Favorite Light ice creams?

Options

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I gave many flavors of Enlightened and Halo Top a fair try and really just don't care for this type of ice cream.

I do like reduced calorie Ben & Jerry's, but the calorie count is not reduced all that much. But then, the flavor isn't reduced either :lol:

Yeah the Ben & Jerry's Moophoria is more for those of us who want to make 1 serving fit into a regular day rather than be able to eat the whole pint I think. They are yummy :smile:
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,555 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen reduced calorie Ben & Jerry's, I'll keep an eye out! I haven't been impressed with Halo Top so far but picked up Peanut Butter and Jelly today on clearance, I hope it is decent though a weird flavor. They had a brand called Slim Twins and I picked up two of those, plus frozen yogurt. I'll check out Target once I run out. No Krogers here, I'm in Northern CA. I really want to find Enlightened's Triple Chocolate!
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I think Halo Top is overrated and dunno how it got so popular? Maybe it was the first to come out? Enlightened is my favorite cuz it's sooooo smooth! I bought the Ben and Jerry's not really looking at the calories but yea it's defo a "serving size" treat
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    NO judgment on those who do like to eat the whole pint of these, there are tons of other foods I like very large serving sizes for...but I can't eat a whole pint of anything at once. Maybe I just don't like ice cream as much, I don't know. But even Halo Top, I really like it but feel nauseated if I eat 1/2 or more in one sitting.
  • placeboBL
    placeboBL Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    There are certain flavors of Halo and Enlightened that I really enjoy, but the best of each don’t compare to the worst Chilly Cow. Chilly Cow is by far the best.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    I have a Grocery Outlet nearby, I'll have to check it out! Thanks for the recommendations!

I LOVE Grocery Outlet. My local one had four different Enlightened flavors recently. They also always have one or two Halo Top flavors, as well as various other low calorie brands that I don't like as much.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I prefer mini ice cream bars so mini Drumsticks are amazing, they are like 110 calories. Also Chapman's (a Canadian brand) has some mini ice cream bars for 150cals which are very satisfying.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    NO judgment on those who do like to eat the whole pint of these, there are tons of other foods I like very large serving sizes for...but I can't eat a whole pint of anything at once. Maybe I just don't like ice cream as much, I don't know. But even Halo Top, I really like it but feel nauseated if I eat 1/2 or more in one sitting.

I used to eat a pint at a time but now it's not worth it. a.) because I burnt myself out b.) because I count the true carb value rather than net carbs (calories advertised are based on net carbs) and c.) because that's what the marketers want, and is why Halo Top is so successful. People are eating pints at a time, meaning they end up buying ice cream more frequently, which = larger profits. Also, I swear erythritol is addictive haha
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    My favorite is Enlightened Chocolate Peanut Butter. Movie Night is good too..(as well as quite a few others).
    Archers Farms Chocolate Pecan Pie is awesome.
    Halo Top has some decent ones too.
    I tried Chilly Cow once and liked it. I forget the flavor though.
    Breyers Delights is ok too.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Edy's slow churned sugar free ice cream or Edy's slow churned reg. ice cream- so good
  • Katmary71
    Options
    So out of what I tried Enlightened Peanut Butter cup and Archer Farms Mint Cookie are my favorites. Thank you all for your imput!
  • lucadeangiles
    lucadeangiles Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Culture republick is 450-500 cals per pint and has the best texture of any light ice cream i’ve ever eaten. I like all of the flavors except lemon graham but my favorites are milk&honey and matcha fudge. Super creamy, a bit dense and chewy(like a real pint), and I’m pretty sure there’s no artificial sweeteners
  • ultra_violets
    ultra_violets Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    So far my favorite is Enlightened Chocolate Peanut Butter. What are your favorites that are worth the price and calories?

I am DYING to try this! I haven't had ice cream in almost six months..
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Well, the worst light ice cream is Slim Twins. I tried the Cookies and Cream last night and it was awful. Not worth the calories!

I haven't come across some of the brands mentioned. I'll keep an eye out!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    So far my favorite is Enlightened Chocolate Peanut Butter. What are your favorites that are worth the price and calories?

I am DYING to try this! I haven't had ice cream in almost six months..

It's worth a try, and not too high in calories!

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Culture republick is 450-500 cals per pint and has the best texture of any light ice cream i’ve ever eaten. I like all of the flavors except lemon graham but my favorites are milk&honey and matcha fudge. Super creamy, a bit dense and chewy(like a real pint), and I’m pretty sure there’s no artificial sweeteners

Used to be carried at Target, but Target discontinued it. Sadly..
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Well, the worst light ice cream is Slim Twins. I tried the Cookies and Cream last night and it was awful. Not worth the calories!

I’m not a fan of Slim Twin. It’s always at my Grocery Outlet and I understand why they can’t seem to sell it.

Enlightened cookies and cream is pretty good, and it comes in bars if you would rather have that instead of a pint.
  • Emirena
    Emirena Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Enlightened s'mores, glazed donut, bananas foster, nondairy monkey business, mint chip, salted caramel, triple chocolate, movie night.

pro-yo everything.
  • cnjg6677
    cnjg6677 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Wink dark chocolate
  • Katmary71
    Options
    apullum wrote: »

I’m not a fan of Slim Twin. It’s always at my Grocery Outlet and I understand why they can’t seem to sell it.

Enlightened cookies and cream is pretty good, and it comes in bars if you would rather have that instead of a pint.

That's where I picked up Slim Twins. Lesson learned!

Sounds like Enlightened is good across the board. I'll keep an eye out for more flavors.