What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Last night I made english muffin pizzas! I used the light whole grain muffins, split in half - one 1/2 of a muffin is 1 mini pizza. I topped each with 2 teaspoons of tomato sauce, garlic powder, chorizo, pineapple, mushrooms and mozz cheese, baked @ 350 for 12 minutes.

My mom made them as a kid, and I am so happy a pinterest article sparked my memory. I enjoyed them so much!!
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    I made homemade chicken noodle soup last night.

I was planning on bringing leftovers in my lunch, but my fiance apparently decided that he needed the whole bowl to himself for lunch. It was one of those 7 cup rubbermaid containers and it was almost full. :#
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Chicken parmesan... Yum
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Last night's dinner: Broiled lemon pepper fresh cod with pasta-veggie salad. Back from various travels, beginning summer regimen of "grilled stuff plus salads," but rain chased us inside and "grill" became "broil."

qz1yekdavpge.jpg
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    Last night:
    Homemade chicken burgers (chicken thigh, mushrooms, onion, spices, egg. In food processor then shaped into patties) over spinach-fennel-cuke salad (dressed in tahini mint dressing) with grilled pineapple. And avocado. And some hummus-y garbanzo purée because garbanzo obsession.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Chicken marinated in Tastefully Simple Tangy Thai sauce with mashed potatoes!
  • gvizzle74
    gvizzle74 Posts: 123 Member
    edited May 2019
    Sweet potato frittata with roasted red pepper sauce
    • 1 tbsp olive oil
    • 2 cloves garlic
    • 8 oz roasted red pepper
    • 2 tbsp dry roasted almonds, chopped
    1. Blend all of these with a little salt, pepper, and cayenne, in a food processor until smooth and set aside

• 2 cups baby spinach roughly chopped
    • 2 egg whites
    • 6 eggs
    • 2 tbsp milk
    • 400 grams sweet potato thinly sliced
    1. Cook sweet potatoes in boiling water for 4-5 minutes until soft, drain well
    2. Preheat oven to 400F
    3. Heat olive oil and add sweet potatoes, cook for a few minutes until soft and browned
    4. Add spinach and cook until wilted
    5. Season with salt and pepper
    6. Whisk eggs, egg whites, milk, salt and pepper (to taste) and pour over sweet potato/spinach
    7. Cook on the stovetop for a few minutes, move it around a bit, then finish in the oven until set in the middle (15-20 minutes)
    8. Serve with roasted red pepper sauce

Serves 4 @ 308 calories per serving
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    I made a batch of dutch bitterballen for the freezer that can be finished in the air fryer. These are a bar snack similar to croquettes but made of congealed beef stew that are liquid when you bite into a hot one. Normally they are rolled into balls but I saw a David Chang cooking show where he made something similar but cut into cubes from a tray of congealed hollandaise sauce. Had to try that with bitterballen and they looked super cute and were easier to coat in flour, egg and breadcrumbs too.
    tfcb1eq8fdo4.jpg
    uw2yd6wcsczb.jpeg

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    edited June 2019
    I have some cabbage that needs to get used up so I made vegetarian okonomiyaki. In addition to the cabbage, there was also a carrot, three cloves of local garlic, and the green part of one also local and fairly young walla walla onion. Part of today's farmers market haul.

Dessert will be a slice of earl grey swiss roll - also from farmers market.
  • acpgee
    Dinner party at my place last night and did my super quick and easy 3 course Italian menu that involves 30 minutes of cooking.
    Starter of bagna cauda is 5 minutes cooking plus washing and chopping up crudites in advance.
    https://www.bbc.com/food/recipes/bagnacauda_79923

Main of spaghetti carbonara takes 10 minutes to make while the pasta is boiling. I used duck prosciutto instead of bacon as one of the guests doesn't eat pork.
    https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2012/may/10/how-to-cook-perfect-spaghetti-carbonara

Dessert was dutch bitterkoekjes (similar to Italian amaretti biscuits but no liqueur in the batter) dipped into Amaretto. They take 15 minutes to make including 10 minutes in the oven. They use up the leftover egg whites generated by the cabonara
    https://www.24kitchen.nl/recepten/bitterkoekjes
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Last night I had a Cajun Basa Fillet, Mediterranean veg with a herby dressing, sweet corn and a slice of garlic bread. Only 386 calories!

zobdwk5qyafd.jpeg
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Grilled some hot Italian sausages, sautéed onions/peppers/mushrooms, made potato salad.
  • acpgee
    A batch of Umbrian chicken cacciatore, where two servings went into the freezer. We ate tonight's serving with baked potato and braised carrots and celery.
  • jessalittlemore
    jessalittlemore Posts: 65 Member
    Chicken avacado lettuce wrap "tacos". Pretty tasty!
  • waukenabogirl
    waukenabogirl Posts: 16 Member
    c3rgeerubiw1.jpeg
    This is Eggroll in a Bowl. I made it with ground pork, but it’s good all veggie. https://www.theseasonedmom.com/egg-roll-in-a-bowl/
  • aokoye
    Baked salmon marinated in a mixture of miso, mirin, grated ginger, and little bit of sesame oil. I baked it on a cast iron grill pan which I had preheated in the oven for half an hour or so, which ended up working out very well. I also made roasted artichoke for the first time and put a small yam in as well. One of the farmers I prefer to get vegetables from at farmers market had really nice looking young artichokes and thus I gave in despite my almost never eating artichokes. I'm glad I did though because they were great.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    edited June 2019
    The NY Times peanut bbq sauce recipe! Onion sautéed in canola oil, add tomato paste, add soy sauce, vinegar, worcestshire, brown sugar, molasses, creamy peanut butter, cayenne, smoked paprika, salt and pepper, then a splash of water. Simmer till thickened!
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Grill-and-salads season rolls on: grilled london broil, grilled asparagus, French-style Dijon redskinned potato salad, Carolina-style vinegar slaw (red cabbage), tomato-and-veg chop salad. This was actually Sunday's dinner. I'm behind in my MFP calcs, but my presumption is the veg load here moderates the total calories somewhat. Spent Monday cycling any excess off, anyway.

s3z0xbn2bt45.jpg

• aokoye
    Vegetable stir-fry with the rest of the cabbage that needed to be used, two onions from farmers market), mushrooms, carrots, broccoli, and garlic (also from farmers market). Made a sauce from gochujang, garlic chili sauce, hosin, sesame oil, and a little soy sauce.

I ate it with butternut squash "noodles" thought I bought earlier this week. I'm far from impressed with the individual product and don't really understand the appeal now that I've had them (note - I love butternut squash).

Don't get me wrong, the stirfry tasted great and it wasn't the squash wasn't a bad addition, but it'd be tastier to cube and roast it.
  • aokoye
    s32q33giqb61.jpg
    Not a meal, but close enough. The same pita recipe I made last month, but I rolled the dough out thinner. It made all the difference with regards to them forming a pocket. I also added enough salt and halved the recipe.

Next time I'm going to make six instead of four and see if a smaller diameter with the same thickness makes it easier to flip them without deflating them.