NO MORE CALORIE COUNTING

Replies

• kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Good luck! Not saying that with any sarcasm or hate or malice.

Some people can do that...but for me, that's pretty much what got me obese in the first place. I was eating healthy food, just too much of it.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Panini911 wrote: »
    Best of luck in finding what works best for you.

unfortunately for me, eating "healthy" without calorie counting is why i was obese most of my life. even after loosing 100lbs twice. I'm a victim of my own portion creep. even in maintenance this time around i should do check ins with the scale and diary every few weeks even if i don't do so daily.
    Eating wholesome food when I was hungry led to a 70 pound weight gain over the years. Counting calories allowed me to lose that weight and maintain the loss. Wishing you a better outcome with your eating plan.

Why does this lead so many people to weight gain? We weren't counting calories a couple hundred years ago or even a hundred years ago... Seems unnatural to be measuring and counting, we should eat when we are hungry >,<

a couple of hundred years ago our access to food and what foods as well as our actiivty level was VASTLY different. you can't really compare the two.

Easy, don't eat the processed food

Well, as posters explained some of them ate next to no so called processed food and were still over weight.

Conversely I eat plenty of processed food - in about same proportion of my overall diet as when I was overweight, just smaller portions of everything. and some things less often and some things gone altogether - but gone altogether are things like regular soda replaced by diet version - not a less processed alternative.

Eat less calories than you burn - that is sole and only way to weight loss.

Do that by whatever way of eating suits you. (and is hopefully reasonably nutrionally balanced but that is a separate issue)

+1 This is exactly how I lost 50 lbs that I've kept off for over a year.
  • Satisfiedwithbetter
    Satisfiedwithbetter Posts: 970 Member
    IMHO, with regard to health, it’s really not about counting calories. It’s about the quality of life first, the quality food second and the quantity of food third. Counting calories can help us understand what our bodies actually need but really says nothing about how healthy you are. The same goes for eating wholesome foods. It nice to know we are eating good wholesome foods, but without a feeling of what our bodies actually needed we could easily overeat.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited April 2019
    Yep, that's right! I'm done counting calories and tracking everything I eat! I'm eating wholesome foods and eating when I am hungry. Doing what feels natural! Anyone else here with me on this?

I don’t count calories. Micromanaging every little thing isn’t a good time for me!

What made you want to stop??
    @sweetangelkitten
  • Keva81
    Keva81 Posts: 18 Member
    You should check out phit n phat. I believe her name is Corrine; She also has a podcast.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    It doesn't work for me. I have a very low blood pressure for most of the day, and just moving around feels more difficult and causes hunger and fatigue. But I don't actually need those calories. If I ate what my body told me I'd be overweight.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Public exhortation as to avoiding "processed" foods is mostly about virtue signaling. I ignore these statements in the same way as I ignore explanations of "Who is God" and "There is no God" - politely.

Actually, there are some studies, scant as they are, that point to a low reward diet/less energy dense/ less hyper processed, leads to a lowering of bf settling points. Combine that with a high activity level and someone might not have to be as crazy about tracking. Maybe... who knows.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Not me. I gained a lot of weight eating wholesome foods and eating when I was hungry.

There are others who are basically doing what you are doing so you are not alone.

Whatever your goals are I wish you the best of luck.

Thank you! I can't seem to find anyone on here who isn't counting calories sadly...

Because it's a calorie counting site perhaps......

Lots of people use it for calorie counting - when I downloaded it - it highlighted it as a tracking app for whatever you would like to track.
    I track workouts and measurements currently. I don’t do as much calorie counting anymore.