Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Happy belated birthday, Lois!!!
    🎁🎉
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsOCTExC6cs&list=LLqC2LaRjjPGaH67rUuDJOhA&index=4&t=0s

I have watched this like four times so far haha. Paul Rudd (sang on this). I can't wait to see which video they remake next. Jimmy Fallon's wig looks like he should be in the 1700's.

I hope they do Wham-Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go or Separate Ways-Journey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b__qYmVodBA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA-PlubWdoI
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    @melissafeagins
    Is there anything new on bathroom eater?
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

I have watched this like four times so far haha. Paul Rudd (sang on this). I can't wait to see which video they remake next. Jimmy Fallon's wig looks like he should be in the 1700's.

I hope they do Wham-Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go or Separate Ways-Journey

I love these!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    And just like that I'm down the YouTube worm hole. :D
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Those look funny. I need to watch them when I have sound later.

I have a confession to make. I am a total cake (and frosting) snob. And I blame my mother! Baking cakes is her talent. She can make the best cake & frosting from scratch. If anyone in the family needs cake, you can bet she'll be the one to make it. It will be beautiful(mostly) and taste amazing(always). Things like chocolate Guinness cake with ganache frosting, and an old carrot cake recipe (with home made cream cheese frosting) passed down through the generations are staples. There isn't a cake that woman can't bake. She even made my wedding cake.

We had a pot luck at work today, in which someone brought cake. I wasn't really considering cake, but one of my coworkers had been cooing and going on about "Tonya's cake" all morning. "OMG you HAVE to have a piece it's SOOO good!". So I'm thinking "OK, I'll sacrifice my yum points on some cake if it's as good as you say"
    It was just a basic sheet cake, with white frosting. Cool, they don't have to be pretty to taste amazing! Took my first bite- this cake, the one that had my coworker so excited was nothing more than cake from boxed mix and canned frosting. :disappointed: I wasted my yum points on basic, run of the mill chocolate Duncan Hines, with basic canned Pillsbury vanilla frosting. Le Sigh. :lol:

I think I need to go pay my mom some love, and complain about people with low cake standards. :tongue:
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    @melissafeagins
    Is there anything new on bathroom eater?

Nope. I think bathroom eater moved out with Plate in the Bathroom Girl. By the end of the year, they want all administrative people out of clinical space. I am going to have a new office, but I don't know where.
  • melissafeagins
    Options

I have a confession to make. I am a total cake (and frosting) snob. And I blame my mother! Baking cakes is her talent. She can make the best cake & frosting from scratch. If anyone in the family needs cake, you can bet she'll be the one to make it. It will be beautiful(mostly) and taste amazing(always). Things like chocolate Guinness cake with ganache frosting, and an old carrot cake recipe (with home made cream cheese frosting) passed down through the generations are staples. There isn't a cake that woman can't bake. She even made my wedding cake.

We had a pot luck at work today, in which someone brought cake. I wasn't really considering cake, but one of my coworkers had been cooing and going on about "Tonya's cake" all morning. "OMG you HAVE to have a piece it's SOOO good!". So I'm thinking "OK, I'll sacrifice my yum points on some cake if it's as good as you say"
    It was just a basic sheet cake, with white frosting. Cool, they don't have to be pretty to taste amazing! Took my first bite- this cake, the one that had my coworker so excited was nothing more than cake from boxed mix and canned frosting. :disappointed: I wasted my yum points on basic, run of the mill chocolate Duncan Hines, with basic canned Pillsbury vanilla frosting. Le Sigh. :lol:

I think I need to go pay my mom some love, and complain about people with low cake standards. :tongue:

Pay your mom some love while you have her and learn to make the carrot cake. I can make my mom's carrot cake and make it GF now from necessity. I can also do coffee cake, pound cake and German chocolate cake (which gets rave reviews, even though I can't taste test it.)

I have a coworker who makes cakes on the side. She gets offended when I make my own. Sorry, dear, my celiac makes your cake sickening. Everyone else will have to stroke your ego.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Options
    I can luckily make that carrot cake. It's just not as pretty. At least there are still some good gf cake recipes out there! I have a friend who is gluten intolerant and they make some that are really good.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    And just like that I'm down the YouTube worm hole. :D

It's easy to get sucked into Youtube. I mostly follow people who make instrumental/karaoke tracks (guitar, piano, saxophone) since I find when I'm in a bad mood singing helps me de-stress the most.

I also like to watch food reviews from time to time, the prank videos people make getting back at the scammers, & other than that just general music videos from back in the day.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

Ha ha that’s funny, the cake my man-child made me for my birthday with make you curl up in horror
    sz30j3dqg6tx.jpeg

Tasted great and he made me a friggin cake from scratch so I love it :lol:

Edit to say it’s supposed to be a Victoria Sponge cake, but he made too much butter icing so he covered it and caught the jam and just kinda spread it all over.

I'd eat that. ;)

Better than my hubby does. He buys mine.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,451 Member
    Options

Ha ha that’s funny, the cake my man-child made me for my birthday with make you curl up in horror
    sz30j3dqg6tx.jpeg

Edit to say it’s supposed to be a Victoria Sponge cake, but he made too much butter icing so he covered it and caught the jam and just kinda spread it all over.

It actually looks pretty tasty. It doesn't have to be pretty. My stepdaughter made my last birthday cake and since her kiddos are allergic or sensitive to almost everything, it was a special cake. I appreciate the effort.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Options

sz30j3dqg6tx.jpeg

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!!!!

It doesn't have to be pretty! + bonus points for cake from scratch! I think what bugged me about that cake was how much my coworker was going on about it- only to find out it was nothing more than boxed cake mix and store bought icing. Not to say those are inherently bad. But heck, even the boxed cake bakers in my family always add something extra. My MIL's chocolate cherry cake is DELICIOUS. It's boxed dark chocolate cake, a can of cherries, and powdered sugar glaze. Basic, easy, satisfying. Or my dad's trick- Make 1 recipe of chocolate cake mix. Then take a whole bag of vanilla cake mix and dump it in straight into the pan with the prepared chocolate cake mix. The end result is this marble cake with streusel like crumbles inside. That unattractive sheet-pan cake was one of the highlights of my childhood birthdays.

It was the "ugh her cakes are SO good! I Can't wait!" I went in expecting something special. Maybe she puts sour cream in her mix or a can of soda, extra chocolate, or whatever other little tricks are out there that make it special or different. Maybe it was one of those poke cakes I keep seeing on Pinterest. I walked up to a basic chocolate sheet cake covered in white frosting. Nothing spectacular, but sometimes those are the best cakes! A not so pretty cake is a good sign it's home-made. Put it in my mouth, and my taste buds made the "wah-wah" sound, lol. I mean sure boxed cake mix and canned frosting are good. But they shouldn't be good enough to win someone the reputation of making good cakes, lol. Maybe my coworker just likes cake anyway she can get it. I'm just disappointed it wasn't anything special is all, and that I could have had those calories for more ice cream that evening. :lol:
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options

sz30j3dqg6tx.jpeg

That is freaking adorable though.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,451 Member
    Options
    Oh I bet that makes her smile! I would love it. Glad to hear things went well.
  • melissafeagins
    Options

sz30j3dqg6tx.jpeg

Nice job, Danny!
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Oh I bet that makes her smile! I would love it. Glad to hear things went well.

Ditto