TEAM PURPLE! *Lose 10lbs in August*

Options

Replies

• SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkN3SRxwQ0EIdHVRUnZKaW1vSkJjMXhvbUMzNFNISnc&hl=en_US#

The spread sheet is updated :)

I'm expecting a few more people to weigh in today. I will post the totals this evening. Great job Everyone!!!
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Sun / exercise~ 45min / cal burn~ 213 / water~ 72 ozs / cal goal~*1310*/ net~1113
    Mon / exercise~50min / cal burn~ 546 / water~ 72ozs / cal goal~ *1310*/ net~ 1109
  • WendyTricia
    Options
    I am on and ready!! This is great!!
  • zukekitty
    zukekitty Posts: 185
    Options
    NSV yesterday: I can take my wedding ring off without lubrication :)
  • xMissAprilx
    xMissAprilx Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I disappeared last week and didnt even see the challenge. It was my bday & two of my best friends. I gained 5lbs in 6 days. I was told it was most likely water weight & if I drank plenty of water it would go away. Well...2lbs down so far and hopefully at least one more in the morning. I'm back on track now though. Sorry for not keeping up with things last week.
  • tiabirdie56
    Options
    Good morning.

I really don't like being under my calorie goal. It's difficult sometimes eating back all of the calories I burned when I have to eat dinner late in the evening.
    It's been unusually crazy at work and I'm not able to eat a real lunch. I've been eating a big breakfast and using fresh fruit, nuts, dried fruit, cottage cheese, vegetables, protein bars and protein shakes as snack meals during the day. It's been working, but I have no time to cook fresh meals in the evening. I get home, change clothes and head to the gym or workout with the equipment I have at the house. I also had no time to market last week, so that is one of my priorities this week. Gotta come up with a plan this weekend to allot time for cooking and the heavier house cleaning in the morning before going to work so that everything is not pushed into Sunday. Thanks for allowing me to vent what's on my mind. This is MUCH better than talking to myself! hahaha

Well, time to get going. Have a great day Reigners!

Tish

Sun / exercise~ 45min / cal burn~ 213 / water~ 72 ozs / cal goal~*1310*/ net~1113
    Mon / exercise~50min / cal burn~ 546 / water~ 72ozs / cal goal~ *1310*/ net~ 1109
    Tue / exercise~ 53min / cal burn~ 600 / water~ 80 ozs / cal goal~*1310*/ net~1111

~xMissAprilx~ Happy Birthday!
  • tiabirdie56
    Options
    Tue / exercise~ 53min / cal burn~ 600 / water~ 80 ozs / cal goal~*1310*/ net~1111
    Wed / exercise~ rest / water~ 80 ozs / cal goal~*1310*/ net~ 1299
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    Let's see so far this week I have done okay challenge wise

Mon: 45 mins cardio (25 mins c25k 20 mins Zumba) 318 cals burned, 1468/1684 calories, and 8 cups of water

Tues: started ufc trainer but stopped because I literally felt like I was going to throw up :(, 1089/1200 calories, and 5 cups of water (had a bad day diet/fitness wise:(

Wed: 85 mins cardio (45 mins Zumba, 40 mins c25k) 675 calories burned, 1722/1875 calories, and 9 cups of water :D

Thurs: I am getting a slow start on water but I have Zumba to do and a lot of cleaning so I am going to try my best to get in all my water today.

After last weeks disapointing weigh in I am looking foward to weigh in tomorrow :)
  • zukekitty
    Options
    Sorry team. Been out of commission yesterday and today. Strained my back Tuesday. Was meeting all goals until yesterday though. Hoping I'll be back at it tomorrow.
    Gotta come up with a plan this weekend to allot time for cooking and the heavier house cleaning in the morning before going to work so that everything is not pushed into Sunday. Thanks for allowing me to vent what's on my mind. This is MUCH better than talking to myself! hahaha

When I was working I used to make a big pot of soup either on Sunday or one night during the week. It's quick to put together, then just let it simmer and cool. I would put individual servings in plastic containers and freeze. Then you can just pop one in the microwave for a few minutes. The Southbeach Cookbooks have some really good recipes.
  • tiabirdie56
    Options
    ~zukekitty~ So sorry to hear that you strained your back. I hope you're back on your game soon!

Thanks so much for the soup idea. I usually do that in late autumn and winter. It's too hot to offer good hearty soups and stews to my family right now. I just need to do some grocery shopping and replenish the fresh foods and restock my freezer. This weekend :happy:
  • zukekitty
    Options
    Good point. I keep forgetting it's still summer. Wishful thinking on my part. I planned to make a dinner the other night that had to go in the oven. What was I thinking? (sitting here sweating even with the air conditioning)
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    It's that time again :)

I'll look for your #'s to come in and remember we're going to push on till the 31st!! So if you're almost there -- you've still got another couple of days.

I've gotta ask for a couple of people to step forward to help be team captains. I've seen several people in here that I think would do an amazing job!!! The group started off with approx 150 ppl -- I think we have nearly 60 of them still active.

Thanks guys!!

:flowerforyou:
    SommerJo
  • Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I will weigh in in the morning but I was measured tonight after 12 days (had to be measured early because My handy measurer is going out of town tomorrow) and I got my most surprising NSV - wow I lost 2.5 inches off my hips.. WOO HOO!!!

Totals for the week...
    Minimum Water goal met everyday
    Worked out 264 minutes for an average of 37.7 over 7 days (It was the first week of school and my students wore me out everyday I couldn't muster the strength to work out after work!)
    I was under my calorie goal every day!

SommerJo - I would be interested in being a team captain IF the teams are smaller... I didn't really get to know anybody too well because we were such a big group and I only talked to them on this post. I would like to get to know my teammates next month :D I'll send you my official weight in the morning (I'm a daily weigher so I already have an idea of what it will be so I can't wait!)
  • smknitter
    smknitter Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I need to express my frustration with this week. I am committed to logging in and doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, but I feel like catching this end of summer cold has tanked the work that I did the last couple of weeks. So between that and the new scale which gave me four extra pounds after I opened the box, I am not looking forward to tomorrow.

NSV for this week is that my pants are just a little looser, that's nice. So anyone looking for an at home workout I highly enjoy the Jillian Michaels DVD.

Thanks for listening.
  • tiabirdie56
    Options
    Thu /exercise~42 min / cal burn~ 494 / water~ 80 ozs / cal goal~*1310*/ net~ 1004
  • tiabirdie56
    Options
    Thu /exercise~42 min / cal burn~ 494 / water~ 80 ozs / cal goal~*1310*/ net~ 1004
  • Terri_39
    Terri_39 Posts: 122
    Options
    Ok Sunday 30 minutes, burned 150 Calories
    Monday 71 minutes, burned 358 calories
    Tuesday 0
    Wednesday 71 minutes 368 calories
    Thursday 61 Minutes 358 Calories

Weight is still the same....eerr!
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    IN YO FACE SCALE!!! Lost 2.5 pounds this week!! To make myself feel better about my.5 lost last week I'm going with my body wasn't use to having water so it was hoarding it, but is okay know becasue it has realized I will give it it's water. :) Challenge results to come later.
  • Rabbittrax
    Options
    Another pound gone.....this morning's weight is 220!
  • sheBB
    sheBB Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Weighin- 188 lbs, down 1.8 lbs, from last week.
    Mini challenge as follows:

****45 min of exercise daily -- or 500 calories burned ***......DONE
    ***8 glasses of water 7/7days -- (minimum of 448 oz or 13L)***DONE
    ***Stay AT/UNDER recommended daily calorie intake*** DONE
    ***Report 1 "non-scale victory" (NSV) to your captain for August**** DONE

Have a great weekend everyone!!!