JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I have a dear friend/mentor whom I have known for almost 40 years. I babysat for her in college and we've been friends ever since. I'm 57 and she is 72. She has always been thin-- never had to exercise. But she told me when I visited her last week that she has no strength in her thighs. The other day she fell in a parking lot. There was nothing she could use with which to pull herself up. Thankfully, her husband was across the way and he glanced up and saw her go down. This was a huge warning and affirmation for me to continue exercising, even when I don't want to. It is not enough to lose weight. It doesn't matter if I get slim and trim. I must get strong and stay strong. I must make exercise a part of my life, even when, especially when, I am 72 and beyond so that I will have the strength I need, as well as balance. Peace and joy.
    rj49iedej3hc.png
  • toaljasa
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Yes, they figured it out and we got to come home. Thank you for asking! Yes I’ve been keeping up with the challenge but this one is a little different. Every day you have to add another set. I try to complete them first thing in the morning. That way I know I will get them done. I do a set when brushing my teeth and continue while I’m doing my morning face routine etc. lol I know it sounds silly but it really helps.

Thankful everyone is home and doing well.
    I am the same...I don't do squats while brushing teeth, although I did think about it last night. But I do them while I wait for my water to boil, or toast to brown, etc! I just have to get a hundred in each day...not sure I could do more than that!!! Keep it up...you are going to have some strong legs!!!

I received this friendly reminder yesterday...thought I'd pass it on to you!
    goer7ire80l0.png

• johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    JFT ~Tuesday (4/16)
    Sleep in!
    Morning Affirmations
    Pre-log meals & plan accordingly for those days:
    ->Saturday memorial.
    ->Easter dinner
    Check~in w/MFP pals
    Track
    Plan meals/Snacks
    Elevenses - Van Protein -Pumpkin Latte
    Lunch
    Dinner
    Snack
    Enjoy time w/hubby-resale shopping
    Play on computer.
    Create-Print-Post SB poster
    Wrap Protein NO Bake Fakes & freeze
    Pay Bills

KEEP Nightly routine of not binging:
    Read & complete notes to self
    Eat mindfully pre-plated dinner; or log prior if plans change.
    Drink hot tea
    Brush teeth. Go to bed & Say “Kitchen Closed!”
    Post on MFP just before lights out.

Challenges:
    Jan~ Drink 8+ water
    Feb.~ Only 1 snack after dinner
    Mar.~ 15 min. walk outside
    April challenge. Say something positive: Noticing that even though I might not be perfect in my plans, it doesn't have to derail me. I tend to be my own worst enemy. Positive self-talk & checking in with MFP are my friends.
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @snowflake1968 the job opportunity sounds interesting. Think you’re right to find out more rather than reject it out of hand. If it’s right then hopefully the transport situation can be sorted. Good luck with working the polling day- I imagine it will be exhausting! Well done for planning food ahead of time. X[/quote]

I second Faebert's message about checking out the job possibility. Hopefully, transportation can be worked out. I've done the polling day, bringing in food for the day. It was a long day, but fun--in slow times, we got a chance to talk with the other workers and it was nice to see neighbors that I don't see on a regular basis. Being with other residents of my community, I learned a lot about what was going on in our township. And, I commend you for responding to our group's posts--it does mean a lot, to learn that others are reading and responding to our daily challenges.
  • toaljasa
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Thinking of you Traci and Joan.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Yes, they figured it out and we got to come home. Thank you for asking! Yes I’ve been keeping up with the challenge but this one is a little different. Every day you have to add another set. I try to complete them first thing in the morning. That way I know I will get them done. I do a set when brushing my teeth and continue while I’m doing my morning face routine etc. lol I know it sounds silly but it really helps.

I am the same...I don't do squats while brushing teeth, although I did think about it last night. But I do them while I wait for my water to boil, or toast to brown, etc! I just have to get a hundred in each day...not sure I could do more than that!!! Keep it up...you are going to have some strong legs!!!

Oh my God. I am SO stupid!!
    Ive downloaded these apps in the past and thought i had to do 100 IN ONE GO!
    I always deleted the app because i thought sod that!!! As if i could do that!!!

😂😂😂😂
  • lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Last week I was in the green by an average of 287 which beat my goal of 250. Yay! This come out to about a 1/2 pound loss which is good but oh soooo slow. Oh well onto:

JFT 4/16/19
    Pre log my day
    Spend the morning with my mother helping her to organize her kitchen (purge)
    Try and make the 1:00 class at the gym
    Chose smaller calorie snacks, drink water first (am I thirsty and not hungry)
    No wine or snacks after dinner
  • Ecosse2018
    Ecosse2018 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will eat my evening meal then stop. I will not be tempted by a little bit of cheese, or even one teeny weeny sugar free sweet. My goal is to be at target on 1st June. I can do it if I have determination, persistence and patience, and I will just do it. 🌞
  • hellerhoneybee
    hellerhoneybee Posts: 13 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Checking in from yesterday--just have a few minutes right now, but taking advantage to write you awesome ladies! Thank you for being here. Seriously, I am so glad I found you all. This is the best thing that's ever happened to me, finding this forum.

Next, here are my goals for today 4/15, and I'll check back in when I can:
    1. Log at least 50% (ideally 100%, but I'm going for achievable) - 100%!!
    2. Stay within +/-10% of calorie goal - did well under! but, skipped breakfast.. :(
    3. Be positive as much as possible - i did okay with this one; i like the modification i made to this one because it is much easier to achieve
    4. Be mindful of what your body is telling you about food, fullness, movement, emotions, pain - i am working on this one, but going in the right direction i think
    5. Make and complete a daily to do list at work - i think i will modify this one also; it should be make a weekly prioritized to do list and make progress toward completion daily - i did that already!
    6. File a tax extension because filing is just not going to happen today - done!
    7. Pick up stuff on my way home that my hubby asked for (I have a list) - done!

For today 4/16, here are my goals, and I'll check back in when I can:
    1. Eat a healthy breakfast
    2. Log at least 50% (ideally 100%, but I'm going for achievable)
    3. Stay within +/-10% of calorie goal
    4. Be positive as much as possible
    5. Be mindful of what your body is telling you about food, fullness, movement, emotions, pain
    6. Make and complete daily progress toward my weekly to do list at work
    7. Pick up dog food on my way home
    8. Mail birthday card for my mom
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »

I received this friendly reminder yesterday...thought I'd pass it on to you!
    goer7ire80l0.png

what's the squat challenge?
  • hellerhoneybee
    Options
    p58fngywz7jf.jpg
    the sweetest furbabies ever! this is a pic from 2016, but i just love it. i need to take more pictures of them...
  • hellerhoneybee
    Options
    @aubyshortcake, I can imagine the worry about your babies. I've gone through that, and it is so scary to think they are out there somewhere. Just know that if they can, they will find their way back to you. You keep your chin up as well, it will be okay. I really do hope you find those babies because that would be so awful to lose them. Is Rukia one of your dogs? I assume that is true. I have to give one of mine pills every morning and night also--the tan dog in the pic I shared, she has epilepsy. Best to you!!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    So Matt still isn't feeling any better. I have a call into the doctor again. I feel like I'm talking to them like 3 times a day. It's crazy. This is the fourth day he has called out. I'm about ready to go into the office on my hands and knees and beg for something to make him feel better. It's killing me seeing him like this. I HATE this. At this point I don't even care about answers. I just want something that relieves the constant sick feeling he has. I'm about ready to lose my mind.

Have you tried any of the medical cannabis? Its legal over there right? Or do you need a medical card?
    CBD (the non psychoactive part) is legal in the UK now and my partner uses it for anxiety but it has hundreds more uses.
    But anti-nausea is one of them.

I hate to see you in despair!

Big hugs, you hang in there!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone... I hope it's okay for me to share some pictures with you. I have a lot of nieces/nephews, and
    Great nieces and nephews, and great great nieces and nephews. 😁
    pphbehvn9gj9.jpg
    4r9jkulav3sk.jpg
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    hahj47761wum.jpg