5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    April challenge
    May challenge
    June challenge

My weight is going up and as I am making too many excuses to eat and drink too much - there's left over toast to eat up in the morning rather than my usual meusli or porridge and I have an "I'm on holiday mentality so yes please to wine or cake" etc. I need to get a grip - I am not on holiday, I am newly retired and need to adjust to that and stop indulging. At least I am getting out for my daily walk!
  • kaihunter45
    kaihunter45 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Sunday 2 June

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    April challenge
    May challenge
    June challenge

My weight is going up and as I am making too many excuses to eat and drink too much - there's left over toast to eat up in the morning rather than my usual meusli or porridge and I have an "I'm on holiday mentality so yes please to wine or cake" etc. I need to get a grip - I am not on holiday, I am newly retired and need to adjust to that and stop indulging. At least I am getting out for my daily walk!

Happy retirement!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,215 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Hey, couldnt get online tonight! Tubster wanted to play til 10pm! And then had me up at 4... to play again, i vaguely remember being asleep on the sofa and her clambering all over giving me kisses lol?

@mytime6630 I stuck to the personal challenge. Well i came on, posted and I genuinely tried to drink 5 cups of water. I think i had about 3? Possibly 4.

Didnt do the June challenge of logging the G,B&U. But im here today.
    I didnt really think of any specific goals today but knew i wanted to get the house tidy and ive done that! So all good!

Great job @Bex! One small goal at a time! And house cleaning is a BIG goal!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I have been travelling for work and/or sick for most of the last month. Today I am fasting for a Monday colonoscopy and have a couple of days off after that, so it is a good time to start setting goals again.

Sunday:
    1. get through liquid fast
    2. plant tomatoes in garden
    3. rest

Welcome back. So sad you've been sick though ... hope you are feeling better. Good luck on your colonoscopy! I hate the prep work... I have to have these done every year. The procedure is not so bad, its just the prep.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Total change in schedule now that its only the one job starts tomorrow. I'm looking at the positives; shorter commute, only one place ina day, less hours w/ close to the same salary with time and a half OT, LESS STRESS, sleep in later. So my coffee is made, eggs are boiled, lunches are planned, snacks ready. Hopefully hear back about my car tomorrow! I need to call to extend rental until tuesday.

JFT sun
    1. Rest
    2. Bed by 10
    3. Put clothes away
    4. Think about new morning routine now that work is 8-9 start time
    5. Trim fingernails

JFT MONDAY
    1. Up by 730?
    2. Smoothie for breakfast
    3. Dog walk???
    4. Coffee at home
    5. Pack lunches for both
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I'm here again. I'm doing the June challenge and @mytime6630 personal challenge. It's been a rough few weeks. I sobbed in my Mom's arms for about 20 minutes this afternoon. All I came away with was red puffy eyes and a pounding headache.

Hugs <3 You have been through so much these past few months. I hope Matt is also doing better, and maybe inturn, you can relax and take care of yourself. We all love you here .... I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing, rejuvenating evening.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Sunday 2 June

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green >:) but the roast beef was delicious!
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge :)
    Feb challenge >:)
    Mar challenge :) rain cleared up so I got out, I had thought I'd be trying to meet excercise goals inside
    April challenge :) cleaning my teeth and looking out the window watching spring lambs brings a smile to my face
    May challenge :) mostly managed this today
    June challenge :) pity I was not in the green but at least I have caught up and posted today

• korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT 6/2 Recap:

Long cardio workout-90 minutes (walking and running) :( Nope. But I did 30 minutes of running so it's ok.
    Stretch before and after workout :| After, not before
    Crockpot dinner prep :( Didn't get to it, will have to do for tomorrow.
    Healthy Choices with one treat food wise :) Mostly! Stayed within calorie goal at least, calling it a win
    Mindful eating, pay attention to cues :)

Definitely ate within calorie goals today and then treated myself to a piece of cake. Might need to work on my sodium intake though. I also didn't plan well and ended up in the drive through but only got a bean burrito so it was ok.

Happy to be home for the night. Going to settle in and get a good nights rest.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Saturday
    1. >5k steps by 2 PM; >10k steps by 7 PM
    2. No extra snacks beyond what's packed! NO!
    3. Read articles & take notes.
    4. Call Z, parents, and/or B during breaks.

JFT Sunday
    1. AM run - 4 miles? idk... Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance practice. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT. FINISH READING S.
    2. Upload projects. Type essay.
    3. Leave for garden by 8:45.
    4. Finish essay. Dinner with B. Proofread essay and upload.
    5. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    6. Therapy exercises at 9:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Alarm set for 6:00. Monday: Lifting. Align assessments to OW units. Late lunch with parents. Tuesday: Lifting. Birthday for A.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 193.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY. Upload summer project checklist July 1.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia???
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away.

WFTY: Climbing.
    Positive thought: Today at the garden was really nice! I got in WELL over my steps goals yesterday at the park, AND avoided snacking, even though it was sorely tempting.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    JFT, Sun
    1. do laundry :)
    2. mindful eating :/ Did OK all day, but there was a buster bar left in the freezer . Well, no longer is there a buster bar left. Only good thing is that I'll no longer be tempted, but bad news is that I ate it! But ... I did log it!
    3. 8+ water :/
    4. Log everything :)
    5. get back on here tomorrow :)

JFt, Monday, June 3
    1. go to the gym
    2. 8+ water
    3. mindful eating
    4. take daughters rent check over
    5. help hubby

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    Still coming on daily, just dealing w/stress & drama at home, which I hate, there's no peace at all, so I eat. But that only hurts me more, so I've got to stop. There are so many reasons I need to lose weight, and want to feel better, and energetic.
    2019 challenges
    Today, going to clear off my desktop.
    Study 1 hour

Rooting for everyone here - and @maryrobinson there is a difference between the 2 photos, & it's much more than slight!
    Thank you for the compliment. It's not easy to get the weight down when
    You have injured body parts from Arthritis. Exercise doesn't come easy
    for me...but I switched to doing more exercises on my bed to take the pressure
    off my joints. I can't afford to go to the gym, and our YMCA charges fees
    so water exercises are out. But I don't make any room for excuses if I can
    help it.

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all. V quick post before I get ready for work. Feeling much better and nearly healed so happy I could work out this morning. Hope everyone is well

Sunday goals recap:
    - morning long walk ✅ knee not quite ready for running
    - chill time and sunshine with bf ✅
    - log all food - high estimate where weighing impossible ✅ you know you’re taking it seriously when you log 5 grapes! 😂
    - home by 5 ❎
    - put away laundry✅
    - pack schoolbags, prep for tomorrow✅
    - pack sunflower plants in car✅
    - kids hair wash✅
    - bed by 9:30 ❎ but v nearly

Monday goals:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Pack snacks
    - Buy milk on way to school
    - Sort maths replacement lesson on arrival
    - Home lunchtime for car, shake and plants
    - Leave by 5
    - Health food store after work
    - Online grocery shop
    - Bed by 9:30

Have a great day all. Will check in later x
  • suzanne6094
    suzanne6094 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I really want to commit to 3 goals

1. Always log calories on MFP to hold myself accountable and also to consume all the calories I need
    2. Meal Prep
    3. Library (get more books to limit screen time)