What book are you reading?

Replies

• askeeney
    askeeney Posts: 448 Member
    SON a psychopath and his victims. Graphic, but my favorite parts are the in-depth character study of his two love interests.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    No Angel by jay dobyns

I'm almost done it
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Your Weakness When It Comes to the Opposite Gender: How to Recognize It, and What to Do When You Are Eventually Murdered By It
  • askeeney
    askeeney Posts: 448 Member
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    Your Weakness When It Comes to the Opposite Gender: How to Recognize It, and What to Do When You Are Eventually Murdered By It

This sounds right up my ally. Definitely will check out
  • Tima1819
    Tima1819 Posts: 2 Member
    I am currently reading Orlando by Virginia Woolf
  • doingthisforme16
    doingthisforme16 Posts: 36 Member
    The Inimitable Jeeves by P. G. Wodehouse. First published in 1923, but as zany and as funny now as it was back then. Nobody crafts words quite like Wodehouse.

vvsxqc7k9miz.png
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Just finished Daniel Silva's "House of Spies" which I borrowed from my dad when we visited. About to start "The Three-Body Problem"...a Hugo Award winner by Cixin Liu.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Damage Control by J.A. Jance
  • doingthisforme16
    doingthisforme16 Posts: 36 Member
    Catching up on some Doc Savage
    n0jfng8j7b4u.jpg
  • HeadInThaClouds
    HeadInThaClouds Posts: 22 Member
    I love to read! I also work in a public library so ya know, I think books are the best.😁 Reading these two right now...

Extinction Evolution (Extinction Cycle) (Volume 4)
    by Nicholas Sansbury Smith. * This is an excellent series*

And

Heartland: A Memoir of Working Hard and Being Broke in the Richest Country on Earth
    by Sarah Smarsh *This one's been a decent read as well*

I would have posted images but my tab says no...
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I just finished this one on vacation and it was pretty eerie but good overall.

g7ff8ite3ora.jpg
    Makes you think deeply about poverty, family, and human trafficking.
  • quietmousie
    quietmousie Posts: 10 Member
    There are a few: The Radium Girls, The Bully Pulpit, Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle, American Monk, Beauty's Kingdom.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    There are a few: The Radium Girls, The Bully Pulpit, Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle, American Monk, Beauty's Kingdom.

The Radium Girls was so freaky and sad!
  • AutumLeaf
    AutumLeaf Posts: 126 Member
    I love to read! I also work in a public library so ya know, I think books are the best.😁 Reading these two right now...

Extinction Evolution (Extinction Cycle) (Volume 4)
    by Nicholas Sansbury Smith. * This is an excellent series*

And

Heartland: A Memoir of Working Hard and Being Broke in the Richest Country on Earth
    by Sarah Smarsh *This one's been a decent read as well*

I would have posted images but my tab says no...

Hello fellow library worker 😊.
    Do you also keep ordering yourself more books than you can actually read?

I'm currently reading - The sun does shine: how I found life & freedom on death row by Anthony Ray Hinton with Lara Love Hardin.
  • AutumLeaf
    AutumLeaf Posts: 126 Member
    I've started 3 books and couldn't get through any of them. Nothing is keeping my interest long enough. All 3 are different authors and different genres.

So how does everyone get over a reading slump?

I try reading something short that's in a genre or topic that I don't normally gravitate toward. I've found lots of new authors and interests that way. I also listen to audiobooks or teach myself something new.

I do the same. Usually I'll turn to non-fiction, graphic memoirs or biographies when I'm in a fiction slump. If I'm just burnt out in general that is when I actually *buy* a book instead of hitting the library...I can almost always locate something from a favorite author or something that just sounds amazing and is worth a bit of cash to get my reading mojo back!

I've recently turned to non fic/memoirs after a long slump. I tried genres I don't normally read to get out of it. I wasn't sure whether I just kept picking up books that I just couldn't get into or it was my mental state. Just felt like every book had become predictable,didn't feel like there was anything new.

I've found since getting books from the library instead of buying books less pressure because if I buy , I'll force myself to finish it even if I hate it & takes me months & months. But if I'm just borrowing books I don't lose money if I don't finish it.
  • kds10
    kds10 Posts: 450 Member
    48 laws of power

I am going to read this...I heard it was controversial.
  • teenytidyhome
    teenytidyhome Posts: 8 Member
    Currently finishing The Library Book by Susan Orlean. Then onto Into The Lake Of The Woods by Tim O'Brien. 😊
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    My mom suckered me by into starting James Patterson's The President is Missing. Not a fan so far...
  • rgf95
    rgf95 Posts: 2,372 Member
    Complete Works of Strabo - Geography. only have 2,789pages left.
  • DebbieWillDoThis
    DebbieWillDoThis Posts: 4 Member
    A Jane Austen collection. Again. 😊