800 Miles in 2009!

Options
Ok so I'm starting this a little late...that's why I'm not doing 1000 miles. :happy: So I started a goal today, I'm going to "travel" 800 miles before 2009 is up. This could be running, walking, eliptical or biking....heck roller blading or row machine! If you break it down its only 2.66 miles per day. So I'm just extending the invite to everyone to see if there is anyone out there wanting to take on this challenge with me!

Any takers???

Replies

• cassangelidy
    Options
    Ok so I'm starting this a little late...that's why I'm not doing 1000 miles. :happy: So I started a goal today, I'm going to "travel" 800 miles before 2009 is up. This could be running, walking, eliptical or biking....heck roller blading or row machine! If you break it down its only 2.66 miles per day. So I'm just extending the invite to everyone to see if there is anyone out there wanting to take on this challenge with me!

Any takers???
  • olyjok
    olyjok Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great thing for me. Im up for the challange... How often should we check in :drinker:

Josh
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    Hey Josh! :smile:

Nice to meet you!! I'm Cassidy! I'll probably update my ticker everyday, that way I don't lose track :)....not sure how often I'll post my numbers....I guess it depends on how many of us are brave enough to try it!!

My "ultimate" goal is 1000 miles, but I'll be crazy proud when I get to 800!!
    BTW, Love the shirt!! :laugh:

:drinker: to you!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I set a walking/running, biking, spinning and bodypump goals at the beginning of January. I post daily on my facebook page and then do an update at the end of the month. I find it holds me very accountable b/c my friends know what my goals are and they see if I meet them (or not). I am behind on my biking goals due to cold weather but I know I will make up for it in the spring and summer so I am not too concerned about that. I set goals that I knew I could accomplish.

Walk/run-312 miles (I do include elliptical on this)--I have already done 104 miles
    Bike-1000 miles--I have already done 189 miles
    Body Pump- 104 classes for the year--I have done 17 classes
    Spin/RPM-104 classes for the year--I have already done 14 classes and I don't count this toward my bike mileage goal.

I have found that it has held me VERY accountable. I wish I had done this years ago. I didn't call it a new year's resolution...just a fitness goal for the year. I am already thinking about how I will feel when I meet and exceed my goals!

Good luck to you!
  • olyjok
    Options
    I know how hard it is with kids :wink: But I know we will do it ! Some nights we will have to run six miles to make up days:drinker:
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    Great idea Bambi! Seriously...I might have to think about doing that!!!
    Isn't BodyPump great!! Have you ever tried BodyCombat? That is my favorite out of the "Body" series.

Josh, That is why I am up at 4:15am....lol...get the workout in before work...once I get home...my baby girl gets all my attention. :happy:
  • pooh70
    pooh70 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun, and also a great way to make myself get out of bed in the morning and get to the gym. :happy: Count me in. Now I just have to figure out how to set up the ticker to track my progress.

BodyPump & BodyCombat use to be my favorite classes until I switched gyms, my current one does have Pump but not Combat. They do have BodyFlow, which I love.
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    Count me in. I do the elliptical at least 5 nights a week and have started a 1/2 marathon training program. I would like to be held accountable to get my training in because I really want to do a 1/2 here in October.

How do you get the tickerfactory tickers under your MFP one?
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    This is where I got my tracker.

http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php?type=8

Once you design yours it will give you an image address and you just cut and paste it in your signature. :happy:

Yeahbuddy, I am training for a 5K first...I'm hoping to be half marathon ready in November when the Seattle Marathon takes place. :noway: I'm just taking it one at a time.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Great idea Bambi! Seriously...I might have to think about doing that!!!
    Isn't BodyPump great!! Have you ever tried BodyCombat? That is my favorite out of the "Body" series.

Josh, That is why I am up at 4:15am....lol...get the workout in before work...once I get home...my baby girl gets all my attention. :happy:

My gym does not have BodyCombat...sounds interesting!
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    Thanks, Cassidy. I'm going to make a ticker to track my running to help keep me on track.

I've done several 5k's, an 10k, an 8 miler and one 1/2 before. The 1/2 I'm training for is the same one I did before, but I was injured at the time and didn't do very well. I'm hoping this time I will do much better. Good luck with your training.

Alas, I haven't quite entered the 21st century so I don't have Face Book. I already have myspace and don't want to get into another forum like that. So, I won't be posting my goals anywhere but here for you guys to hold me accountable:bigsmile:
  • olyjok
    Options
    Wow I only got 2.5 miles in last night. Man Ill tell you what, I should have never quit running when I was hot last year. I could run Three miles without a problem. Now I had a hell of a time running 2.5. Im sure if I keep up with running this time, I will be strong at running by the time Baseball starts.

Here we go 796 miles to go Thanks Josh:bigsmile:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda doing this, I'm only counting my running miles though. I was planning on only doing 500, but WTH I'll try for 800 :smile:

As of this morning I'm at 103 miles (I started the beginning of January) :flowerforyou:
  • timechange
    Options
    I am totally in! This is good motivation to get back into running. I've been slacking for the past couple of weeks. Today I hope to run at least 3 miles! :drinker:

I'll post on here everyday hopefully....
  • kimlee
    kimlee Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! My husband to be (25 days to go) and I are trainng for a 5K in June. This will be just another way to hold me accountable.

exercise.png
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    Yeah! I'm so excited this idea was well recieved!!

Yeah Buddy, I don't have facebook either and I'm not about to post a goal like this on my myspace until I"m at least 25% done. hehehe...So maybe at the 200 mile mark I'll post on myspace. :tongue:

KimLee congrats on the wedding!!! And welcome!

Bravo Tiddle...103 miles is awesome!

So I only got in .9 miles....I had a personal training session today, so I didn't get the cardio in that I wanted....the rest of the wee will be much better!! Promie. :)
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    Well, I didn't get any exercise yesterday as I needed to spend some time with a friend who's going through a crisis right now. I'll make up for it tonight, though:ohwell:

Welcome to all our new friends:flowerforyou:

Cassidy, I hear ya on the whole myspace thing! It would be embarrasing:embarassed: for my friends to see my goals if I'm not reaching them. Some would say that's motivation enough, but that doesn't work for me. Posting here, on the other hand, is definitely motivation.

Josh, I wish I could run more than one mile at a stretch. My next 5k goal is to be able to run the whole thing without stopping. I was very close to it last time and hope to be able to do it within the next two months. Just hang in there and you'll be back at 3 before you know it:drinker:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I want to join! I want to do it all running- my new pastime! Can you tell me how you guys get the tickers that show the progress? I specially love the four-leaf clover one!!:wink:
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    Welcome Lucky! I see you figured out the ticker. :happy:

I'm with those of you who said they are doing their miles all running....That is why I'm doing...well...run/walk for the first little bit I'm sure...hehehe. Gotta get back to where I can run ALL the time...just not there yet. :)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    oh I am not there yet- I can run for like ten-twelve minutes then I have to walk- still working my way up! I hope you don't mind I copied your ticker, but I really love 4-leaf clovers- my favorite!!

How often should we be checking in with each other?