April 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @katharmonic - that is so fun that they have preview runs of the race course! It should be lovely in San Diego when you are here. Hopefully you will bring your running gear for a run along the water when you aren't in Old Town drinking all the margaritas and eating all the fresh tortillas!

Oh, for sure @shanaber - I hope to get at least a short run in Thursday, Friday and Saturday morning if I can. Last time I was there I did a long run in Balboa park. That was way hillier than I anticipated! Running along the water sounds like a perfect way to de-stress, along with those margaritas. If you have any specific running route or restaurant suggestions pass them along. I'm staying in the Gaslamp quarter. I hope I can remember the little coffee and smoothie bowl place I went to last time that I loved, but I'm sure there are plenty.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Dang it Gary! I almost had a clean sweep last week! So close.

mhu73o6ttl9u.png

:smiley::lol::smiley::lol::smiley::lol:

...and @AlphaHowls ???
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    I finally broke down and ordered new running shoes today. Turns out the ones I am running in are almost 4 years old! Yikes! I'm getting the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 19's. My current shoes are the 15 version. I hope they are close to the same shoe. From reading posts on here, there are chances that they are drastically different. At least they have a decent return policy if they are. I also bought new tennis from New Balance. There goes my tax refund. :wink:

I have the 19's and I really like them. I know some on here miss the old support system, but the guiderails actually work better for me and I think they are even more comfortable!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic The series sounds like a lot of fun! And I love a good theme! Fresh tortillas are just the best!! You can get them still warm at the grocery store here and I usually have to open it up and get one out to snack on while I finish shopping.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I finally broke down and ordered new running shoes today. Turns out the ones I am running in are almost 4 years old! Yikes! I'm getting the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 19's. My current shoes are the 15 version. I hope they are close to the same shoe. From reading posts on here, there are chances that they are drastically different. At least they have a decent return policy if they are. I also bought new tennis from New Balance. There goes my tax refund. :wink:

I have the 19's and I really like them. I know some on here miss the old support system, but the guiderails actually work better for me and I think they are even more comfortable!

Yep, the 19s don’t work well for me compared to the 18s. But I have a different situation from most people looking for a stability shoe in that there’s really not much wrong with my gait - I don’t overpronate - but I have a bad knee which needs my foot placement to be very stable. I found that the 19s made my foot roll to the outside and put pressure on my knee.

By the way congratulations on a great race! I love the medal, and the alligator photo! I keep picturing some runner trying to jump over an alligator.