Less Alcohol - May 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• beebva4
    beebva4 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    May 1 - one generous size glass of whiskey in celebration of going into contract with selling our house!
    May 2 - 1.5 truly hard waters (150 cals)
    Oh and I took a sip of my husbands
    whiskey

Today's goal: none!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,578 Member
    Options
    New month : - )
    I will do my usual, log on to this forum every day to keep myself accountable.
    April was good, 21AF days out of 30. My goal was 4AF days per week.
    I am really working hard on losing weight, so my plan for May will be 5AF days per week.
    Best of luck to everyone trying to drink less this month.

May 01 - AF
    May 02 - AF - planned night out for dinner, drinks, a concert Friday night the 3rd. I am okay with that, I do it seldom.

Running total: 2AF day out of 2 day so far : - )
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    New month : - )
    I will do my usual, log on to this forum every day to keep myself accountable.
    April was good, 21AF days out of 30. My goal was 4AF days per week.
    I am really working hard on losing weight, so my plan for May will be 5AF days per week.
    Best of luck to everyone trying to drink less this month.

May 01 - AF
    May 02 - AF - planned night out for dinner, drinks, a concert Friday night the 3rd. I am okay with that, I do it seldom.
    May 03 - 1/2 litre of wine + 2 drinks! Off the rails with food too - this happens when we consume alcohol. I had a good time, but it is bad for the waistline.

Running total: 2AF day out of 3 days so far
  • beebva4
    edited May 2019
    Options
    May 1 - one generous size glass of whiskey in celebration of going into contract with selling our house!
    whiskey
    May 3 - AF

Today, not so sure how it'll go. Neighbor is having a get together for the derby, if we go I might have a little. But not my usual crazy shots of stuff.
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Thanks for a great topic -- I'm in!

And I am finding that the 1-2 days after I drink are filled with anxiety. Anyone else have this side effect?
  • beebva4
    Options
    whiskey
    May 3 - AF
    May 4 - 2 drinks. Not too bad for a party and better than I normally would have done. One mint jelup and one truly 100 calorie hard sparkling water.

Today's goal: NADA!
  • annengineer
    annengineer Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    5/3- Friday night was definitely a drinking night for me- had 4 or 5 (didn’t wait for empty on a few refills so probably 4 volume wise) over the evening while watching TV and relaxing, but did not get drunk or wake up hungover Saturday.
    5/4- AF Yesterday even with going to dinner out which is a rarity (both dinner out with a toddler and not drinking at a restaurant). Glad I did too, I squeaked in under my calorie goal even ordering scallops and (grilled) calamari- hibachi sides add up quick! This morning was the first this week I weighed more than the day prior but with all that salt last night it makes sense.

• dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    My plan for May will be 5AF days per week.

May 01 - AF
    May 03 - 1/2 litre of wine + 2 drinks! Off the rails with food too - this happens when we consume alcohol. I had a good time, but it is bad for the waistline.
    May 04 - AF
    May 05 - AF

Running total: 4AF day out of 5 days so far
  • 2kellymike
    2kellymike Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    OK well here I am again. We had visitors over the weekend and we had a derby party. Lots of booze, self included. But it was a fun weekend with our friends who we don't get to see often.

The goal now is AF during the week, starting today. My husband is on board with it. We agree that we both drink too much. He also admitted to me that he knows that it is usually him that falls off the wagon first (true) but I also admitted that I happily leap off right behind him, and that is my fault.

Is anybody here doing this with a partner/spouse, and if you are, how do you handle it if he/she slips? I frequently am the drink maker, if he asks for a drink do I remind him we're not drinking or just nod and pour? Curious how other couples handle this.
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    @2kellymike ask him which he would prefer. Maybe just a wink reminder, something subtle.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    My weekend started off great but I let myself down on Sunday. I accept full responsibility. I managed to stay in Friday, skip the habitual Saturday lunch out with 2 extra large glasses of wine, no longer have feelings of anxiety, but then came Sunday. And it was Cinco de Mayo in my neck of the woods (aka drinking day). So feeling deprived and having the feeling that I earned it for doing good the 2 prior days, I bought a bottle of wine and drank the whole thing during the afternoon. How did I let this happen? Well, I really did focus on having a goal for Fri and Sat, but had none for Sunday. Still working through those feelings of deprivation and reward..I suppose a daily goal/intention is in order. A day with no goal = putting myself at greater risk for poor outcome.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    2kellymike wrote: »
    OK well here I am again. We had visitors over the weekend and we had a derby party. Lots of booze, self included. But it was a fun weekend with our friends who we don't get to see often.

The goal now is AF during the week, starting today. My husband is on board with it. We agree that we both drink too much. He also admitted to me that he knows that it is usually him that falls off the wagon first (true) but I also admitted that I happily leap off right behind him, and that is my fault.

Is anybody here doing this with a partner/spouse, and if you are, how do you handle it if he/she slips? I frequently am the drink maker, if he asks for a drink do I remind him we're not drinking or just nod and pour? Curious how other couples handle this.

I don't have this situation as my husband has his own beer fridge and accesses it anytime he wants (a different problem) and he would get upset if I tried to limit his drinks. But an option could be that you could ask your spouse (at the right time) how he'd prefer you handle this and what he sees as the best solution. You could opt to say what you are willing to do and not do I suppose. Delicate situation!
  • beebva4
    Options
    whiskey
    May 3 - AF
    May 4 - 2 drinks. Not too bad for a party and better than I normally would have done. One mint jelup and one truly 100 calorie hard sparkling water.
    May 5 - 2 lime-a-ritas :( disappointed myself on this one.

Today havent had anything and am heading to bed soon, so when I check in tomorrow it'll be AF!