JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• wannabeskinnycat
    wannabeskinnycat Posts: 205 Member

JFT 30/5 Thursday

1. Log all food & drink :smile:
    2. Stay under calorie target :smile:
    3. Take at least 5500 steps :smile: and I managed 2 x 10 mins Wii stepping!!! :smiley::smiley:
    4. Stay focused and have fun :smile:

JFT 31/5 Friday

1. Log all food & drink.
    2. Stay under calorie target. Meeting a friend for breakfast buffet eek :scream: wish me luck
    3. Take at least 5500 steps
    4. Stay focused and have fun
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,917 Member
    I live close enough to the airport that I can see all of the writing on planes as they are landing and taking off. Today I’m hearing them but can’t see them.3e5xc6dllizc.jpeg

@Faebert - last August the whole month was so smoky we couldn’t get out. It started to clear by the beginning of September but then we had our first snow on the 13th. It has not been really nice since.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,414 Member
    I live close enough to the airport that I can see all of the writing on planes as they are landing and taking off. Today I’m hearing them but can’t see them.3e5xc6dllizc.jpeg

@Faebert - last August the whole month was so smoky we couldn’t get out. It started to clear by the beginning of September but then we had our first snow on the 13th. It has not been really nice since.

Oh my gosh, @Snowflake1968! The sky is such an odd color! That's just scary and that had to make for an awfully short summer if you had to stay inside. How close were the fires?
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,149 Member
    z7m0iyxy80br.jpg
    yz9g5hjvcfs2.jpg
    d8yiqdp4fka3.jpg
    mfoxirx3kksl.jpg

• Snowflake1968

Oh my gosh, @Snowflake1968! The sky is such an odd color! That's just scary and that had to make for an awfully short summer if you had to stay inside. How close were the fires?

This picture was taken at around 1 this afternoon. The fires right now are anywhere from 3-7 hours drive north of us. Last year the fires were in BC a whole other province.
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    @Snowflake1968 That is awful! I hope they clear up and go away! Last year was awful out west for wild fires. Hope we are not in for another bad year.

• korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    30 minutes movement/exercise :(
    Do not eat any more donuts! :D (I'm at an open house and already ate one!) :)
    Give myself lots of space today-I'm feeling a little anxious :)
    Meditate 5 minutes :(
    Drink water :(
    Get through the effing day with a smile on your face and fall apart later :)

I got through the day, feeling so burnt out and tired and kind of annoyed at myself for not working out but I literally just got home an hour ago and did not have a spare minute today. I will have to max out my efforts tomorrow on the last day of May to meet my May fitness goals.
    Husband's birthday today so we went out to dinner and I enjoyed wine and cake so sure tomorrow will not see a weight loss but worth it to celebrate. Made fairly healthy dinner choices. Did not meditate today and I really should have. Hopefully I'll get a really good nights sleep tonight, tomorrow is another busy day but I will have time to get to the gym so it'll be ok. Also had some showings to do but clients decided to go Sunday instead so I get the evening to relax. Can't say I'm upset about that, that's for sure!

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,414 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    z7m0iyxy80br.jpg
    yz9g5hjvcfs2.jpg
    d8yiqdp4fka3.jpg
    mfoxirx3kksl.jpg

I’ve never been to an aquarium like that! How cool! Sounds like such a nice day! ❤️
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,387 Member
    Thursday, May 30, 2019
    Log accurately :| Lunch was tricky, but I think I got it very close
    60 minutes intentional walking :)
    Productive work day :)
    General house cleanup :)

@Snowflake1968 -sorry job did not work out. It can be tough breaking into a new field. I am a big believer that life works out as it should and we end up where we should if we leave ourselves open to it. Had you started a new job right now, it would conflict with the wedding and all of the preparations. With your determination, you will find the right position. The fires do look scary. I remember seeing fires/smoke over the mountains in San Diego when I lived there for few years in my youth. It seems as if we are having way too many fires, tornados, and flooding in the Northern Hemisphere.

Keeping goals easy for Friday. Picking up SIL from Switzerland early and hitting outlet malls and a couple of other stores. I know I will get some steps in. Want to get some shorts from Columbia outlet for my Phoenix trip (I really like the lightweight material). Will also have to check out Loft and Anne Taylor. Pretty sure I will keep calories under control, just hope I can do same with shopping!

Friday, May 31, 2019
    Log Accurately
    30 minutes intentional walking
    Enjoy shopping with SIL

Best to those struggling-it is good you can share, that helps us sort out problems.

Ginny in Ohio
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    Thursday JFT:

✔▪Pack work lunches
    ✔▪Breakfast➡️enjoyed a wonderful, unexpected invite to breakfast out with hubby 💖
    ✔▪Maintain baby's daily schedule
    ✔✔▪Log Food / Stay under calorie limit
    ❌▪Devotional Time➡️Spent a good part of my day running errands for hubby
    ✔▪Laundry / cleaning
    ❌▪Organize garage & prepare for move➡️Ran errands for hubby
    ✔▪Lunch
    ✔✔▪Exercise (x2 DVD)➡️Yeah, I did both!!🤗
    ❌▪Dinner➡️I ate a high calorie lunch bc I didnt eat lunch until 3 pm so I kept dinner light and prepared leftovers for the family
    ✅▪Evening schedule➡️spent the evening cleaning and training the two middle boys how to do the dishes properly

Well my day is ending fairly late this evening!! I'm going to catch up on my JFT reading in the morning. Have a wonderful rest of y'all's day. 👋🤠
  • Snowflake1968
    w6128h9ximm9.jpg
    My Before and After... Pink Dress is my now weight. Subtle Change. Still trying to get
    that first 25 gone.

That looks a little more than subtle to me.
    VA-VA-VA BOOM!!!!!😍🥰🥳
  • Snowflake1968
    I have decided that I’m not going to post goals or count calories this weekend. This is a once in a lifetime experience and I just want to enjoy it. I will log in each day so that I don’t lose my streak though!

If I don’t get a chance to say hi, everyone have a great weekend!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Not a particularly good day yesterday. I have the day off today, so got in 'weekend' mode and indulged a little. I also failed to do pretty much any French. But I'm ok with that. I've been pushing myself a bit hard I think and was feeling a little worn down. I think I needed a rest to give me the energy to get back on with it - which I will do today!

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :)
    - Be in the green with mini deficit >:)
    - 4 bottles water :)
    - No alcohol >:)
    - Exercise DVD :)

- No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite >:)
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts >:)
    - Give myself credit! :smile:
    - Stay positive :neutral:

- French vocab (new + practise) >:)
    - French reading >:)
    - Talk to boyfriend in French >:)
    - Duolingo :smile:
    - Finish work by 7pm :smile:
    - Washing :smile:
    - Gratitude journal >:)
    - Lights off by 11 >:)

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 4 bottles water
    - Go to gym

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- French vocab (new + practise)
    - French verbs (practise)
    - French podcast
    - French reading
    - Talk to boyfriend in French
    - Duolingo
    - French revision (lots)
    - Gratitude journal

Weekly calorie balance: 230 in red (not counting red)

Today's positive thought: I don't have to go to work for THREE DAYS. And the weather is meant to be nice this weekend, which means I can have nice walks for revision breaks.

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation

How I will exercise Mindful Moderation today: By not having crisps today, seeing as I had them yesterday.
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food 👎
    2. Gym👍
    3. Drink 150oz water👍
    4. Healthy snack after dinner 👎
    5. Bed by 9:00👍
    Bad storm here yesterday and came home to our power being out until 9pm. Since we couldn’t cook, hubby decided to get pizza and it all went downhill from there. Going to try to regroup today even though only have a half day at work.

JFT Friday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 100 oz water
    3. Spin class
    4. Meditate
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member

Oh my gosh, that is so scary!!

I'm very sorry to hear about the job, but I know there is an even better one out there for you! Big hugs 💖💖
  • aubyshortcake
    w6128h9ximm9.jpg
    My Before and After... Pink Dress is my now weight. Subtle Change. Still trying to get
    that first 25 gone.

Mary you look GORGEOUS 😍😍
  • aubyshortcake
    Good morning all! I have to be super fast because I'm running late this morning. Good news though, our offer was accepted! Now I'm freaking out about choosing which lender to use. One can pay the down payment for us but has a higher interest rate, another has a great interest rate but we have to pay the down payment which leaves us with not much left, but it's about $200 a month cheaper. I'll also be looking into a third option today.

Anyways, I hope you all have a great day and thank you so much for your support!

Yesterday 5/30:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😞 no but only 60 over this time
    3. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    4. Finish work at 5:15😞
    5. Get prescription refilled😞

JFT 5/31:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for a walk at lunch
    4. Finish work at 5:15
    5. Get prescription refilled