4/4: 2 miles
    4/5:2 miles
    4/6: 4 miles
    4/7: 4 miles
    4/8: 2 miles
    4/9: 2 miles
    4/10: 3 miles
    total 26 of 50 miles!

Way to go @springtimez ! Knockin’ them miles out!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Non running question

Which phone do you have?

I do samsung religiously. I recently bought an iPad. I like it. So I considered the apple phone. Dh has an apple phone for work, and hates it. What do you like? What do you dislike? And is there a quality difference? (Honestly I’ll prob stick with the Samsung because “what if I hate the apple” and I’m stuck with it).
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 i have a galaxy9
    i have played with apple phones and macs and that world and i hate them. the interface doesn't gel with me.
    i like the galaxies. they are intuitive for me.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 I am also a die-hard Samsung fan. I was devastated when I had to return my potentially-exploding Note 8 a couple years ago, lol. I ended up with the Google Pixel XL in the interim. Now I am back to Samsung, with the Note 9, which I absolutely love. I also really liked the Pixel as well. I'm just not into iPhones, not my cup of tea.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 I have an old 2+ year old Moto Z Play Droid. I really like it, and see no need to upgrade.
    Both my kids have an iPhone. I have played around with it, but I'm not a fan. I find Android interface much more intuitive. Just my opinion.
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Non running question

Which phone do you have?

I do samsung religiously. I recently bought an iPad. I like it. So I considered the apple phone. Dh has an apple phone for work, and hates it. What do you like? What do you dislike? And is there a quality difference? (Honestly I’ll prob stick with the Samsung because “what if I hate the apple” and I’m stuck with it).

I have the iPhone 7+ - it is a great phone and does all that any Andriod phone could do (assuming you are comparing simular level and generation of models). These days there is very little difference in phone FUNCTIONALITY. There have different interfaces and some people like one interface over the other. I have used both, but have gotten used to the "Apple Way" now making Andriod feel a bit clunky to me. The same would be true in reverse if I was used to the "Andriod way"

The biggest advantage of Apple products is privacy, life span, and interoperability.

You only really can take advantage of the interoperability if you are, like me, completely in their ecosystem. So my phone/ipad/laptop are all Apple and I can move seamlessly from one to the other with files, texts, phone calls, whatever.

The big advantage of the Android line is the customizability. They are much easier to tweak to your liking but you give up the interoperability, privacy, and long life span of support of the Apple line.

There are minor differences here and there, but those are the major ones.

In regards to the interoperability I find that I have that with my Samsung too. I just live in the Google ecosystem. So everything syncs among my cell phone, my home laptop, and my work pc. I find it works very smoothly. My phone is a Samsung, work pc is a Dell, and my home laptop is HP but everything connects through google.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,997 Member
    Options
    @lporter229 Good luck! I think it's awesome you're running the Boston Marathon. If I'm home I'll be looking for you.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Non running question

Which phone do you have?

I have the iPhone 7+ - it is a great phone and does all that any Andriod phone could do (assuming you are comparing simular level and generation of models). These days there is very little difference in phone FUNCTIONALITY. There have different interfaces and some people like one interface over the other. I have used both, but have gotten used to the "Apple Way" now making Andriod feel a bit clunky to me. The same would be true in reverse if I was used to the "Andriod way"

The biggest advantage of Apple products is privacy, life span, and interoperability.

You only really can take advantage of the interoperability if you are, like me, completely in their ecosystem. So my phone/ipad/laptop are all Apple and I can move seamlessly from one to the other with files, texts, phone calls, whatever.

The big advantage of the Android line is the customizability. They are much easier to tweak to your liking but you give up the interoperability, privacy, and long life span of support of the Apple line.

In regards to the interoperability I find that I have that with my Samsung too. I just live in the Google ecosystem. So everything syncs among my cell phone, my home laptop, and my work pc. I find it works very smoothly. My phone is a Samsung, work pc is a Dell, and my home laptop is HP but everything connects through google.

@KatieJane83 so you can answer your cell phone on your computer? Send/receive normal text messages (not instant messages) from your computer or non-cell tablet? Copy a URL on your phone and paste it using your computer? Open a webpage on your phone and then decide to read it on your computer and have it pop open there? Etc? Last I looked (been a bit) Andriod was still lagging way behind on that.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I
    Non running question

Which phone do you have?

@KatieJane83 so you can answer your cell phone on your computer? Send/receive normal text messages (not instant messages) from your computer or non-cell tablet? Copy a URL on your phone and paste it using your computer? Open a webpage on your phone and then decide to read it on your computer and have it pop open there? Etc? Last I looked (been a bit) Andriod was still lagging way behind on that.

This isn’t a feature I’d even want. If I’m on my laptop or tablet, I’m doing something away from my phone. I don’t want to be interrupted with the phone. But, I can transfer files easily between them all. I’d never get anything done if my phone and laptop/tablet received texts and calls.

ETA monster kitten I attacked keypad... it’s a cool feature, but I can’t see needing that portability. And ya know, I can’t do any class work on my iPad? It will not work with the blackboard/learn smart system, so all coursework needs to be done on Google or IE. Which still won’t work through apple even if I use chrome or even Mozilla. I’d been against apple for the longest time because they don’t play well with others, but I’m liking the iPad for the most part. There are a few things I don’t care for. Like spelling correction is difficult, I can not select inside a word to correct, i have to delete the entire word, it also gets weird and comes up with not words. But that could be because I don’t know what I’m doing, being an Android. I haven’t heard as many complaints about the devices just crapping out as bad as the others. I like the feel and size of the apples.

@Scott6255 I considered the moto. Gah, remember when they were THE company to go with? Best phone I’ve ever likes was the moto g or 360 or something. Google owned Motorola for a short time and put a phone out. I still have it. But we switched carriers and we had to get new phones. So I considered the pixel. But, I’m afraid to try something I’ll regret. I’m just interested in what bells and whistles others like and use. This far I’m partial to the 9. Its cheaper than the latest 10, phone should work on it, battery life looks to be near double my 7.

@PastorVincent I’m gald you find use for those features and like the apple products. They are really cool. I had been so horribly against them, but do like the iPad. Maybe I’ll just sit on that technology fence and support both.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Non running question

Which phone do you have?

I'm a Samsung fan girl from way back.

My last phone died about 2 months ago. I couldn't afford a Samsung so got a hauawei. Omg I love it more than my old Samsung. So much bang for your buck and it doesn't do all the slightly niggly things my old one did. So happy.

Basically look beyond your comfy zones

ETA what o you like about your current phone? And stick with that. Mine was a great camera and I liked the way it interfaced with aps - folders etc. So I looked for an android (because that's the interface I know) with the best camera for the money I had. That's how I got this one. If you are after screen size, resolution that sort of thing, go for the best you can get with those features.

From what I gather switching between apple and Google is a Pita but of course doable. I never considered apple because they are so expensive for what you get compared with other phones.
  • PastorVincent
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I
    Non running question

Which phone do you have?

This isn’t a feature I’d even want. If I’m on my laptop or tablet, I’m doing something away from my phone. I don’t want to be interrupted with the phone. But, I can transfer files easily between them all. I’d never get anything done if my phone and laptop/tablet received texts and calls.

Transfer files does not require Andriod or Iphone. You can easily do that between the two even, so that is not really a selling feature anymore. :)

I mean really most of this is splitting hairs on preferences. If you prefer Andriod, then get Andriod. I am not going to try and talk you out of it. Maybe if Apple starts paying me to advertise I will change my mind, but until then, I just present the facts best I can and let you make the decision that works for you :)
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    Non running question

Which phone do you have?

I don't think I can answer calls on my laptop but I can definitely send and receive regular text messages. I would have no purpose in answering calls on my laptop so I've never looked into it, lol. But, messages.android.com lets me text. Copy and paste I don't think so, but I can access my history on Chrome across all my devices so I can get to a website that I opened on one device on another. Photos across devices I use Google Photos and documents I use Google Drive. So, I guess it's still not quite there, but it's improving, lol.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Non running question

Which phone do you have?

I don't think I can answer calls on my laptop but I can definitely send and receive regular text messages. I would have no purpose in answering calls on my laptop so I've never looked into it, lol. But, messages.android.com lets me text. Copy and paste I don't think so, but I can access my history on Chrome across all my devices so I can get to a website that I opened on one device on another. Photos across devices I use Google Photos and documents I use Google Drive. So, I guess it's still not quite there, but it's improving, lol.

I only really use the text messages. I disabled the phone sharing, but then again I do not use the phone on my iPhone either. :smiley:
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    It is going to be 68F when I start my run and 73F by the time I get back. How does one run in this weather? I do not remember! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!