JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :/ I avoided snacking which I'm quite pleased about as I had another stressful day. But I ate/drank a little more than I intended to at my friend's
    - Take sensible portions at dinner :neutral: As above
    - Stay within maintenance :/
    - 3+ bottles water plus lots of soft drink :/

- No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite :smile:
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts :neutral: Yes, until after dinner
    - Give myself credit! :smile:
    - Stay positive :neutral:

- 45+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - Meditate :smile:
    - 2+ of French book, article, podcast, Duolingo :smile:
    - Leave work by 6.30pm :smile:
    - Lights off by 12 latest :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 3+ bottles water
    - No alcohol

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 45+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - 3+ of French book, article, podcast, Duolingo
    - Leave work by 6.30pm
    - Pack for Easter weekend
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

Weekly calorie balance: 870 in red

Today's positive thought: 2 working days before long Easter weekend!

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation

How I will exercise mindful moderation today: By continuing to resist urge to stress eat and sticking to my food plan.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 17 April

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge
    April challenge
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 i forgot to tell you, i think your prayer the other day actually worked! Because the dogs nail rectified itself over night! saving me a vet trip and money, and stress lol!

@PackerFanInGB i keep meaning to tell you, them pot towels are AMAZING! At first i wondered if they were actually going to protect my hands because i normally fold a teatowel over about 3 times. But i didnt feel a thing!!

9w52260clg02.jpg
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,024 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    4/16/19 Tues.
    Weight: 150.6 lbs
    Stay in Green :) barely, tho.
    Drink at least 4 8oz. glasses of water :)

JFT 4/17/19 Wed.
    Weigh:
    Stay in Green
    Drink at least 4 8oz. glasses of water

I'm sorry but I can't keep up with this thread. I hope it's ok if I continue to post. I read some of the posts and my heart goes out to those who are struggling and having adversity in their lives.
    I also share the happiness with those who are having successes and/or happiness.
    And, for those like me... who are just trying to plod along... thinking of y'all, too.
    Sending virtual hugs to everyone.
    (BTW, I do click on the bottom of practically every post that I read. Usually with the like, hug, insightful or inspiring...)

Thanks for having this thread.
    Linda (Elbee1)

• artnom_85
    artnom_85 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    JFT - 16/04/2019

Stick to the planned meals :smile:
    Leave work by 6.30pm :neutral: (it was 7pm in the end)
    Drink at least 2 bottles of water :( (not even close)
    No unplanned spending :)
    Reach the steps goal :(

JFT - 17/04/2019

Follow meal plan
    Drink 2 bottles of water
    No unplanned spending
    Reach steps goal
    Go to the post office! Only been putting it off for 3 weeks
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 - sorry to hear you are struggling with depression but well done for getting to the doctor. Definitely lean on all of us for support. This group is amazing x

@mytime6630 - so glad you had a lovely day with your husband. Hoping your daughter stays on a more even keel and you continue to enjoy your anniversary celebrations

@bookmeister86 - hang in there! Well done for managing the stress eating. So close to the long weekend now, you can do it!!

Waves and hugs and high fives to everyone else. I am reading every post and know how hard everyone is trying x
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    It’s glorious sunshine in London today and I’m just back from a long run. My plans for dinner out yesterday got cancelled and I’m actually pleased as I was so tired after not sleeping well the night before. Today will be quite chilled. Going to my parents to see my sister who is visiting from up north. Going to leave the kids there for a sleepover as tomorrow morning I have Warrior class then a swim and brunch with a good friend. Nice plans and my work on reports is done so no guilt!

Tuesday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - finish report personal statements ✅
    - put away laundry ✅
    - breakfast for the kids - pancakes ✅
    - jog to cafe for lunch with kids 😐 we went, but we walked
    - check arrangements for dinner with H tonight ✅ postponed
    - girls pack for sleepover ❎ not needed
    - head to parents after lunch - remember passport docs ✅
    - out for dinner ❎ - stay within calorie goal ✅

Wednesday goals:
    - morning run ✅
    - girls pack for sleepover
    - head to parents place again
    - do passport docs
    - laundry
    - bed by 9:30

Have a good day everyone x
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Up early for a morning run because it's low 50s now and it'll be 80s this afternoon. Not much for running in the dark, but c'est la vie and it'll be a gorgeous afternoon and I'll be able to feel virtuous as I laze about. (Maybe.)

Hey @Faebert is that a new progress pic? LOOK AT YOUR MUSCLES! <3

More later. Maybe. Depends how slowly I move after the run and how long it takes me to get cleaned up and ready for school, hahaha!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options

JFT 26th April

Log everything I did, until late evening
    Stay in the green No, was only just over, then ate half a big bag of crisps before bed. Why???
    Back exercises just some stretches
    Find house insurance Yes
    Babysit Yes
    Walk 45 minutes, with no dawdling. Pleased I managed that

Sometimes I "forget" how important this is to me. Just how much I want to lose some weight for my health, my pain, my looks. I counted every calorie yesterday, and then in the evening I snacked and ruined the days efforts. Tried to talk myself out of it, but still did it. Someone here recently mentioned "intentional sabotage", why do we do it?!

Positive thought - I didn't wake up as many times as I usually do last night, so must have had a better sleep :)

JFT 17th April

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Shopping
    Visit parents
    Either walk or garden
    Do some extra tidying in the house

• clicketykeys
    Options
    Woot! 3.51 miles in 50:37. Almost the time I was aiming for.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I see lots of smiley faces and big ticks, you are all doing so well. And if it's a sad face, just try again the next day :)

@aubyshortcake , I really hope your dogs have returned home by now.

@maryrobinson40 , you have a lovely family, I would love to be part of a large family like you.

@Snowflake1968 , hope your day at the elections went well.

@Faebert , WOW, just wow! at your photo. I don't know how much weight you have lost, but you look absolutely great :) You are a positive advert for the benefits of strength training.

@toaljasa , you are so right about the importance of staying strong, not just slim. Whenever I get up off the floor after my exercises I make a point of rising without holding onto anything, even though holding on would be easier. I don't want to end up unable to get up by myself, like an elderly family member did. She had several falls in her house and had to call for help each time. And so much worse when you live on your own.
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    JFT ~Tuesday (4/16) - RECAP
    Sleep in!
    Morning Affirmations
    Pre-log meals & plan accordingly for those days:
    ->Saturday memorial. Still planning.
    ->Easter dinner
    Check~in w/MFP pals
    Track
    Plan meals/Snacks
    Elevenses - Van Protein -Pumpkin Latte homemade protein bar
    Lunch
    Dinner
    Snack
    Enjoy time w/hubby-resale shopping
    Play on computer.
    Create-Print-Post SB poster ~ created & posted ; printer is printing pink. *sigh*
    Wrap Protein NO Bake Fakes & freeze
    Pay bills.

KEEP Nightly routine of not binging:
    Read & complete notes to self
    Eat mindfully pre-plated dinner; or log prior if plans change.
    Drink hot tea
    Brush teeth. Go to bed & Say “Kitchen Closed!”
    Post on MFP just before lights out (or next morning).

Challenges:
    Jan~ Drink 8+ water
    Feb.~ Only 1 snack after dinner
    Mar.~ 15 min. walk outside
    April challenge. Say something positive: Noticing that even though I might not be perfect in my plans, it doesn't have to derail me. I tend to be my own worst enemy. Positive self-talk & checking in with MFP are my friends.
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Update first directions. Check in with S about freshman essays.
    3. Class 1-2: Finish presentations. Add senator names as class comments. Add questions as responses.
    4. Planning: A - Update lesson plans and print. Put poster up. Sign up for cart Thurs/Fri. Call MB parents and see about staying after and/or completing work. B - Draft essay at lunch duty. C - Discussion responses. D - Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Check plan for when computer cart is needed! Plan & log Wednesday food.
    5. Class 4: Choose reflection. Create one-pager. Type reflection. Check on Grammarly.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Bodypump 5:30. Pick up book from library; drop off. Lang8 post. Read 10 pages of Cafeteria. Weigh and prep celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch. QUIZ!
    8. Gratitude journal. Update Goodreads Friday.
    9. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Prep Wed lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:00.

JFT Wednesday
    1. AM run - aim for 3.5 miles, <50 min. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Update JFT by 7:00.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Update first directions. Pull Machiavelli copies.
    3. Class 1-2: Grammar practice. Definitions. Assign chapters. Paraphrase and simplify. Choose leaders.
    4. Planning: A - Update lesson plans and print. CALL PARENTS. B - Finish research essays at lunch. Duo. C - Enter all grades. D - Draft essay.
    5. Class 4: Split; work on DOE practice.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Audition for summer job. Log Thursday food. Prep Thursday lunch. Chop celery.
    8. Gratitude journal. Walk? Prep Wes Moore plans. Read 10 pages each of Cafeteria and OTCU.
    9. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Lang8 post. Read 6 pages of Capital. Read 10 pages of Fallout. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:00. Update Goodreads Friday.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 188.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie). Add lamp and wobble board to grocery list.
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Apr 25 Dentist. Apr 22 McC. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. May 4 is SW Day and FCB Day. Coloring at library on Tuesday.

WFTY: Climbing. Bit of a cheat this morning. Weighed in AFTER going for a run. I forgot how much of a difference that makes!
    Positive thought: I almost made my time goal!
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    @hellerhoneybee and @littleblackskirt Thank you so much. As the day went on I started getting really worried because we saw nothing and heard nothing, then around 6 pm we finally got a call. They had wandered a couple miles away to the Bay, they were in the mangroves by the water. Rukia was stuck in the mud and Kya stayed with her. A boater spotted them and got them into his boat. They are both home safe now but very weak and dehydrated. They were terrified and shaking and Rukia can barely walk. They seem a little more relaxed this morning but I think it's going to be a few days before they're back to normal, we will be keeping a close eye on them. I'm just glad they were found when they were, they were stuck there surrounded by salt water, I don't know that they would have made it through another night.

@maryrobinson40 You have such a beautiful family. It sounds like that was the perfect tribute to your brother. Big hugs to you!

@Elbee1 I love seeing your posts, I have a hard time keeping up with everyone also, but please keep posting! You are not expected to answer everyone 😊

@HEGoddard0928 I'm so sorry you've had to deal with these struggles, I hope Matt gets better soon.

@Bex953172 I'm sorry you've been struggling with depression, I've been dealing with it since childhood and I know it's very difficult to manage even normal everyday tasks sometimes. We are all here for you, please lean on us whenever you need! 💖💖
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I had a really busy day yesterday, and very emotional couple of days and backslid a little. I didn't think I did but I must have not logged or under estimated and definitely wasn't mindfully eating. Gained a little weight back and feeling frustrated at myself.

60 minutes of exercise (almost but not quite)- :| , 30 minutes of yoga :( 30 minutes of swimming :)
    Log all food :)(yes-but did I do it correctly? Must not have done. No more guestimating
    Stay within calories :(
    10 minutes meditation :(
    Make a healthy ish choice at dinner out on 4/16 :)

Today needs to be a day of reflection and self care. I kind of have the day off.

JFT 4/17:
    Start journaling-around meals and start a joyful movement list.
    Mindfully eat all meals/snacks
    60 minutes exercise
    Some type of joyful movement (hiking, yoga, walking etc)
    Catch up on Laundry/Cleaning
    10 minutes meditation

Negative thoughts are plaguing me today-need to get it together and spend some time focusing inward.

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @maryrobinson40 i forgot to tell you, i think your prayer the other day actually worked! Because the dogs nail rectified itself over night! saving me a vet trip and money, and stress lol!

@PackerFanInGB i keep meaning to tell you, them pot towels are AMAZING! At first i wondered if they were actually going to protect my hands because i normally fold a teatowel over about 3 times. But i didnt feel a thing!!

9w52260clg02.jpg

@Bex953172
    Lol…... I just love you😀😀😀💝
  • GarysGirl81
    GarysGirl81 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Got everything done on my list yesterday, except for cardio. Work/life balance. Ugh. I will have to stick to doing everything first thing in the morning as I had been doing. But JFT:
    1. Log everything
    2. Do squats
    3. Stay under calorie goal
    4. Drink 40 oz water
    5. At least 20 mins on stationary bike
    6. Get outside
    7. Decrease distractions while working
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    x5w19yfdt2xj.jpg
  • GarysGirl81
    GarysGirl81 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Yes, they figured it out and we got to come home. Thank you for asking! Yes I’ve been keeping up with the challenge but this one is a little different. Every day you have to add another set. I try to complete them first thing in the morning. That way I know I will get them done. I do a set when brushing my teeth and continue while I’m doing my morning face routine etc. lol I know it sounds silly but it really helps.

Thankful everyone is home and doing well.
    I am the same...I don't do squats while brushing teeth, although I did think about it last night. But I do them while I wait for my water to boil, or toast to brown, etc! I just have to get a hundred in each day...not sure I could do more than that!!! Keep it up...you are going to have some strong legs!!!

I received this friendly reminder yesterday...thought I'd pass it on to you!
    goer7ire80l0.png

what's the squat challenge?

There are variations. I don’t use an app or anything like that. There are some good ones on Pinterest or I just do them with friends. You can do so many a day or do a challenge of increasing the amount daily, which is what I’m doing. There are so many variations. If you decide to do one, I would opt to pick something that is challenging, yet not so challenging that you can’t/won’t complete it.