Control Sugar Intake

13»

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    For anyone thinking that eliminating sugar alone will work, can you answer the question with your mental model of physiology: what happens if you eat 5,000 calories a day worth of fat with absolutely no carbohydrate, just pure lard? If you can't actually gain weight doing this, where does the lard go?

Mmmm, lard. Can't help myself, reminded me of this.

giphy.gif
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    For anyone thinking that eliminating sugar alone will work, can you answer the question with your mental model of physiology: what happens if you eat 5,000 calories a day worth of fat with absolutely no carbohydrate, just pure lard? If you can't actually gain weight doing this, where does the lard go?

Mmmm, lard. Can't help myself, reminded me of this.

giphy.gif

Yeah, a witty insulin fairy advocate will tell me the lard will end up on the floor from an emetic response.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    Interesting that in recent years our sugar consumption has decreased but our weight has increased. What does that little bit of information tell you? For me, I would come to the conclusion that the reason for our increasing obesity levels is that we are eating more and moving less, rather than the types of foods we are eating. If eating foods high in added sugar contribute to you overeating, it makes sense to limit them or cut them out of your diet. If you are the sort of person who finds that having a small sweet treat regularly prevents cravings and helps you stay within your calorie goals then you would be foolish to stop doing this.

Yes ma'am...There are meta analysis showing fruit being slimming.... what's wrong with fruit?
  • SoaringOccamy
    SoaringOccamy Posts: 57 Member
    I know it has been a few days, but I was watching youtube this morning and I saw a video that made me think of this topic. It had what I feel is some great advice on how to go about watching your sugar intake. I thought I would post it here in case the OP is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVmrwzpoicQ&t=293s&ab_channel=TheWholeHappyLife
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    I have recently watched documentaries on youtube balming sugar for obesity and camung that if we reduced sugar intake to almost zero the problem will be solved. My question is how to control sugar intake espcially those hidden.

I have found controlling the labelled ones gets me 99% away from sugar but doubt sugar is the only problem causing obesity. It is not just what we eat but what we actually digest that counts in the total calories consumed.