Phrases that make you cringe!

Options

Replies

• your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    kds10 wrote: »
    Plus I hate the fact now that every time someone does something nice, it is expected that they will get accolades, etc. and it is like why not just do something nice move on...why does everyone have to make a big deal out of someone doing something nice. Social media has really increased this type of thing, secret video of someone doing something nice...wow that is wonderful...like really.

Yes. Just quietly do your good deed and keep your head down and hope nobody’s recording you.
  • kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Plus I hate the fact now that every time someone does something nice, it is expected that they will get accolades, etc. and it is like why not just do something nice move on...why does everyone have to make a big deal out of someone doing something nice. Social media has really increased this type of thing, secret video of someone doing something nice...wow that is wonderful...like really.

Yes. Just quietly do your good deed and keep your head down and hope nobody’s recording you.

Exactly, people have always done nice things just because...why does it have to be such a big deal? I look at my grandparents and they were in a farming community lots of nice things were done by everybody, but it was expected and that was that.

Plus I hate it when people will say, "aw, isn't that nice, restores my faith in humanity"...oh please, people have been doing nice things forever (and bad things too).
  • your_future_ex_wife
    edited June 2019
    Options

Exactly, people have always done nice things just because...why does it have to be such a big deal? I look at my grandparents and they were in a farming community lots of nice things were done by everybody, but it was expected and that was that.

Plus I hate it when people will say, "aw, isn't that nice, restores my faith in humanity"...oh please, people have been doing nice things forever (and bad things too).

😂 yes, it’s a tired old chestnut.

Unfortunately bad news is ubiquitous and I guess it gives a skewed view of the world. There’s a lot of bad and there’s a lot of good. It’s sad to me that people need their faith restored, but if they mean it sincerely rather than just using a worn out phrase then I’m glad for them.

ETA: there is also the religious idea of spurring one another on to love and good deeds so maybe I’m just being cranky and uncharitable. That happens from time to time.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    "this place sucks now!"

😁 But I so love hearing stories about ye olden mfp days when everything was beautiful and bright.
  • arkaycee
    arkaycee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    "I didn't come here to lose." -- in every. single. competition. it seems like at least one person interviewed has to say it And no correlation as to whether they actually win.
  • floofyschmoofer
    floofyschmoofer Posts: 209 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    ce02bd3744249c98599a063c26b0ed78.jpg
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    I have gay/black/muslim/etc friends! I can't be ____ist/___phobic!

Yep.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    What has it got in its pocketses?
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    "Are we there yet "

Welll.....ARE WE?!?!
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member