Starting for the 88th time.

Options

Replies

• last_time
    last_time Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I’m in the same boat. 40 lbs to lose. Count me in!
  • lac1203
    lac1203 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, wanting to join this group, starting up here and determined to TRACK all my food!!
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Welcome to new ladies. Starting over is great and an important step
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    My daily goal is good choices, no regrets. I often go to bed early to stay away from the kitchen and liquor cabinet. And then in the morning I literally jump out of bed so I can see what the scale says! It's been slow moving but ... I'm still a work in progress.

Happy Friday everybody B) Wishing you all the best
  • _Cece_x
    _Cece_x Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I feel like I’m back here for the 100th time!! I have found people are much more supportive and encouraging this time round!! You’ll smash this. 🙌🙌
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Hi, can I join this group too? Is there a "group" for this message board, or is the "starting for the 88th time" discussion thread the "group" (<<yes, I am still that NEW to MFP). Please forgive me and go easy on me. :smile:

In 2016 I lost 51 pounds, and I was ONE pound away from my ideal healthy goal weight. I recently stopped smoking and lost credits for a work-related credential I was trying to earn. Needless to say, I stopped tracking and give up my new healthy ways and went back to the "old ways" and regained it ALL.

This May will be my 2 year anniversary of not smoking (yay!!). So I am ready to do this again and start over to get to my healthy goal weight. I love this quote: "you may have to fight a battle more than once to win it" and that is how I look at learning to have a healthy lifestyle : )

I would love to be a part of this group and to help encourage others as we work towards reaching our goals.

Also, I would love to have MFP friends as well, so please friend me. : )
  • Longing4Maui
    Longing4Maui Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter everyone (tomorrow), but not sure I’ll have time to post so doing a day early. Wishing you all a great week staying on track and logging everything. It sure gets hard, but that daily commitment is what keeps you going (sometimes hourly committment). I’ve struggled a bit these past few weeks, and the scale is not budging very much at all-that gets dissappointing after seeing 1-2 lb loss a week, and now barely anything. I revisited my food journals and see I am adding in more snacks and less vegetables-so that is most likely the culprit. I’m not a big salad eater, nor veggies, and love the sweets and carbs. This past week I did have a lunch salad for five days in a row. Already know tomorrow will be a rough day, have a breakfast at church, then dinner at daughters. But I am cutting back a few hundred calories today to help out; and plan to do that Monday and possibly Tuesday too. Hoping for Wednesday weight check to show some progress. Anyway, sorry about the rambling, how are you all doing?
  • mmereth
    mmereth Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It’s probably my 188th time starting over. I’ve never been what anyone would call “thin” but I was always pretty active and in good shape even though I was size 12/14 instead of a 6. Then there was a baby. Followed by a divorce, and a crazy busy 13 years where there was no such thing as free time or time to think about meal planning and calories and what’s good. It was what is fast cuz the kid and I are starving NOW and there’s still a million things left to do in the day.

Now the kids a teenager who can drive himself around and I’m hoping life calms down a bit to where I can be a little part of my focus for a change and hopefully she’s a hundred pounds along the way.

Happy Easter!!
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    What great support here!
  • midnightminotaur
    midnightminotaur Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. let's get it :)
  • budgetdieter
    budgetdieter Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Boom, I'm here for the 88th time also. 8 stone or so to lose.
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    We can all meet our goals!
  • Shannkat
    Shannkat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m late to the party - me too! I’ve created a monster - me! I’ve got to get back on the bandwagon! I’d like to join!
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Starting over again as well. This is my 4th week at it and have lost only 8lbs so far. Would love to make more friends here to help keep me accountable. Feel free to add me!
  • Blue_eyed_girl82
    Blue_eyed_girl82 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Ive been here a few times but this time is for good. I have lost a few pounds this time. I am in beast mode this time. Nothing can stop me. I have great exercise ideas that doesn't include the gym bc I am not into being in crowds. Feel free to add me.
  • mmereth
    mmereth Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have to say, Easter weekend went better than I thought it would. No binging on sweets or entire bags of chips in one sitting. Thank goodness for good weather and yard work!! 😁
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    nr2srwxguowl.jpg

Happy Monday 88-ers! Hope everyone had a great Easter. I woke this morning very EXCITED to go to Pilates class. Have taken it up a notch to INTERMEDIATE level recently. Class with this instructor was TOUGH. Twice i stopped and said I can't do this. Duh, of course i can't if i dont try i immediately thought to myself. And so I did it! Not perfectly, not the number of reps she wanted me to do, but both exercises I was able to do BECAUSE I TRIED!!! It's a starting point and I'll bet next class I'll do it a bit better.

Let's have a kick-*ss week of making & meeting goals everybody! Find your starting point and make it happen!! B)