I would like to lose 10 lbs in 8 days

Options

Replies

• KTGator
    KTGator Posts: 78
    Options
    Instead of focusing on the scale, I'd focus on the inches. Make sure you are doing some weight training in there, which should hopefully see you dropping some inches -- that will hopefully make you feel more comfortable in your dress.
  • shelleilei
    shelleilei Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Spanx or some type of girdle will do wonders for you.
  • B_L_A_Z_I_A_N
    Options
    My friend was a football player in college but then quit... and lost a LOT of weight over a couple of months... went down to a 28? in pants from .... uhh football player pants lol
    anyways... he developed heart problems and had to drop out of school :-/
    life>party
  • Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Do you really think that anyone will notice if you fit in THAT dress? I would go buy another dress. There are plenty out there that would look flattering on you and makes you look slimmer.
    It just is not healthy to lose 10 lbs in 8 days.
    I am not trying to be mean by asking this but did you just find out about this party? Make the 10 lbs you want to lose in 8 days a goal for the next event you are going to attend.
  • aprilhelmreich
    aprilhelmreich Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Google the cabbage soup diet. It is total hell and you probably wont drop a size... just 10lbs of water... But if its 10lbs you want off that will do it.

I suggest Just following MFP for long term weight loss you won't feel like crap over!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    SMH! :noway: Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but lets be serious/realistic for a second, its just not going to happen no matter what you do! Best to start thinking of events 3 months in advance if you want to make any reasonable progress.

Good luck for the next one. And I'm sure your 100 year old Gran will just be happy you are there for her regardless of what you're wearing :flowerforyou:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Google the cabbage soup diet. It is total hell and you probably wont drop a size... just 10lbs of water... But if its 10lbs you want off that will do it.

I suggest Just following MFP for long term weight loss you won't feel like crap over!

Cabbage soup just bloats you and makes you lose water weight. Hardly a good recipe to feel good in a dress IMHO. But try it if you want, that was just MY experience :flowerforyou:
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    That's 35,750 calories. 2,000 daily diet X 8 days is 24,000 calories. If you eat nothing for 8 days, you will lose 6 lbs. But, there is something called starvation mode. Eating the wrong meal is like paying too much for an item at the store. Invest wisely in your body.
  • fairygirl716
    Options
    best reply as of yet!

Be realistic! And healthy!
  • jumperchick
    Options
    there is a diet called the 5 bite diet where you can lose 6lbs a week. what you do is only drink water or drinks with no calories. take a mltivitamin everyday. you eat two meals per day. you can eat what ever you want,but each meal can only be 5 bites of food. its also called the snickers diet because each meal should be about the size of the snickers bar. the guy who came up with this diet based it off of the diet people who have just had their stomach stapled are on. i have never tried this, but i saw something on youtube about it.
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions? I am so behind in my weight loss I have been jogging and walking and doing zumba, granted I eat alot of healthy and unhealthy food (really cutting back though) but I am tired of losing less than 1 lb a week.

Also, My grandma's 100th birthday celebration is on the 3rd of September and I want to fit into my size 14 dress.

...and I would like a million dollars....oh sorry I thought we were wishing for things that didn't have much hope in hell of happening. As for the size 14, if you work out like crazy you might lose up to 3 lbs and then some spanks may be able to do the rest. Good luck.

lol. You read my mind.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    there is a diet called the 5 bite diet where you can lose 6lbs a week. what you do is only drink water or drinks with no calories. take a mltivitamin everyday. you eat two meals per day. you can eat what ever you want,but each meal can only be 5 bites of food. its also called the snickers diet because each meal should be about the size of the snickers bar. the guy who came up with this diet based it off of the diet people who have just had their stomach stapled are on. i have never tried this, but i saw something on youtube about it.

WHAT?! wait ... wh.. why? ... omg. I know I haven't been around too long, but this is the first time I've heard of this.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    Have you tried atkins or the 17 day diet I just lost 7 pounds in 8 days on the 17 day diet:)
    It's water. Again applying mathematics that would be 24,500 fat calories and that translates to 3062 calories to burn daily ON TOP of what you already burn. That would be 6 hours a day of exercise with a 500 calorie burn minimum per hour.

It's water.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    And of course this is a sane way to get in your essentials and nutrients. :huh:
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    When my son was going into the Army, the night before weigh and measurement time he and his Army friends put Preparation H on and wrapped themselves around the middle with plastic wrap in the morning they were 2-3 inches smaller. It might work for a quick fix. I do not recommend doing all the time.
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    SPANX!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Is that even possible? 10lbs?

Maybe if you poop one monster turd, that might do it? You know, we can store up to 12lbs of poop in our system.
  • CLA2801
    CLA2801 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Google "Stillman Diet." Basically all lean protein and nothing else. You can most definitely lose 10 lbs in 8 days. Of course, as others stated, it will be mostly water weight and you may be compromising your health in the process.

But hey... what's health when you've got a dress to fit into!?//sarcasm
  • darrielirwin
    Options
    I lost 10lbs in 2 weeks (14 days), first 5 lbs was water weight the 2nd was by completely taking Gluten out of my diet. I did not do it on purpose, my doctor told me I needed to stop eating gluten (to see if it would solve another medical issue). It is HARD trust me.

It means NO WHEAT! Which means NO dressing for your salad (I did oil and balsamic vinegar). Most seasonings you can't eat either. Here is what a day in my life of no gluten was.

I lost the weight and kept it off (I have been stuck at 23lbs lost for around a month), and I still do not each much gluten, and when I do, I didn't gain the weight back! I found some amazing corn pasta, which is what I eat now when I want pasta. I hardly ever have bread. But when I eat out, and throw some gluten into my diet, I haven't gained it back. I ended up doing 2 months 100% gluten free, and now I am about 75 or 80%.

Good luck!

Going GF probably won't have a huge impact on someone who isn't also Gluten Intolerant. I know this because when I went GF i lost a ton of weight, my roommate had to go GF too bc of my level of sensitivity and she did not lose weight, even though we were eating the same things.

I am not gluten intolerant and it worked for me. My doctor was hoping it would help my IBS, which it did, but it also helped me loose the weight. By eliminating gluten, I got rid of most carbs as well (still ate potatoes and rice), so it was likely a combo of both!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I want to grow my hair 5 inches in the next week . . . that isn't going to happen either.

Buy yourself some spanx, squeeze into the dress, and continue to lose weight in a healthy manner.