JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    The day is almost gone and I forgot to post JFT but I did pretrack. Will post tomorrow.
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT 6/9 Recap

Ice skating with my son :)
    30 minute run :)
    drink water as needed :)
    lunch & dinner at home :)
    laundry/prep for week :)
    Healthy Choices :)

Did not stay under calorie goal but had a great day with my son. We went to the gym, went swimming, and then went ice skating together. Had a great day and got lots of calories burned in fun ways. Feeling even a little more myself. Definitely ready to tackle the week (tomorrow) but today is definitely for decompressing and fun.
  • korina75
    Options
    @aubyshortcake I know, it's so so stressful, even in the best of circumstances. Hugs sweetie. It'll work out in the end! Sorry your parents couldn't help. I'm sure they wanted to!

@Snowflake1968 Sorry your day with hubby started stressful. Marriage can be so tough sometimes. I'm glad you got though a project together though! Hubby and I had a bit of spell this weekend too bc I am not easy to be around when my Dad comes to visit.
    Hope you get some time to rest too!

@PackerFanInGB I did decluttering a few months ago-it was awesome! We had an organizer come in and do our kitchen/pantry last year and it really is lifechanging. I was already on my path of weight loss so I don't really connect the two but it has been so relaxing to know where everything is, and it helps me pick up quickly and keep things in order. We did the rest of our house on our own but still have more to do (the garage and attic).
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,336 Member
    Options

@PackerFanInGB I did decluttering a few months ago-it was awesome! We had an organizer come in and do our kitchen/pantry last year and it really is lifechanging. I was already on my path of weight loss so I don't really connect the two but it has been so relaxing to know where everything is, and it helps me pick up quickly and keep things in order. We did the rest of our house on our own but still have more to do (the garage and attic).

@korina75 That would be fantastic to have someone come in and do the kitchen! I think this is going to be a never-ending project for me! My husband is not on the same page so undoes everything I do. Ugh. But it sure feels good while it’s organized! 😊
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Sunday, June 9, 2019
    Log Accurately :)
    60 minute intentional walking :)
    Grocery store :)
    Meal Prep :)
    Pick things up around house :)
    Stretches/weights :(

Got a bit distracted today cleaning out clothes. Tried on a bunch of stuff. What didn't fit (with too big or just doesn't work for me. I have way more clothes than any one person needs. Part of it is I have a work wardrobe and a non-work one. Also, have a tendency to do retail therapy since my husband died.

I have been working on decluttering--it does help psychologically to get rid of the stuff. I will admit, it is a bit easier to do when it is just you (my husband was a packrat with everything!)

Monday, June 10, 2019
    Log Accurately
    60 minute intentional walking
    Productive day at work
    Pack up clothes for Goodwill

Have a good rest all.

Ginny in Ohio
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,210 Member
    Options
    Sunday
    1. go to the gym :)
    2. red cup challenge :)
    3. mindful eating >:):'( A w eak moment at the grocery store, and really wanted ice cream. So I bought a box of "skinny cow" carmel nut ice cream things. Do you know how small those things are!!! Well... I ended up eating FIVE of them.
    4. clean house :)

I am so far behind again reading posts, so I have to work better at the june challenge. Total failure this weekend on that challenge, b ut monday is a new day!
    JFT, MOn
    1. go to the gym
    2. mindful eating
    3. concentrate on water = get out that red cup!
    4. log all food

I saw this on facebook, and thought to myself how true! I know I tend to eat more when I am tired and stressed, and also when I don't drink enough water.

8 bad habits that kill your metabolism

1. skipping breakfast

2. eating the wrong breakfast.

3. Sitting too much

4. Neglecting strength training

5. not getting enough protein

6. not getting enough sleep

7. not drinking enough water

8. stressing out
  • jacqui2494
    jacqui2494 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    @ZizzyBumble @Snowflake1968 My daughter had a girl. Both doing well. They are a two hour flight away and I am going back for a few days on Thursday. It is my first "birth" grandchild having 3 grandkids from my step kids. I never call them my step kids as I have been Mum for 35 years.

I went for a two hour bike ride. What fun! I try to go every week but life has gotten in the way at times. I have tried successfully to stay in the green, even after such a ride, but today I could eat a horse and chase the rider. It will be a challenge to stay in the green today. :'(

Commitments for Monday

1. Log everything
    2. Go to gym and do the 30 min HIIT cycle class
    3. Stay for the first yoga session in decades :s
    4. Eat more vegetables
    5. Never give up o:)

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,761 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 - I used to but the 100 calorie bags of Doritos, it didn’t take me long to realize that the bags sizes were unsatisfying and I would end up eating more calories than if I had just eaten the regular size bag.

The element went in our oven today, this sucks since I was planning on a frozen lasagna for supper Tuesday night and I won’t have money until next week to fix it. However, it is keeping me from making one of my favourite night time snacks tonight that I really don’t have calories for anyway.

• daubna08
    daubna08 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    JFT 6/10 Commitments
    1. Log everything
    2. Go to exercise class in the AM before work
    3. Drink at least 100 oz of water
    4. Eat under calorie goal
    5. Walk the dog after work
    6. No soda

Happy Monday! 💪🏻🤗☕️
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Well, didn't have such a good weekend food wise and as a result my weight is back up, not too far from how I started the year in January. It's annoying but I will just have to deal with it and keep trying! The exam is over now so I can't use that as an excuse for overeating anymore. Back to healthier habits!

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 3+ bottles water
    - No alcohol

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- Read response cards x2
    - Meditate
    - Finish work by 6.30pm latest
    - Get stuff ready for running
    - Send email about my bday
    - Check out next French class
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

Weekly calorie balance: 0

June challenge (Logging/ Meditation): Not really done well on this so far, so will start tracking this from today.

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,079 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 - I used to but the 100 calorie bags of Doritos, it didn’t take me long to realize that the bags sizes were unsatisfying and I would end up eating more calories than if I had just eaten the regular size bag.

The element went in our oven today, this sucks since I was planning on a frozen lasagna for supper Tuesday night and I won’t have money until next week to fix it. However, it is keeping me from making one of my favourite night time snacks tonight that I really don’t have calories for anyway.

Lol how weird, mine went on Friday. But ive only had it 3 months so its getting fixed for free under warranty. Bit miffed that it conked out so soon after buying it though...

Fortunately the grill still works as its separate, so far weve had curry and rice (both using pans) annnd sauage mash and gravy (used the grill)
    Just dont know what ro make tonight..
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    daneejela wrote: »
    JFT:
    - prepare new version for tomorrow :)
    - call sister :)
    - be moderate with food :)

JFT:
    - fix newly reported problems
    - be moderate with food
    - make some hummus for the week
    - take a walk
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

JFT 10th June

Eat sensibly, no snacks
    Back exercises
    Make physio appointment (surgery couldn't help, have to phone)
    Visit parents
    Tidy garden, find somewhere to put tomato plants
    Housework
    Big pile of ironing
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Monday 10 June

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge

I'm taking my parents shopping and we will be out a lunchtime and I will need to be careful what I choose! I am not sure what the options will be as I don't normally eat in the shopping centre but it's already 11:00. Parents are not ready to leave yet and may want coffee first. We then have half an hour travel and mum has to have half an hour registration/tuition on the mobility scooter I've arranged for her.
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food
    2. Despite event tonight, eat as healthy as possible
    3. Home early from work, get cleaning done. Don’t sit around and snack
    4. Drink 100oz water
    5. Meditate
  • korina75
    Options

@korina75 That would be fantastic to have someone come in and do the kitchen! I think this is going to be a never-ending project for me! My husband is not on the same page so undoes everything I do. Ugh. But it sure feels good while it’s organized! 😊

I bet your husband would be on board if you paid an organizer a few thousand dollars! :D She also did our basement and then gave us a list of how to do the rest of the house but yea. She was not cheap so therefore everyone has abided by her very expensive rules.... :D

• korina75
    Options
    JFT 6/10

Make Healthy Choices
    4 Veg/2 Fruit
    Drink water
    30 minutes yoga/strength
    Catch up on to do list
    5 minute meditation

Glad to be back to normal today. Last week of school for the kids, husband and I made up (we were tense after my Dad's visit), and though I have some not fun work stuff to handle it'll get done and things should slow down a little.
    I have painters coming the first week of July so my next big home project will be to get the kids rooms de cluttered and cleaned out so we can move the furniture for painting. New furniture for my daughter, my Son doesn't want his room painted. We'll work on that this long weekend (letting the kids skip the last two days bc it's really useless). Maybe even go buy her new furniture this weekend! Very fun stuff to look forward to.

My goal for today-
  • korina75
    Options
    Oops! MY goal for today is to smile, breathe, and be thankful. :)
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Yet again the Queen of Punctuality (haha not) is running late so I'll be quick!

@Snowflake1968 @korina75 thank you again for the support! I feel bad, I think my mom feels guilty that they're not able to help and I do NOT want her to feel that way. The fact that they even offered was beyond generous and I hope she isn't worrying about it.

This week I WILL CRUSH these goals. NO MORE of this drowning my stress in food!

Yesterday 6/9:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😞
    3. Look into traffic course for my ticket, deadline is approaching!😞
    4. Get a minimum of 6,000 steps😑 almost
    5. Put away laundry😞
    6. Do workout😁

JFT 6/10:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Look into traffic course for my ticket, deadline is approaching!
    4. Go for a walk at lunch
    5. Put away laundry
    6. Cook dinner