost for - is that what you mean

We're barring any consequences here. We all agree there are consequences. The question is whether or not we can act voluntarily. I'm referring to the act itself. As far as reflexes go, if someone startles you, you'll react in some manner. Chances are, you won't have time to think about and decide how to respond; you just do. I think at that point free will is decreased, if not thrown out the window if only for a moment.
  • Cowsfan1
    Options

Yea it is. To an extent.

We're barring any consequences here. We all agree there are consequences. The question is whether or not we can act voluntarily. I'm referring to the act itself. As far as reflexes go, if someone startles you, you'll react in some manner. Chances are, you won't have time to think about and decide how to respond; you just do. I think at that point free will is decreased, if not thrown out the window if only for a moment.

So a fit of rage - or a crime of passion so to speak you would consider reflex and not will? Am I understanding?
  • JB1775
    Options

Yea it is. To an extent.

So a fit of rage - or a crime of passion so to speak you would consider reflex and not will? Am I understanding?

I think some would argue that is the case. I don't think the legal system sees it that way tho lol. I'm referring more specifically to knee jerk reactions. E.g. being started.
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    My niece is playing me a bit this vacation, but I am aware & complicit in it to a degree. No harm, no foul.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,159 Member
    Options
    Gym time
  • Dakase83
    Dakase83 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I'm off Thursday and Friday... Trying to figure out why I didn't take the whole damn week