It is unlikely that you will lose weight consistently (i.e., weight loss is not linear)

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• jtaylor122888
    jtaylor122888 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes. You need to have patience and focus on the big picture.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    Not necessarily. Especially for women.

Point me in the direction of research studies proving this. I understand it’s water retention which is no different than pigging out on high sodium food and weighing more the next day. Therefore, it’s not real weight gain as the CICO experts remind us.

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Yes I read, thanks for asking.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,595 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    The more stellar your consistency and discipline is, the more linear will be your weight loss.
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    Not necessarily. Especially for women.

Point me in the direction of research studies proving this. I understand it’s water retention which is no different than pigging out on high sodium food and weighing more the next day. Therefore, it’s not real weight gain as the CICO experts remind us.

You said weight loss; not fat loss in your post three up.

So the answer would have to remain: not necessarily and especially so for women, and that if you did read the OP you quite possibly are not interpreting the same way the rest of us are.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Time for a bump :wink:
  • kimny72
    Options
    Due for a bump
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    This is quite timely for me. i have not seen this thread before.

I have mentioned on a couple of threads here that I have got tempted yesterday and today not to log a couple of little things.

I know that this is because I have been doing well and at this time in the process ( a couple of months in) if I have done well in the past I start to get complacent and cocky. So I start to 'ignore' little things thinking I can get away with eating them.

Then what will happen is that I might see a fluctuation or something or weight loss slowing down and then thats it, I will be throwing in the towel and further weight gain beckons.

I really cant let that happen, I cant get to another birthday weighing this much.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I've been here a month and never saw this thread so many thanks to those who bumped it.

Very insightful reading. ☺
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is weird. I started in March 2019 and lost 10lbs in March and 10lbs in April. In May and June, I lost about 5lbs each month. If I keep doing what I'm doing (and my body keeps doing what it's doing); I'm on target to lose 15lbs in July. I did drop my daily caloric amount about 80kcal/day last month. I have not exercised at all but this month the weight is dropping off like crazy. Weight loss is weird. I'm more hungry this month too. August will bring a diet break/refeed for the first 8-10 days. Hopefully that will get rid of the hunger. Time will tell.
  • jim_pipkin
    jim_pipkin Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Good advice!
  • kimny72
    Options
    Bump :innocent:
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Definitely time to bump this one!