weird lost a post
    Morning check in
    ✔️ 1. weighed in,
    ✔️2. tracked all
    ✔️ 3. 30 min exercise
    ✔️4. five minutes meditation
    ✔️ 5.Spend at least 2h on long term writing project
    ✔️ 6.produce at least 2 pages per day - debatable
    ✔️ 7. Take care of at least one shorter (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill,
    ✔️ 8. At least 15 min cleaning.
    ✔️ 8. At least 15 min filing.
    ✔️ 9.average 1100 calories net.

• Overall Feeling: okay
    • Tracking :yes
    • Exercise : yes
    • 1100 calories net : yes
    • Long term writing 2hrs: yes
    • Long term writing 2 pages: yes, but need to increase for this next 8 days
    • Short term writing/admin : yes
    • Bright Spots : all checked off

Grateful :
    1. wine pump
    2. teapot
    3. café
    4. newspaper
    5. lentils
    6. blueberries
    7. balsamic vinegar
    8. olive oil
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited May 2019
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) It's finally warm enough for me to wear my lighter weight jacket and not the winter one. I'll take the dogs out after breakfast without their coats.

:) We are registered with a company called MEDCURE. When my friend's husband died, they came to her house and picked up her husband for use in medical research then paid for his cremation and returned his ashes to her. She spread them at a location of her choice.

:) I have no sentimental attachment to visiting the final resting place of my loved ones. I went once to where my maternal grandparents are buried in New York as part of an afternoon adventure with my cousin whose parents are buried in the same location. When my sister died in 1966, my parents bought a four person plot and later my father (in 1988), then my mother (in 1991) were buried beside her. The only time I visited their graves was for the next funeral. We later gave the fourth plot to Jake's son because we planned to be cremated and had moved out of state. I pay homage to my loved ones every time I make use of some lesson I've learned from them.

<3 Barbie from warmer NW WA

Barbie, was your sister very young when she died? I was 12 years old in 1966, and my sister was 15.

Karen in Virginia
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,326 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Lanette: I just put myself to the test and I was able to get up from the floor without using my hands to help. I sat cross-legged and was able to roll up to my knees and then stand up, hands free. I usually do the hands and knees first, but this discussion motivated me to try. I agree that being born is a 100% predictor of death at some time or another.
    Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Katla - bravo! You are truly agile and your yoga and flexibility are paying off! The AARP article wasn't real specific other than saying going from sitting on the floor to standing w/o using hands. If they were talking about how these young gals go from sit to stand, then mortality is nipping at my heels! B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_0MuVsyHfQ

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
    stats for the day:

1st ride of the year from Puyallup 2 hm

bike ride hm 2 gym- 6.46min, 14.1amph, 140mhr, 1.58mi= 89c
    apple watch- 65c
    TREADMILL jog- 30min, 6.0-6.3sp, 148mhr, 3mi= 352c
    apple watch- 345c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 4.55min, 18.1amph, 139mhr, 1.48mi= 80c
    apple watch- 51c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 14.46min, 12.4amph, 150mhr,3.04mi= 184c
    apple watch- 116c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 4.55min, 150mhr, 9.36min mi.51mi= 69c
    apple watch- 58c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.34min, 9.48min mi, .147mhr, 46mi= 60c
    apple watch- didn't record
    bike ride dome 2 hm-, windy- 53.05min, 11.3amph, 149mhr, 9.96mi= 579c
    apple watch- 428c

total cal 1413
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Happy International No Diet Day!

"International No Diet Day is dedicated to body acceptance and focuses on body shape diversity and fat acceptance. Mary Evans Young had dealt with anorexia nervosa and had been bullied for being fat at a young age. In adulthood, she began working to help others accept their bodies. ... The day has various goals regarding health and weight. It promotes a healthy lifestyle and highlights that someone can be healthy regardless of their size. It raises the question, 'Is there such thing as a 'right' body shape?' It brings forward dangers about dieting... Awareness is raised about weight discrimination and there is a focus on eradicating it. The day honors those who have struggled with eating disorders or who have gone through weight-loss surgery. Finally, it is a day to be free of diets and to not worry about body weight." It's been a long struggle and while I can't say I don't think about food more often than I'd like, I do think I've reached the point where I am not on a "diet" and that makes me feel much more optimistic about being able to reach my goals.

Ginny - Congratulations on getting all that yard work done! Maybe you'll inspire me to do the same... I also have a hard time with heat, and we've reached the time of year when I can't step outside my door without dousing myself with DEET so I've been avoiding it. But it's just going to get hotter out there so I'm not doing myself any favors by putting it off!

Barbie - I admire your discipline. I've been trying to establish a meditation habit but I'm SO distractable. I tried setting a timer but then when it's time to sit down and meditate I find something else to do more often than not.

Today I got back on the ski machine for the first time since I sprained my ankle. I only went for half an hour, but since we're hoping to be able to go skiing next February it was good to get back into the rhythm. By the end of the summer I'll need to start adding some incline to get as ready as I can before I have to do the real thing at altitude!

We have a busy few weeks coming up. This week my nephew is (finally!) graduating with his bachelor's degree so we'll be pulling the RV up to the Dallas/Fort Worth area for his commencement. Then my sister will be staying with us for a few days while she works on an event for her job, and the day she leaves we'll be heading out to Burning Flipside. I'm just trying to be organized about it so I can prepare without getting stressed out.

-Yvonne in TX
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Kelly - I had to laugh out loud, literally at your mattress topper story. Sort of like the old waterbeds. They weren’t very good for sex either and I was a young person then!

Viv - sorry to hear about your Mom’s fall. Will your Father think of moving downstairs now after today? I hope she does leave his washing to the carers, can they be there earlier?

Heather - happy anniversary. I think it’s wonderful you celebrate the day you met. I know I met my husband in 1982, but I don’t know the exact date. I was wearing a white bathing suit in the local pool. Guess what caught his eye? 😂

Barbie - I like that you don’t pay homage by going to their graves. I feel guilty if I’m home and don’t go, but I talk about them all the time and have their pictures out and treasure items they made for me.

Lanette - I agree with you about headstones. My Dad was cremated per his wishes, but I had a stillborn sister that was buried in the same plot as what was purchased for my parents when she died. So we buried his ashes with her and we will do the same for my Mom. My sister had a little piece of stone in the ground that had sunk over the years so we have Dad, mom and Lorna all on the one headstone now.

Katla - I understand how angry you can be for not being able to attend a funeral. I wasn’t allowed to attend my Grandfather’s because I was too young, yet when my other Grandfather died I wouldn’t let me girls go either. I understand it from both sides now.

I made two cards for Mother’s Day today. I wish I knew how to post a video on here. One is a pop up card and a picture just doesn’t do it justice. I applied for two other jobs today both at nursing homes. They are both within walking distance for me.

I found out that Brodey’s family is having a shower for them on the 18th of May so I am going down to Calgary with them for it. His Mother will be flying in from Brandon for it. I’m very excited. I love his Mother she is a lovely woman. She is much older than me, closer to my parents age than mine. She says they had kids during their mid-life crisis instead of buying cars and the cars would have been paid for sooner.

Have a nice evening
    Tracey In Edmonton
  • AngeliqueBundy
    AngeliqueBundy Posts: 76 Member
    Kelly - I had to laugh out loud, literally at your mattress topper story. Sort of like the old waterbeds. They weren’t very good for sex either and I was a young person then!

Viv - sorry to hear about your Mom’s fall. Will your Father think of moving downstairs now after today? I hope she does leave his washing to the carers, can they be there earlier?

Heather - happy anniversary. I think it’s wonderful you celebrate the day you met. I know I met my husband in 1982, but I don’t know the exact date. I was wearing a white bathing suit in the local pool. Guess what caught his eye? 😂

Barbie - I like that you don’t pay homage by going to their graves. I feel guilty if I’m home and don’t go, but I talk about them all the time and have their pictures out and treasure items they made for me.

Lanette - I agree with you about headstones. My Dad was cremated per his wishes, but I had a stillborn sister that was buried in the same plot as what was purchased for my parents when she died. So we buried his ashes with her and we will do the same for my Mom. My sister had a little piece of stone in the ground that had sunk over the years so we have Dad, mom and Lorna all on the one headstone now.

Katla - I understand how angry you can be for not being able to attend a funeral. I wasn’t allowed to attend my Grandfather’s because I was too young, yet when my other Grandfather died I wouldn’t let me girls go either. I understand it from both sides now.

I made two cards for Mother’s Day today. I wish I knew how to post a video on here. One is a pop up card and a picture just doesn’t do it justice. I applied for two other jobs today both at nursing homes. They are both within walking distance for me.

I found out that Brodey’s family is having a shower for them on the 18th of May so I am going down to Calgary with them for it. His Mother will be flying in from Brandon for it. I’m very excited. I love his Mother she is a lovely woman. She is much older than me, closer to my parents age than mine. She says they had kids during their mid-life crisis instead of buying cars and the cars would have been paid for sooner.

Have a nice evening
    Tracey In Edmonton

I think it’s so awesome that you take time to respond to everyone. You really care. ❤️
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited May 2019
    Barbie. :'( I'm so sorry about your 19-year-old sister. That's incredibly sad.

_______

Katla Didn't mean to confuse you with my post. My sister who was 15 years old in 1966 (the year Barbie's sister was killed in a MVA) died in 2000 when she was 49.

I'm sorry your parents made that decision about you going to your cousin's funeral. They were wrong to try to shield you. Your parents underestimated your ability to handle the death, and the need to go to the funeral and fully grieve with others who shared your love of your cousin. (((Hug)))

______

Karen in Virginia
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    ginny, how nice about the weather and the 3 walks. I agree about head being clearer that way. that's amazing that they give you letter about how much his donations helped. I knew that they could cremate people after viewing in casket, but I didn't know it could be a rental, though that makes sense.

Katia I'm so sorry about your cousins

Yvonne I had never heard of a ski machine.

Tracey how sweet to make pop up cards. wishing you luck on the local jobs. walking distance to work sounds like a dream.

Barbie I'm sorry about your sister.

Rye I'm so sorry about your financial challenges. I can relate somewhat.

Sharon, I'm so sorry you have lost so many people dear to you of late. An hour or so daily of talk and laughter with a good friend sounds like a real gift.

Connie I'm ready for the semester to end too.

Elizabeth nice vacation movement, woohoo for your goals

Lanette that's a weird note about getting up off the floor and mortality rate. sounds like a narrow scope if I have ever heard one - only one criteria taken into consideration

It's unseasonably cold (40s at 9am) but sunny here. I'm slow to start today. Could just stay in bed for hours, warm and cozy.

• AngeliqueBundy
    AngeliqueBundy Posts: 76 Member
    trucker743 wrote: »
    Rebecca, the City of Langley owns the cemetery. They can get you to the right department. I think there is even something on their web site about it.

By the way, I love the little Footsie flowers. I think I’ll call them “toe-lips”.

Ginny! Wow! That sounds like a lovely way to get a lot of exercise. Gardening ranks up there with housework on calories burned. Do you log your exercise as well as your food?

I’m glad you received the news of how many the donation of your husband’s body helped. Folks, check that spot on your drivers license renewal application to be a donor. They will take as much or as little as you prefer.

Katla and Barbie AHMOD, Metracal worked great for me. One swallow and I’d throw up. Something about the taste. I’m the same way with buttermilk, although I love regular and Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, sour cream and almost any cheese. My late husband couldn’t see why. “They’re all rotten milk in one way or another!” Really helped me get over nausea from trying to see if I’d grown to like buttermilk yet. Periodically I try foods I hadn’t cared for before just to see. After all, I used to loathe green olives and jalapeños too.

kJ (Kelly), i didn’t know whether to hit “like” or “inspiring” or “insightful” for your post. Too bad they don’t have a laughing face one. I’m reminded of trying to introduce my (later) husband to my water bed. Hilarity ensued, but not much else. I sleep alone nowadays, alas, but I do love my memory foam mattress. I don’t know if my fibromyalgia or my arthritis loves it more. I fall asleep too quickly to figure it out!

Lisa in AR, my introduction to stretch marks was when I began to develop breasts. I was in a C Cup by the time I was 12, and at the time I was only minimally overweight, if that. I expanded to an overflowing DD and I I finally had reduction surgery in 1983. I’ve been a happy C copper ever since. I hated the fact that my bosom entered a classroom on time when the rest of me was late.

Heather in UK, you and your husband sound like you’re delightfully attuned to one another.

Angelique, i hope you feel included whether I mention you by name or not. I often go off on a tangent when replying to someone, and what I say is meant for everyone who can take some joy, insight, or laughter from it.

I have had a zero energy day today. I had a great time yesterday at my first ever Bunco game and Cinco de Mayo potluck at a friend’s house. I had to park up the street a ways. There were 20 of us and the area isn’t known for lots of parking spaces. I tried a little of almost everything, including some lovely flan for dessert, but kept my portions very small, and brought my own fruit flavored water, since I don’t drink anyway. It was great fun, and I made nodding acquaintances with a fun bunch of women.

I am truly lonely since my “running buddy”, as in “running around” died suddenly a year after my husband. She was a child of an alcoholic mother, and had spent a good part of her life involved with alcohol and drugs, but when she grew older, she left that life and was happily married until her husband died suddenly the same year mine did. Kat never developed the normal filters that tell you what’s normal to talk about with others. I was with her on one VERY memorable occasion when she overheard someone talking about what had ailed her husband while at a pancake house. She began a conversation with them, and all went fine until she mentioned that one of the side effects for him was erectile dysfunction. Conversation halted abruptly. I was able to telegraph to her “TMI, Kat!”

She was unforgettable and a load of fun. Most days she’d call me or I’d call her and ask “Yoy want some coffee?” An hour or so if talk and laughter and good coffee and I’d be set for the day. Good women friends are a necessity to me. Thank you for being my friends.

Sharon Near Seattle

Thank you for addressing me. You’re inspiring even if you don’t mention me personally. I love that you try to comment to everyone. I don’t know how you do it but you’re awesome! 🤗
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Morning check in
    ✔️ 1. weighed in, 59.3 (130.7 lbs)
    ✔️2. tracked all yesterday I think
    ✔️ 3. 30 min exercise yesterday
    ✔️4. five minutes meditation yesterday
    ✔️ 5.Spend at least 2h on long term writing project yesterday
    ✔️ 6.produce at least 2 pages per day - yesterday
    ✔️ 7. Take care of at least one shorter (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill, yesterday
    ✔️ 8. At least 15 min cleaning yesterday
    ✔️ 8. At least 15 min filing yesterday
    ✔️ 9.average 1100 calories net yesterday

• Overall Feeling: okay
    • Tracking yesterday :yes
    • Exercise yesterday : yes
    • 1100 calories net yesterday: yes
    • Long term writing 2hrs yesterday : yes
    • Long term writing 2 pages yesterday : yes, but need to increase for this next 8 days
    • Short term writing/admin yesterday : yes
    • Bright Spots : see above, bright sunny day

Grateful :
    1. sunny weather
    2. strong, green tea
    3. semester winding down
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Saw tv prog about Svarlbard last night think it was a repeat put on because the snooker finished early. We haven't heard from Penny for a while, anyone know how she is doing.

My eating is still all over the place, just as well I do my exercise, think I need Pips boot LOL

Going to see my DD for couple of days before flying to Greece on Monday, need to sort out packing :(

I'm still sock knitting, love it

Kate UK <3
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Carol in GA... :)
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    (((Shannon)))