April 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    garygse wrote: »
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    We are always in this pocket. We didn’t get anything but drizzle and some wind.
    *study break*
    1marchiohvei.jpeg
    I need a crazy monster cat. Instead I have a yowling cat that likes to wake everyone up in the early hours of the morning, and one that has the intelligence of a marble.

We have one with the intellect of a rubber bouncy ball! We just put him on med, depo provera shot. It’s helped. The crazy monster cat is a week short of 4 months. So he gets a pass for being a monster kitten. He also has a great personality and looks like a slinky little grey bat.

Our vet recommended calming snacks for the dum dum bouncy ADD cat. So far he won’t eat them. Might put something like that out for your wee hour howler (we also have wall plug in pheromones). Mine wanna hunt about 4am and occasionally bring a toy in with that “I got something for you” yowl.

Way too much cat info there... hehe. 🙀
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Eh no need to worry about me. I got a cool rod in my leg. I must be the company of like 0.02% of the population. I’m sure it even has its own unique serial number for easy identification, (ooo mental note- ask doc for it!) -if they find me in the woods or at the bottom of a lake. Great CSI twist. And if/when I get cremated, someone’s gonna have to retrieve that. Surely that’ll be coolness in someone’s day.

That means you now have a Serial Number, not just a Social Security/Tax Number.
    You should see if you can get a small copy of your x-ray/cat scan that way when you go through airport security and all the alarms go off you can show them why.

@Avidkeo Like your comment about running life bleeding into work around shoe choices.
    @girlinahat Great looking Trails
    @garygse From the Radar images - That's a beast of a storm
    @polskagirl01 Sorry that the Teachers labour dispute is affecting life and running - especially since you are in a training cycle.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    Still not running, but today I managed to find Meb and thank him for pacing at the Shamrock Half 4 weeks ago. This time, my sister was along to take a picture.

Wearing an air cast and an old Boston Celebration jacket gets a lot of sympathy in Boston this weekend.
    u4asxgog4wx9.jpg

Awesome🙂
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    The one semi-local group that I am involved with made the Canadian Trail Running list

Triple Terrain Trail Trekkers Group from Grande Prairie. Half of them are in Jasper this weekend for the Jasper HM.
    I believe @JessicaMcB might know the Edson and Hinton groups.
    Ironically the lead picture for the Lethbridge Trail Runners reminded me of a local area along the Smoky and Watino River junction. I have also joined up with the Edmonton Group on occasion when I am down for work/vacation.
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    Thanks @girlinahat! It's always nice to hear from someone who has taught over there and had a good experience. My son would say he doesn't speak Japanese, but he does know some. He knows a lot of phrases and I think he knows some katakana and some kanji. I have been "learning" Japanese on Duolingo, and it is extremely hard! He was supposed to be in Ninohe, Iwate, but his visa took a long time and they ended up putting someone else there and now he is going to be in Sapporo, Hokkaido. He is looking forward to the cooler weather. He wanted to be up north. He is in the air now. He'll have will have a week of training in Sendai before he goes to Sapporo.

Hokkaido is awesome! It's just a bit of a pain getting anywhere else. :#

@Elise4270 the shoes are mizuno wave shadow. They supposedly take the place of the Wave Sayonara (which translates to wave goodbye, which has nothing to do with the discussion but suddenly struck me as hilarious). Will report back once I've run in them.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    No running today. I managed to drag miss 4 (ahhh she's 5 in a week!!) and miss 2 on a good walk along the beach, managing about 2ks in ah hr haha. I'm now really looking for to a good run tomorrow. The last couple of days off has done me some good. 11 days in a row is impressive for me. I'm 10k behind where I wanted to be at this point, but I'm planning on doing a 15k run either Thursday or Friday (holidays yay!) and hopeful will do 7-8k each other day. So far I'm 60/150k and 2 weeks left to the month.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    @garygse and @elise4270 - the cat comments made me laugh out loud! So funny! Stay safe from the storms!
    @amymoreorless - you too and anyone else in the path of those storms - please stay safe!
    @katharmonic - glad you were able to enjoy some nice So California weather! Running in San Diego is so awesome. There seems to be a much larger running community there or maybe it is just more cohesive. Several ladies that I know from the Oiselle Volee group ran the Ragnar.
    @butterchop - congrats on your race with your daughter! Sounds like you both did fantastic!
    @Tramboman - don't give up on that goal yet, there's a heck of a lot of 2019 left to work on it! You may surprise yourself at another race later this year!
    @girlinahat - love where you get to run! So beautiful!
    @mobycarp - love the picture with Men! Soak up as much of that attention as you can. You certainly deserve it!
    @Scott6255 - love those shoes! Brooks has the best designs and I really lust after them but cannot wear them ☹️
    @midwesterner85 - You are doing an amazing job hitting all these races so soon after surgery! Wow!
    @simcon1 - your race sounds like it was fun and you did great! Congratulations!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    @Tramboman Great job! We knew you could do it!

@garygse Just saw on the news where there were several tornadoes in TX. Hope you are safe this morning.

Great job @Butterchop !
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,441 Member
    Options
    @midwesterner85 very impressive job running 2 marathons so close after your surgery! You are much stronger than me.

@simcon1 Congratulations on your AG place! Well done.