Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What is your "Petty" Reason to Lose Weight?

Replies

• Jamie2663Jamie2663 Posts: 437Member, Premium Member Posts: 437Member, Premium Member
    I'm a little embarrassed to add this one. But I'm getting married in October and I want to be one of those trophy wives. I want other men to be envious of my husband. And other women to be envious of me.
    There, I said it. Lol.

Not stupid at all. Trophy wife is a life goal every woman should have :D Okay me. I would love it lol
  • cory17cory17 Posts: 448Member Member Posts: 448Member Member
    I have a cupboard full of size 8 clothes that my (current) size 14 *kitten* is just dying to get back into.

This. I have 3 bags of clothes that refuse to get rid of, they're in perfect shape and cost way too much.
  • quiksylver296quiksylver296 Posts: 25,101Member Member Posts: 25,101Member Member
    1991court wrote: »
    So my emotionally and mentally abusive ex can see how much better my life is now that he is gone... btw I ended things tonight.

Congratulations! Stand strong!
  • TravisJHuntTravisJHunt Posts: 463Member Member Posts: 463Member Member
    So my wife won't laugh when I take my clothes off!!!!!!!

Just kidding, she doesn't, but I sure as hell do so need to do something about that!
  • KaytV1990KaytV1990 Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    I actually have quite a few petty reasons and legit reasons, but I'll list the petty

1. I have a boss that is like a vain female version of Michael Scott from "The Office". It's ridiculous how vain she is and makes people feel bad for not looking "healthy" to her. It infuriates me and she says a lot of really dumb *kitten* and loves attention. I would just love to be able to take some of that attention away from her just to piss her off (not that I want the attention).
    2. Not being ignored by bartenders when other girls go up after me and get service before I do.
    3. So I can stop being insecure and get my damn confidence back. (I guess that's more legit than petty lol idk)
  • dcresiderdcresider Posts: 1,043Member Member Posts: 1,043Member Member
    I don't want to look like a soccer mom, when I'm not, even though I'm getting up there in age.
  • Partagus7Partagus7 Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    This is about as petty as it gets, LOL.

I started out for health reasons. Just out of school I weighed in at 135. But after decades of bad eating habits, the scales were tipping at 210. Normal weight range for my height is 126-168. Yeah something needed to be done, heh :wink:

I'm down to 165-170 range (depending on time of day) and feeling healthy again, so there is that, YAY!

Now for the petty part/reason: I've set my new/current goal at 155lbs, to coincide with an upcoming 55th birthday.
    This would put me very lean but still with some muscle definition.
    I have to say though, seems no matter what I do, those last 10 pounds just will NOT come off. Very frustrated :neutral: