Less Alcohol - April 2019 - One Day at a Time

191011121315»

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,551 Member
    I am going to continue with my goal of 4AF days per week.
    Weight loss is my main motivator.

April 1 - AF
    April 2 - AF
    April 3 - AF
    April 4 - 3 drinks
    April 5 - AF - super glad to have this forum to check in to for accountability, it really does stop me some days when I have had crazy days at work and really feel like having drinks.
    April 06 - 3 drinks, and up 1.6 pounds in one day from it. All the more reason for AF days : - )
    April 07 - AF - planning AF for the next 3 days at least
    April 08 - AF
    April 09 - AF
    April 10 - AF
    April 11 - AF - planned night out for the 12th, jam session at a bar. I have sang without drinking before, but prefer to loosen up with a couple first...we'll see. I love being less bloated, especially in the face.
    April 12 - 4 drinks - Didn't even go out to the jam in the neighbouring town. I had such a long busy workday and 9pm just seemed too late for me to start to gussie up and drive there. I probably wouldn't have had any drinks had I gone, because I was driving. I was just too tired lol. It actually was nice to relax, have a few drinks, watch hockey.
    April 13 - AF
    April 14 - 3 drinks - Sunday - going to make at least the next 3 days AF
    April 15 - AF
    April 16 - AF - home sick from work. A brandy or a glass of red wine might have been soothing, but I didn't.
    April 17 - AF - after months of being on this thread I feel like it is finally becoming my new normal. As much as I have done many AF days each month, not a day went by that I didn't feel like having drinks - I just didn't. I truly feel like I am not craving it as much now.
    April 18 - AF - Still not logging until the following day so far : - )
    April 19 - 2 drinks hours ago. Actually logged on the current day for a change.
    April 20 - AF - Still battling this terrible flu/cold thing and wine would have eased the coughing...but so will Neo Citran or something before bed. Alcohol probably doesn't help much with healing anyway.
    April 21 - AF - It is nice to wake up without a bloated stomach and face.
    April 22 - AF
    April 23 - AF
    April 24 - AF
    April 25 - 2 drinks. When I first got started at drinking less, when the days came that I would have drinks I think that I was feeling deprived and drank more than usual. I don't feel that way anymore. 3 would be normal for me, but tonight (a few hours ago) I had 2 and was good with that. Progress.
    April 26 - 3 drinks - broke the never drink 2 days in a row : - ( I know that I could so easily go back to drinks every day.
    April 27 - 3 drinks. That was too easy. Of course my food discipline goes out the window too when I have drinks. I was on a pretty good roll this month before this. I will need to get a handle on it.
    April 28 - AF
    April 29 - AF
    April 30 - AF - I feel like having drinks, but am not going to. See y'all on the May thread.

Monthly total: 21AF days out of 30 days.
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    @dawnbgethealthy Your Monthly total is FANTASTIC!!!!