Do you get mistaken for looking older or younger than you re

Options

Replies

• scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I actually get mistaken for being both older and younger at times, but it depends on what I'm wearing. If I'm dressed up in my work clothes or in a cocktail dress I always get mistaken for late 20s, like 28 or 29. If I'm just wearing normal clothes I often get mistaken for being like 18. I don't really mind either way though. I think I look my age, but then again I'm a horrible judge at age.
  • julietsingleton
    julietsingleton Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am 35, nearly 36 and as i had my daughter when i was 18, i often get told i dont look old enough to have a 17 year old, and when i tell people my age i usually get nice remarks saying i dont look my age, even though i often feel it :yawn:
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    Haha people always think I'm a teen!!! I'm twenty freakin' three!
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    As an adult, I've always been mistaken for being younger. It works in my favor, especially since I'm a 40 year old undergrad. Most people in my classes think I'm in my 20s. I'll take it.
  • big_beautiful
    Options
    now i get mistaken for being 16

but when i was younger they thought i was older
  • cowpoke06
    cowpoke06 Posts: 171
    Options
    i am a college student and i still get carded to see rated R movies!!

I went to the movies once at age 24...and they would NOT let me in to the movie because I didn't have my license...I didn't think I needed it. We had to go home :/
  • FindingFit50s
    Options
    clean shaven .. people guess I am younger

scruffy .. people guess I am younger, but not by as much.

So, I'm guessing you're the one on the right. :happy:

Ooohhhh…. I sure hope so!!! LOLZ!!
  • ziggy67
    ziggy67 Posts: 351
    Options
    I am very fortunate that we have young looking genes in our family and my mother who is 80 would pass for 60. Everytime I go to the Dentist and need an X-ray he always says "Are you pregnant?" !! so, I guess I do look quite a lot younger than my 55 years!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I always get guessed younger. Ever since I was 12...when someone thought I was 7. Most people think I am around 25ish. I get carded every durn time I buy a drink at a restaurant and I've been old enough to drink for 11 years now.

There was only 1 time that I can remember someone guessing older...I was 30 and she said "34" and I wanted to smack her. LOL!

The last time someone guessed, they said 27. IDK, even when I am not exercising and eating great, I still seem to be 5 years younger.

Funny thing is, I see other 32 year olds and I think "wow, they all look old. I don't like that, do I?" And I say that about my own personal friends too. I'm not trying to be mean, though. I've just always looked younger.
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I am almost 20 and get told that I look like I am anywhere between 12 - 16 so that makes me feel real good. :)
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    When I was 12 I passed for 19. When I was in my early twenties I looked my age. Now most people think I'm at least 10-15 years younger than I am. Curious as to what it will be like as I get thinner. I do know I look younger now than I did 50lbs ago. Right now I look the same as I did in photos that are 17 years old.

My husband only gets carded if I am with him. I guess I make him look younger! :bigsmile:
  • mousumi30
    Options
    younger and i think its because of the baby fat i carry around my chicks at 30, so irritating!!!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    When I was younger people always thought I was a lot older. Now that im older (30 in a week) people think im younger. I have shed 45 lbs so far and in far better shape then I was in my younger years but I didn't think it would make that much of a difference until lately. Everytime I get a drink I always get carded. I never use to get carded.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    younger erryone always thinks my daughters are my sisters

LOL...I'm with you on this one. My daughter and I have gotten this a lot, especially lately. When anyone asks about the picture of me she has in her dorm room, she tells them that I'm her sisterly mother...:laugh:

What always made me laugh is that I taught at the same high school my girls attended, so everyone knew them and knew their age. Some of the students still asked if I was 24. Hmmmmm...let'd to the math there. My girls are 17; I would have had to have had them at 7...nope, don't think so.

One more thing...I'm really worried that when I finally get rid of all this weight that I will look like I'm 10. It's not gonna stop me, but it's a definite fear.:grumble:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I get that. In my late 40s, I notice that at that age people either look good or look really old.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    When I weighed 254 I didn't get any comments of looking younger. I received comments of looking older. Now I get carded all the time which feels good but sucks cause I never take my license with me any where lol.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I was chatting with a woman at my daughter's riding lesson the other day. My daughter is 5. The woman asked if I had other kids, and I responded that I also have a 15 year old son. She about fell out of her chair, and said she thought I was 25. More than a decade removed from 25, I was thrilled.

I generally refuse to admit that I have been any age beyond 29. Even my daughter thinks I'm 29 (over and over). I refused to hit 30, and just stuck with 29. It works, though is starting to get a bit ridiculous, now that I have a teenager, and have been married for 17 years.
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I've been buying alcohol and cigarettes, legally, from the same supermarket for ten years and I still occasionally get asked for ID. They're supposed to ask anyone who looks under 25, but I'm 29. I love it when it happens, unless I've forgotten to bring my ID with me!

It's probably because I still dress like a student.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I get carded every time I buy alcohol....so I guess I look under 21. I sure as hell don't feel it, though.
  • prettytoxic
    prettytoxic Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Someone thought I was 16 =[ I'm 20!!
    And surely my massive tattoos should have been a gice away that I'm at least 18!!

Oh and one of my boyfriend's mates thought I was 24 O________O