Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    cory17 wrote: »
    wow newlifestyle - you are incredible!!

As I ALWAYS say, when someone says something kind or not to/about me...it takes one to know one!
    YOU are incredible and how kind and lovely of you to reply--you're the BEST Cory, period.
    {{{{{ HUGS }}}}} o:)<3o:)
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    NewLifestyle4me you are always so inspiring! Well done!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    snoo61 wrote: »
    NewLifestyle4me you are always so inspiring! Well done!

As are you darling Snoo! It TRULY takes one to know one, period. <3<3o:)<3<3
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Hey gang~

Got my SWEAT seriously on and decluttering at the same time. How? "Weeding". Seeking (didn't really have to "seek" to hard, cause those unsightly rascals were everywhere--YUCK) and destroying weeds around the house/garden and I had to take a break, because weeding is some serious NEAT exercise, period. Now I could have used a weed "whacker" or used chemicals or worse, have my sons do it, but I said to myself...DO IT YOURSELF and DO IT OLD SCHOOL...pull those ugly bad boys up by hand! Talk about a sweatfest--Wow and Ugh and YAY!

As I was weeding, I was also doing some major thinking about a lot of good stuff--life, weight, self-control and just a lot of positive good stuff. When I came in I looked up the definition of weeds and this is what I found--here's an excerpt :
    No matter what definition is used, weeds are plants whose undesirable qualities outweigh their good points...

Decluttering, simplifying our lives, ridding/letting go of toxic relationships, MAKING yourself think positive, purposely looking at the "other side of the coin" in a all situations, keeping up your physical appearance and health, weight-loss, overdoing it in "snacking--*especially night-time or down-time snacking*--I'm talking snacking excessively and OVER-INDULGING IN SNACKING" y'all KNOW what I mean) and not being "watchful" about how much we're eating/drinking and NEAT exercising...IF (not when but IF) we choose to PURPOSELY (or even unconsciously) ignore these major life issues--BAM, we'll have/be unsightly overweight/obesity issue(s) and seemingly uncontrollable clutter and "messy" homes, lives and relationships and more.

All that to say, old school weeding, takes work--sometimes A LOT of work, but even more than that--it takes conscientiousness observation, DETERMINATION and courage to throw down the gauntlet with yourself and just DO IT, right and righteously, destroying EVERY excuse, justification and WHATEVER your seeming "good reason" not to or ignoring it or worse, pretending it's not what it is--A MESS, making yourself DOT IT, period. Much like decluttering, the rewards are almost immediate after the work is done...you'll not only have a lovelier home and garden, but like everything else--you'll enter into maintenance and hopefully NEVER allow the "weeds" in our lives to over-take the beauty and health of your surroundings (inside your heart and mind and outside life in general).

Here's my "friend" that helped/is helping me:
    Just thinking outloud and letting you all listen. {{{{{ Hugs }}}} o:)<3o:)

It's SUPER that time of year! Bumping for myself and for whosoever will! <3o:)<3
  • snoo61
    Hey gang~

Got my SWEAT seriously on and decluttering at the same time. How? "Weeding". Seeking (didn't really have to "seek" to hard, cause those unsightly rascals were everywhere--YUCK) and destroying weeds around the house/garden and I had to take a break, because weeding is some serious NEAT exercise, period. Now I could have used a weed "whacker" or used chemicals or worse, have my sons do it, but I said to myself...DO IT YOURSELF and DO IT OLD SCHOOL...pull those ugly bad boys up by hand! Talk about a sweatfest--Wow and Ugh and YAY!

As I was weeding, I was also doing some major thinking about a lot of good stuff--life, weight, self-control and just a lot of positive good stuff. When I came in I looked up the definition of weeds and this is what I found--here's an excerpt :
    No matter what definition is used, weeds are plants whose undesirable qualities outweigh their good points...

Decluttering, simplifying our lives, ridding/letting go of toxic relationships, MAKING yourself think positive, purposely looking at the "other side of the coin" in a all situations, keeping up your physical appearance and health, weight-loss, overdoing it in "snacking--*especially night-time or down-time snacking*--I'm talking snacking excessively and OVER-INDULGING IN SNACKING" y'all KNOW what I mean) and not being "watchful" about how much we're eating/drinking and NEAT exercising...IF (not when but IF) we choose to PURPOSELY (or even unconsciously) ignore these major life issues--BAM, we'll have/be unsightly overweight/obesity issue(s) and seemingly uncontrollable clutter and "messy" homes, lives and relationships and more.

All that to say, old school weeding, takes work--sometimes A LOT of work, but even more than that--it takes conscientiousness observation, DETERMINATION and courage to throw down the gauntlet with yourself and just DO IT, right and righteously, destroying EVERY excuse, justification and WHATEVER your seeming "good reason" not to or ignoring it or worse, pretending it's not what it is--A MESS, making yourself DOT IT, period. Much like decluttering, the rewards are almost immediate after the work is done...you'll not only have a lovelier home and garden, but like everything else--you'll enter into maintenance and hopefully NEVER allow the "weeds" in our lives to over-take the beauty and health of your surroundings (inside your heart and mind and outside life in general).

It's SUPER that time of year! Bumping for myself and for whosoever will! <3o:)<3

I have a similar "friend". I love it!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Hey gang~

I gave my "friend" a name..."Wheely-Bob"!
  • snoo61
    Hey gang~

Love it! I'm naming mine "Wheel Barry" !
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited May 2019
    Remoth wrote: »
    A couple years ago, we kicked my older brother out of the house. Told him he wasnt welcome here. He had been stealing from us for months. Taking my mum's debit card and withdrawing the max in the middle of the night. Then stealing farm gas. Totalled over $15,000. Tried to deny it, but caught him in the middle of the night taking gas and had the bank ready to give us camera footage of him withdrawing cash.

I know it's not recent, but after having him out of my life for the most part, things are substantially better. Hes not the kind of person youd want around. Psychopathic tendencies and just has no filter to keep him from saying things he shouldnt. I would have pressed charges, but mum wouldnt have it, so in sure he didnt learn a thing. Not worth keeping toxic people around!

I simply can NOT thank you enough for posting here! We've been taught/trained/programmed from birth until death that if someone is your (fill in the blank for family member or life-long "frienememy" or whatever relationship) that we must ALWAYS "go along to get along" and/or continue to put up with/allow with said persons/places or things that (fill in the blank) and are not only counter productive, but destructive and BAD for/to us, because they are our (fill in the blank) AND WE OWE them because of their position in our family or life--it's a LIE, period. It takes courage, fearlessness and TRUE WISDOM and adopting the LIFESTYLE of no longer bowing down to what society dictates to us what/how we should live and what we're "supposed" to allow because of (fill in the blank). Adopting this new way of living and handling toxic people, places and things WITHOUT AN OUNCE of bitterness, anger, wrath, sadness nor any such self-deception/or woe...handling LETTING IT GO AND DON'T LOOK BACK with sheer unadulterated JOY of lessons learn/learning and because all that bitterness/anger/guilt, etc is UNNECESSARY, PERIOD. Simply doing what you MUST, no matter how "hard" very much like our weight blastification and decluttering lifestyle. This is major. NO BITTERNESS nor ANGER or SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS, EXCUSES JUSTIFICATIONS allowed, period. Simply doing what you have to, because you're powerful and you can, period.

That you've CHOSE to LET IT GO AND DON'T LOOK BACK at/with the toxic relationship, it's not only admirable...it's relatively rare, again because of the programming we've all been subjected to all of our lives. Also, this LETTING GO AND DON'T LOOK BACK way of dealing with this and all other type of YUCK (toxic/wicked-evil/crazy making MESS or the wrongheaded/self-deception of "we've/everybody has ALWAYS done it this way) will/can possibly truly HELP this person too,(at the very least will HELP you and your family bigtime) will help this person far more than enabling (and/or putting up with) their mess/yuck/ugh/choices. YAY YOU and thanks once more for posting--you BRAVE and WISE person you. o:)<3o:)

Hey gang~

Love it! I'm naming mine "Wheel Barry" !

"Wheel Barry" I LOVE it too, so much--we're so, ummmmmm...FUNNY/STRANGE/COOL :p

• cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,341 Member
    A couple years ago, we kicked my older brother out of the house. Told him he wasnt welcome here. He had been stealing from us for months. Taking my mum's debit card and withdrawing the max in the middle of the night. Then stealing farm gas. Totalled over $15,000. Tried to deny it, but caught him in the middle of the night taking gas and had the bank ready to give us camera footage of him withdrawing cash.

I know it's not recent, but after having him out of my life for the most part, things are substantially better. Hes not the kind of person youd want around. Psychopathic tendencies and just has no filter to keep him from saying things he shouldnt. I would have pressed charges, but mum wouldnt have it, so in sure he didnt learn a thing. Not worth keeping toxic people around!

Good job for setting healthy boundaries. That's treating yourself w/respect, essentially.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    cory17 wrote: »

Good job for setting healthy boundaries. That's treating yourself w/respect, essentially.

Absolutely Cory...I LOVE that "business" of "healthy boundaries" AND treating yourself with respect essentially--really powerful that is!

• Remoth
    Remoth Posts: 117 Member

It's an awful thing to say, but well done. Toxic people can be so draining and demoralising. I "shed" my two sisters many years ago (my youngest son is now 14, so I got rid of one when he was born and the other followed shortly after). Best thing I ever did, my life is so much simpler and more pleasant now.

Interestingly enough, one sister has never tried to get back into my life but the other one has, on numerous occasions, even getting my mum and brother involved. That has involved a few strong words to both mum and my brother and I think that they've got the message that I really don't want anything to do with them. Especially after I pointed out to my mum that my sisters made my life hell, especially when I was a child. My mum hasn't mentioned a reconciliation since, nor does she talk about my sisters to me.

Yes, my children have "lost" two aunts and four cousins by default but they've not ever known them, so no big loss.

The only other issue with this is how to handle the situation when my parents depart this mortal life but as I don't like funerals (the last two I've been to portrayed the deceased as someone I did not recognise) I've told both of my parents that I will not get involved with their funerals or the aftermath and I want nothing from them in their wills. That way I do not have to come into contact with the toxins my "sisters" emit.

Well, the way I see it, there needs to be something that you get out of dealing with them. Even it's as simple as enjoying their company when they are around. If there is no positive to knowing someone and all they do is drag you down, then what is the point of dealing with them?
  • snoo61
    I too, have "decluttered" family from my life. Sometimes its the only way you can continue to be you. Sometimes I regret the choice was forced on me, but I have never regretted the choice. God bless us.
  • snoo61
    Happy Mother's Day everyone!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited May 2019
    Happy Mother's Day everyone!

Happy Mother's Day Snoo...{{{{ <3 HUGS <3 }}}}

To every mother everywhere that observes this holiday, Happy Mommy's Day to you all and many more.

That said...

I/we don't "do" holidays around here, just for the "rebel" in me I reckon, and for the non-comformist/I ain't following the crowd type of person I am--I/we refuse to observe holidays (at the very least, on the days that everyone else does anyway--EVERYDAY is a "holiday" at/in our house/family)--just because every month there is something else to get you to spend money (basically materialism disguised as some "holiday") and get MORE STUFF and/or celebrate (or be celebrated) something and be with loved ones when "they" say you should--Nah, I'll pass!.I've always taught/trained our children that EVERYDAY is mother's day around here-gifts, flowers, going out to dinner, special treatment and.or love and affection/gratitude/appreciation/HONOR-respect EVERYDAY (or at the very least, ON THE REGULAR) not one day a year, period.

In our home, Everyday is Father's day, everyday is easter, everyday is thanksgivings, everyday is a birthday yada yada yada ;) Yesterday, my two sons left two fabulous bags of Lush bath products on my bed and when I saw them-I said YOU GUYS, whatcha doing here? They said--"momma, we know we don't do holidays/mother's day, but we wanted to give you a just because we love you and want to show you how much we love you surprise" and we also gave daddy something special too, because we really love and appreciate you as our parents.

I LOVE THAT THEY GAVE ME THIS WONDERFUL STUFF YESTERDAY, instead of today...I JUST LOVE IT!!!!
    o:)<3o:)

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    We have been ‘decluttering’ in a few categories for a couple of years now and it’s great. About 2 years ago I found my relationship of 8 years was just not going well and was very uneven and really really hated my job and my finances were a mess and I was just very unhappy. This was where my weight really started to skyrocket and my health was obviously deteriorating. Flash forward 2 years and my life is completely different. I took a huge risk on a new job, quit the one I hated, moved out from my boyfriends house and relocated 2 states away. I bought my own house. We did eventually patch things up and he sold his house and followed me and we actually ended up getting married. The important thing is the entire dynamic of our relationship is different and it’s no longer a toxic situation.

Another big thing is through this we have really downsized. We went from a big 3 bedroom house with a huge property to maintain to an 800 square foot house with a nice yard. He has a bit of a commute but I’m only 10 minutes from my job. We donated pretty much half of what we owned. Also we are now living in an area that is less populated without the frustration of traffic and the cost of living is significantly less but with our job changes our salaries have actually increased. Our home is simple, easy and affordable to maintain. I’ve also managed to pay off more than half of my non-mortgage related debt and can realistically see all of it gone within the next year and at the same time have tucked away a nice little chunk of change for a rainy day. Because we live in a less expensive area my mortgage also isn’t crippling and with no other debt I’ll be able to pay it off in half the time.

With my relationship and finances in much better shape I no longer have all of that stress and anxiety carrying me around and feel I am able to actually just focus on my next goal which is health and weight loss and getting that back. Bottom line the only person responsible for your health and happiness is you. Are there obstacles, sure, but I know that my biggest obstacle is always myself. I wasn’t happy - so I so I said forget this (more colorfully) got out of my own way and just jumped into major change to find my happiness. Don’t be afraid to jump!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ <3 Sunshinelinzee <3 }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
    Absolutely, positively, WOW!!!!! What a sheer unadulterated thrill it is to read what you've wrote and are experiencing. 100% inspirational and encouraging as all get out. You, my dear, are a first class winner and ALL time champion and YOU so ROCK, period.

Thank you ever so much for posting here. Reading your post is a refreshing breath of SUPER fresh air--YAY YOU!
    <3o:)<3

P.S. BOOOM!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!