April 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo what a beautiful spot for a run! You're inspiring me to get back to taking a drive on Sun to get to one of my more scenic longer run spots, rather than just setting out from my front door yet again (I am sooo bored of my local route)

Re: the tree trimming - I have no idea. But now I want to remember to take a pic of the pretty one out my window when I get home, lol
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Aww I love the flowering trees! All of ours are past flowering. We have a Japanese plum that’s yummy, but the prettiest is the sand cherry. Dh said it need cut back but I don’t want to cut it back. And it’s already loaded with cherries. What do you think? Maybe trim it later? Guess I could look it up or ask the nursery when to trim it.
    dytt5sikuocu.jpeg

Hah, our ground hasn't even finished un-freezing. We're supposed to have our first stretch of 50+ weather starting today and the rain yesterday washed away the snow from our last storm, so hopefully we'll start seeing flowers soon.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    @MobyCarp
    I missed what happened to you... I saw that you ran the Shamrock half, you were way ahead of me. Then I see you are in a boot 😢

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,959 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday @kgirlhart ! Awesome that your 50's are going to be so much better than your 40's!!

@Elise4270 Yeah. My mom used to say that all of the time too!

@polskagirl01 Love the new shoes. Hope they work out for you!
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    @MobyCarp
    I missed what happened to you... I saw that you ran the Shamrock half, you were way ahead of me. Then I see you are in a boot 😢

He got a stress fracture. :(
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,973 Member
    Options
    Thanks @quilteryoyo!

I haven't officially registered for my HM in May yet. The price goes up on 4/26. Today in my email I got a birthday greeting from the company that does the race with $10 off my next race entry. I'm glad I waited to register.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    April goal: 85 miles

4/2: 5.07 miles
    4/3: 4.63 miles
    4/4: 5.05 miles
    4/7: 8.41 miles
    4/9: 5.04 miles
    4/10 5.00 miles
    4/11: 5.03 miles
    4/14: 9.02 miles
    4/16: 5.04 miles
    4/17: 5.04 miles
    4/18: 5.1 miles

62.43/85 miles completed

In celebration of my 51st birthday today I ran 5.1 miles. It was a good run. It was a little cooler than yesterday and windy, but still hot and muggy all at the same time. There were some clouds and the moon looked really cool with the clouds flying past it when I started out. It was a mostly uneventful run, but very pleasant. I still find it hard to believe that not only do I willingly run 5 miles on my birthday, but I want to run 5 miles on my birthday and I would have been very disappointed if I had not been able to run today. My 5th decade is off to a good start. I feel so much better now than I did when I was in my forties. Running, yoga and dropping 80 pounds makes getting old a lot easier.

My boss is out of the office today and tomorrow is a holiday, so I will probably spend the rest of the day taking it pretty easy. So far the birthday is off to a good start.

exercise.png

2019 races:
    2/2/19: Catch the Groundhog Half Marathon - PR 2:15:17
    5/18/19: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon

Happy Birthday! Such an awesome post!
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart Happy Birthday!!!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart happy birthday!!! 🎊🎂🎈🎁
  • kgirlhart
    Options
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday @kgirlhart! What a great start to the day, year and decade!!

April goal: 36 miles
    Stretch goal: 50 miles

4/2 - 3.32
    4/4 - 2.54
    4/7 - 6.29 Hauser Lake Icebreaker 10k (official time 1:15:15)
    4/9 - 3.05
    4/11 - 2.01
    4/14 - 4.01
    4/16 - 3.97
    4/18 - 2.34

Total: 27.53 miles

My schedule called for 2.5 miles this morning; ended a little short. It was a great run though. I ran past a readerboard which reminded me it is my brother's birthday today, too. I considered sending him a message but decided to wait until a more reasonable hour. So far, I'm on track to hit my goal next week AND for the stretch goal for the month! Yeah!! Only 6 more runs until my 12k race. :D
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart Happy Birthday!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent It looks like a garter snake.

The house I grew up in had a nest full of them under an old stump, so they were everywhere in our yard as a kid. They were a little bit different, probably a different sub-species in Iowa, but still harmless.
  • kgirlhart
    Options
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent It looks like a garter snake.

The house I grew up in had a nest full of them under an old stump, so they were everywhere in our yard as a kid. They were a little bit different, probably a different sub-species in Iowa, but still harmless.

That was my first thought, but I really do not know my snakes. :)