Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

The most polarizing food: where do you stand?

Replies

• Allgaun
    Allgaun Posts: 221 Member
    edited June 2019
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    I've never heard of mayo on a hotdog.

Re ketchup: https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-1993-08-04-1993216204-story.html

I've never heard of mayo either. I always thought ketchup and mustard was the standard hotdog topping everywhere.

Chicago is strongly against ketchup on hotdogs.

But Chicago eats that funky yellow mustard, NYC goes for the Golden's
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Allgaun wrote: »
    I've never heard of mayo on a hotdog.

Re ketchup: https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-1993-08-04-1993216204-story.html

I've never heard of mayo either. I always thought ketchup and mustard was the standard hotdog topping everywhere.

Chicago is strongly against ketchup on hotdogs.

But Chicago eats that funky yellow ketchup, NYC goes for the Golden's

Don’t forget the unnecessarily-green relish.
    hvfqp10osknz.jpeg
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    I’m wondering why people have to put additional dressings/toppings on everything and can’t just eat the food the way it comes.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    shaf238 wrote: »
    What about...

pepperoni-pineapple-jalapeno-pizza.jpg

Pineapple does not belong on pizza.

They say everyone is entitled to an opinion but...
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    By definition, cookies cannot be polarizing... Pancakes, on the other hand...
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,145 Member
    whmscll wrote: »
    I’m wondering why people have to put additional dressings/toppings on everything and can’t just eat the food the way it comes.

I just find most food way too bland without some flavor added—-salt, chile, dressing, sauce....I just need something there to make it pop!
  • confidenceinrain
    confidenceinrain Posts: 104 Member
    I LOVE the cookies in the OP, but now I live in the UK and they don't seem to really exist here.

Speaking of pineapple on pizza we are having pizza tonight, and it will be pepperoni, pineapple, and jalapeno like the photo: with the cheese already on it you get all the different taste areas, so good!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    COGypsy wrote: »
    What about...

Needs ranch. And probably tabasco....but mostly ranch.

I never knew people ruined pizza by dipping it in ranch before MFP. Blows my mind!
  • lemurcat2
    glassyo wrote: »
    What about...

I'm team pineapple. Need to lose the jalapenos tho.

Either is fine, but I've never tried them together on a pizza. Would be open to doing so, however.
  • lemurcat2
    edited June 2019
    By definition, cookies cannot be polarizing... Pancakes, on the other hand...

How are pancakes polarizing? (I want to learn!)

Chili, BBQ -- polarizing.

Also, although I like Chicago style hotdogs better than other hotdogs (and no ketchup, although I'd go mustard (which can be brown), onions, and non sweet relish (I hate sweet relish), and will have the pickle on the side. No celery salt for me. I do like giardiniera, which is sometimes available and good on almost everything (not pizza or ice cream).

However, I will admit that I would almost always choose a brat over any hotdog.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,145 Member
    COGypsy wrote: »
    What about...

Needs ranch. And probably tabasco....but mostly ranch.

I never knew people ruined pizza by dipping it in ranch before MFP. Blows my mind!

Ha! I'm a recovering Texan......ranch is basically a food group down there. I don't usually eat ranch on pizza the first day I have it. I live alone, so ordering pizza is basically food for the week. Ranch helps leftovers tremendously.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Blech! 😝
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    What about...

Man, you're asking for trouble on this one
    hkl356pdi5na.png

I never claimed to be normal :yum: