April 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    ... The speaker in my phone is broken so i cant talk on the phone. (Im not a peapol person any way) hey i like that "peapol". Best way of spelling it evah! Haha! I cant spell. But i dug out some paperwork yesterday and ran across my old act scores, 96 percentile nationally in science. So guess there has to be give and take. Oh, point was: so dh is finally considering replacing my phone
    @Elise4270 "considering to replace it"?? A phone with which you can't make phone calls sounds 100% replacement-worthy to me. But maybe I'm old-fashined for considering a phone a device to make phone calls with :tongue: :mrgreen:
    Hugs on the sore leg, Yay for walking with just one crutch!

Wait... you can talk on those things? huh.

Right? Not having the GPS voice is also a bit of an inconvenience. But, eh. Its all fine.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,391 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    ... The speaker in my phone is broken so i cant talk on the phone. (Im not a peapol person any way) hey i like that "peapol". Best way of spelling it evah! Haha! I cant spell. But i dug out some paperwork yesterday and ran across my old act scores, 96 percentile nationally in science. So guess there has to be give and take. Oh, point was: so dh is finally considering replacing my phone
    @Elise4270 "considering to replace it"?? A phone with which you can't make phone calls sounds 100% replacement-worthy to me. But maybe I'm old-fashined for considering a phone a device to make phone calls with :tongue: :mrgreen:
    Hugs on the sore leg, Yay for walking with just one crutch!

Wait... you can talk on those things? huh.

Right? Not having the GPS voice is also a bit of an inconvenience. But, eh. Its all fine.
    You don't want to have to talk on it anyways! Now when the annoying work peopol (😊) call you have a legit reason not to talk to them!😆 Also no running or cycling means no need for the GPS voice... On the other hand I really think DH should anty up to get it replaced, especially now while you have time to learn (play) with all the new features!
    I was one of those who did really really well on Math and Science, almost as well on English but History was my nemesis. I like it better now but thought it was SO boring in school.

ETA @ddmom0811 - so what is LISS?
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Date...........Run.......Walk
    04/01........00M.......1.0M
    04/02........07M.......0.0M
    04/03........11M.......3.5M
    04/04........00M.......3.5M
    04/05........10M.......1.5M
    04/06........17M.......0.0M
    04/07........00M.......4.8M
    04/08........00M.......2.0M
    04/09........08M.......0.0M
    04/10........08M.......0.0M

---MTD: 16.3 miles walking, 61 miles running, and 0KM resting

Upcoming Races
    Steel Challange 5k - May 2019
    Pittsburgh Marathon - May 2019
    Glacier Ridge 50k Trail Race - May 2019

202? - Disney World Dopey! (if can raise funds)

2019 GOAL: Knock a full hour off my 50k time at Glacier Ridge.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    zeesparrow wrote: »
    Anyone know how to add another hour or two to our days, without losing sleep?

Quit work 2 hours early :D

Like @Avidkeo My nighttime movie time went away when I started running more. I don't really miss it, though.
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Advice please. My run today was 6.5 miles and my toenails are feeling it. I have a half marathon in a few weeks (yes i know I should be running further by now but hey, I am where I am. It will be slow but I’ll do it). Any advice on how to keep my toenails as I’m quite attached to them.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @samthepanda - I would check 2 things. 1) are your nails too long? and 2) are your shoes too small? The general recommendation is to go up a half size from your normal shoe size because your feet swell when you run. I actually go up a full size in my running shoes because I was continuing to have problems even with a half size bigger. The wider toe box shoes like Altra and Topo Athletics seem to help as well.

This! First trim your toenails, and if the issue continues, new shoes
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    zeesparrow wrote: »
    Anyone know how to add another hour or two to our days, without losing sleep?

Quit work 2 hours early :D

Like @Avidkeo My nighttime movie time went away when I started running more. I don't really miss it, though.

I had been playing this game online and quit finally last year when I was ramping up my mileage. It was pretty addictive and not something that I could find myself just spending less time on... it was either keep letting it eat way too much time or stop entirely.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @samthepanda I use silicone toe protectors on my super long middle toes, and haven’t had issues since. I used to get black toenails on trails when running downhill because my foot would slide forward inside my shoe. I keep my toenails cut to the quick and larger shoes slip on my heels, and a narrow width is too narrow on my forefoot. The toe protector made more sense than trying to find shoes which worked, and they also work in all my different shoes.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Advice please. My run today was 6.5 miles and my toenails are feeling it. I have a half marathon in a few weeks (yes i know I should be running further by now but hey, I am where I am. It will be slow but I’ll do it). Any advice on how to keep my toenails as I’m quite attached to them.

I sometimes have issues with a couple of my toenails biting into neighboring toes - keeping them trimmed helps, as does wearing toe socks like injinji's (although I know some people don't like the feel of them).
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @samthepanda - I would check 2 things. 1) are your nails too long? and 2) are your shoes too small? The general recommendation is to go up a half size from your normal shoe size because your feet swell when you run. I actually go up a full size in my running shoes because I was continuing to have problems even with a half size bigger. The wider toe box shoes like Altra and Topo Athletics seem to help as well.

This is great, but I would also add check your socks.

Also, losing toenails is pretty much a normal thing as distance increases. Not for everyone, but it is fairly normal. :)