Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    @PastorVincent I love the tree!

Here is my Japanese weeping cherry blossom
    lsg7f9scqdkj.jpeg
    It did not flower last year, so it seems doubly beautiful to me this year.

Oooo! Prudy!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 I dunno much about trees, but that one does look like it needs to be trimmed to protect the house. Ask an expert though.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    @Elise4270 I dunno much about trees, but that one does look like it needs to be trimmed to protect the house. Ask an expert though.

Thanks. I suppose I could trim it to match the arch of the front window....

ETA the all knowing internet says wait until after thanksgiving.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    @elise4270 - from what I recall for most fruit trees except maybe citrus you want to wait until they go dormant and then trim them, After Thanksgiving sound about right but it could be earlier depending on how cold it gets and when. I am always wanting to trim the citrus trees but they always have blossoms or fruit and never go dormant so who knows...
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @elise4270 - from what I recall for most fruit trees except maybe citrus you want to wait until they go dormant and then trim them, After Thanksgiving sound about right but it could be earlier depending on how cold it gets and when. I am always wanting to trim the citrus trees but they always have blossoms or fruit and never go dormant so who knows...

I think dormant trees here would be... Um... Wow, funny something you've experienced frequently can not be recalled. Maybe mid December. I think Thanksgiving the leaves are just dropping. Maybe.

I have a patio peach, that is inedable. It looks like two trees now. I did find on the internet that it's a "sucker". It a whole nother tree but I may trim it too come time. We lost our fig tree to some beetles that bore in it. Dang it.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    @Avidkeo Just for you, a pic of my friends ankle after meeting some ice while out for a run with a group. They hit the ice - slid off the trail and his shoe hit solid ground and stopped but the rest of his body kept moving.

i81pq9yd6al3.jpg

Oh no! Surgery?? The medial ligaments have been ruptured with that shift but it might be borderline.

@elise4270 it's a beautiful pic! I'm guessing they are on a fairly state of the art DR system with those particular exposure factor.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,979 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    @Elise4270 The captions on your photo made me laugh! Thanks. I don't know about trimming trees either, but agree with the almighty internet that waiting until they are dormant is probably the best idea.

@Avidkeo and @Elise4270 I love how you are both so excited about x-rays and "shop talk" about the equipment they were taken on, etc. Loving what you do for a living makes life so much easier.

@Avidkeo Looks like you have a lovely place to go for a run.