Yup. Hit Scream Weight.

Options

Replies

• IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    I knew it was coming, but today was the day. My goal weight is 125 (5-7”f) which I hit last Feb. Late summer creeped up to 135, over winter hit 145. Today, BAM! 150, the weight I said I would never see again. Technically, this doesn’t even belong in this thread, but you are my people. Yes, I know what needs to happen, but implementation is yet be seen. I do have incentive with a vacation in 45 days and no summer clothes that fit.

I dream of 150 and would be screaming for happiness, and that extra inch of height.....in your 40's 150 will rock (It's my goal now - I have 55 lbs to go...but am still trying to reach my phase one goal of 190). That being said - this isn't about me - yoru post is about you- there may be a new food item, or change in your work schedule/routine (as we get older we sit more at wor it seems), that is raising your weight. Good to get on top of it now, so it doesn't quickly turn to 175 (one sprained something away). Also, and I don't know how old you are, the metabolism slows each decade we get older. Good luck
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    @SummerSkier can’t say I’m back in a deficit, but I’m fully committed to not gaining another pound while I get my head back in the game. I read half the book (refuse to regain) and put the food scale back on the counter today..,baby steps.

Excellent! <3
  • RideLiftRun
    RideLiftRun Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was one of the tar-pit people my last go-round in 2013. Lost 75# while being very active on MFP. Hit goal and dropped out of sight. ONE short year it took me to gain it all back.

So after losing 75# again (at one point it was 99#) I’m taking a very different approach including leaning in to you with more experience, and weighing every day - even if i don’t like what I see.

If anyone is reading this that is uncomfortable about being in the same situation. Please either post, or PM. It feels so nice to know that this group has your back!

I'll send you a friend request...

I've never been active on MFP, but having yoyoed quite a bit with my weight since the original loss, I've now figured that while I know how to lose weight, I'm not very good at all at maintenance. So trying a new approach of being more active in here to help me figure it out! Thanks for starting this post, it really can be very uncomfortable admitting regain.

@RideLiftRun if you are into such things, there’s a podcast called Half Size Me that focuses on maintenance. I like hearing stories of others who are in the same place.

Great thanks, I'll check it out!
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    It I hit 150 I'd also scream, but my scream would be from happiness. That's my current goal weight. I'm 5'8". I didn't realize how fat that is still considered.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    It I hit 150 I'd also scream, but my scream would be from happiness. That's my current goal weight. I'm 5'8". I didn't realize how fat that is still considered.

There's height to consider. IIRC, OP is less tall than you.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

There's height to consider. IIRC, OP is less tall than you.

Is less tall how we say short now, to spare the feelings of those of us who are vertically challenged? ;)

You and I are short. I didn't want to offend OP by lumping her in with the likes of us. :laugh: