• sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Came in here to post this link:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html

Realized that I posted it above, 3 months ago. :laugh: At least I'm consistent I guess.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I looked at these responses because I am a 49 yr old woman eating 1200 calories per day, more to make up for exercise and I lost 10 pounds the first 2 weeks and the last 3 weeks have not lost anything. It was recommended I switch up types of foods and exercises. That has not made any difference this past week. Why can't I lose even a pound??????

Are you using a food scale to weigh your food and measuring cups for free-pouring liquids? I'd recommend that you take time to read through all the links posted on this thread.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Possibly you're not eating enough? What's your BMR, TDEE, body fat %?

THIS!

please go to the IPOARM boards, you can NET 1200( which is still pretty low) but you must Consume more to lose weight
    the short story is ,
    last year ugga was part of a group- and he ate good and didnt have any shortages- so he stored fat. a lot of fat, ugga is a fat caveman-
    now ugga offended that group - and he is on his own
    ugga is a bad forager, terrible fisherperson and awful hunter,
    he only gets 600 calories a day, to save his life his body slows down his burn ,
    and hangs onto his stored fat, since if he didn't then he would DIE!
    now, ugga finally figures things out, and
    learns how to forage, or maybe summer has come on
    and the fruit is ripe and so he can eat a bit more
    so now ugga eats 1700 calories a day, but he is still walking looking for a group to join
    but, he is going to trim up , his machine now has enough fuel
    and can "let go" of some of the stored fat...

thats IPOARM in a nutshell
    starvation is not the answer.
    never has been

oh , as for ugga, he lost his weight , started lifting rocks, and now looks like dwayne johnson, he found a new group and the ladies love him..
  • KyliAnne26
    KyliAnne26 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8017-in-place-of-a-road-map

Please start here. This will explain it all.

^ This, read all of it! You are probably stalled due to your low caloric intake. Eat back your exercise calories.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Try THE PLAN by Lyn Genet diet. Lots of reviews on Amazon, online, and Dr. Oz.

No, do this instead

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/952996-level-obstacles-lose-weight-target-fat-easy
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I'll say if you do that much exercise, you may be gaining muscles. I'll be focusing on body fat if I were you and what your photos say more than the scales. The scales don't often show the true picture

Netting 600 calories is not enough to build muscle. This high of a deficit will cause the body to LOSE muscle.

OP, eat more. You are not consuming enough for just daily living let alone with that much exercise.
  • AlmightyTwitch87
    Options
    I had the same problem this week, in fact I actually gained weight instead of losing. It's heartbreaking to put so much work in and not see results! Hope it works out for you!
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    My BMR was like 1292 and the TDEE was 2234 something like that.

Try TDEE - 20%, so around 1800cals should be good for you
    This. When I started exercising more, I didn't up my calories, and my weight loss slowed. Now that I'm eating more, the weight is coming off quicker.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    an update from the OP would be interesting.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    This whole starvation mode thing is a load of BS. So for anyone reading this thread down the track, read this: https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/

SIX YEAR OLD THREAD.

Maybe start your own thread if you want to argue this point.

Better yet, let's not argue this point. Again. For the two millionth time. This month.

Amen
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,028 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    This whole starvation mode thing is a load of BS. So for anyone reading this thread down the track, read this: https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/

SIX YEAR OLD THREAD.

Better yet, let's not argue this point. Again. For the two millionth time. This month.

And it's only June 4th :lol:

Exactly!

That is a good article Gretchen linked, though. There are a lot of links enclosed and a lot of good info.

So not all is lost on the six year old thread.
  • loralenoxx
    loralenoxx Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Haven't you heard? Keto is out. And starvation mode is back in.
    Yay!
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options

SIX YEAR OLD THREAD.

Wait till the end of July and the beginning of August, when lots of people are on vacation and new posts are just trickling in. We could be headed for a zombie apocolypse :o
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »

SIX YEAR OLD THREAD.

Wait till the end of July and the beginning of August, when lots of people are on vacation and new posts are just trickling in. We could be headed for a zombie apocolypse :o

I've been around for a few ;)
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    idckma0ep90s.png
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    snowmanluv wrote: »
    Try THE PLAN by Lyn Genet diet. Lots of reviews on Amazon, online, and Dr. Oz.

It's more likely this. How are you measuring food and exercise? Do you weigh everything with a digital scale in grams, or do you eyeball and/or use cups and spoonfuls? Are you including drinks as well as food? Water is calorie free but most other drinks have calories.

If you're using a Fitbit, be aware that the calorie burn might be a bit high (my experience). If not, how are you measuring your exercise?

In any case, your goals are too strict to be sustainable. At your weight, you should be aiming for a deficit of 500 calories max, and be eating back your exercise calories.