April 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    @garygse wrote: »
    @Tramboman wrote: »
    Dang it Gary! I almost had a clean sweep last week! So close.

mhu73o6ttl9u.png

:smiley::lol::smiley::lol::smiley::lol:

...and @AlphaHowls ???

She would slaughter us all mercilessly if she was in that list! :smiley::lol:

All she needs to do is upload her .gpx files to Strava...I have no idea why she doesn't, especially as she'd probably come near the top of the different mileage challenges that Strava does.

I did try strava, but it requires more than I have presently...as in GPS, smart phone, apps and such. I just have a fitbit, but nothing else to get GPS with. I tried to pair my fitbit with it, but without all the high powered tech stuff...it ain't happenin'!

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    hugs @MobyCarp hows the foot feeling?
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Well @Avidkeo here I the states the second you tell your boss (or they hear rumor) your looking elsewhere, that’s your last day. They don’t want you if your looking. A lack of commitment, and your gone.

So least there’s that. And you probably made the best decision, and will hopefully be moving on soon. It may have been no surprise that you could do better than where you are.
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Well @Avidkeo here I the states the second you tell your boss (or they hear rumor) your looking elsewhere, that’s your last day. They don’t want you if your looking. A lack of commitment, and your gone.

So least there’s that. And you probably made the best decision, and will hopefully be moving on soon. It may have been no surprise that you could do better than where you are.

Gosh sorry I forget about that sort of thing. They cant do that here, just fire you on a whim. You have to have to go through a whole process, verbal warnings, then written warnings etc. So even now they have notice I'm moving on they cant do jack if I decide to stay. And as I said, its a real struggle to get radiographers here.

I think I was just so surprised because its such a close tight knit place, so my bosses very business like reaction was out of the ordinary. this is the place that when I injured my shoulder and couldn't do my job, got an assistant to help me - do all the heavy lifting etc while I did the "radiography" side of things - so they have always looked after me in the past. And they genuinely cared about me.

Yeah I'm pretty arrogant aren't I - used to being pampered.
  • simcon1
    simcon1 Posts: 209 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    I think I was just so surprised because its such a close tight knit place, so my bosses very business like reaction was out of the ordinary. this is the place that when I injured my shoulder and couldn't do my job, got an assistant to help me - do all the heavy lifting etc while I did the "radiography" side of things - so they have always looked after me in the past. And they genuinely cared about me.

Yeah I'm pretty arrogant aren't I - used to being pampered.

I think these things are always awkward in one way or another—and have heard thought processes around people leaving that are entirely different than mine. Frankly even as a very straightforward person, I have always told people I/we would miss them when they gave notice, even when I’d effectively managed them out and was thrilled to see them go. It’s just the thing to say..and I’m really a very sincere person.

But I’ve seen others have some weirdly insecure reactions to people leaving, like “oh, we were never good enough for her” kind of thing, which I think prevented them from even just saying what’s basically scripted—because on some level they were taking it personally? Or like they were “less than” because they weren’t leaving or considering it? I don’t know—it can bring out weird stuff. Or sometimes there are other complicated things going on that it just becomes a big management puzzle that might supersede an appropriate response in the moment.

I would try not to let it affect your ego! It’s great that they have made you feel valued throughout—I hope you can hold on to that, no matter what happens with the interview and leaving.

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo - I agree with @ContraryMaryMary. I am sure he was caught off guard and didn't want to show an emotional response of any kind. When I told my boss I was retiring her response was 'oh that's great!'. I was sure she would ask me to consider staying as I was one of only 2 women technical sales people. I had lots of the sales people that I supported ask me to reconsider but not my boss. She was supportive of my decision and that was that.
  • hoshaugh73
    hoshaugh73 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    1 - 3
    2 - 6.75
    3 - 2.75
    4 - 1.5
    5 - 3.5
    6 - 7
    7 - 2
    8 - 4.25, doing a lot of rainy runs in Portland Oregon... It's spring!

April Total: 30.75 miles
    April Goal: 80 miles

Bridge to Brews 10k (4/14)
    Rhody Run 12k (5/19)
    Scramble XXIV - 6-Mile Scramble (6/30)
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins have an awesome trip!
  • springtimez
    springtimez Posts: 51 Member
    Options