JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    @bookmeister86 - I feel you on the alcohol. How is it that there are a billion easily-available flavors of booze and yet when it comes to soft drinks it's Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, maybe Mello Yello and occasionally root beer? (Or, Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, 7Up... ;D)

It's annoying isn't it! Most pubs in the UK only really have Diet Coke if you want a low or no calorie soft drink, which doesn't work for me as I don't want to drink caffeine in the evenings (bad idea). But the pub I went to yesterday had a diet ginger beer which was very tasty and caffeine-free!

Have you tried Seedlip and low cal tonic? Seedlip is calorie free and is my choice when gin and tonic is not an option (calories or alcoholic content). I dont like coke much so my non alcoholic drinks have to be lime and soda or sparking water. It will cost about the same as a gin and tonic though.

I had not heard of seedlip but it looks good! I suspect that it won't often be available in pubs but I will definitely keep an eye out for it. I do sometimes have tonic water by itself as well, I quite like that but it gets boring after a while!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    Meeting with new therapist today. Well, I met with him as part of hubby's session, but this will be my first time alone. It's kind of intimidating because I know Mike outside of this. I've ridden bikes with him in the past. I'd usually not do this, but I felt comfortable with him last time. I hope he doesn't think less of me because of this. I think I'm more nervous that one of the ladies that works in the office is the mother of one of my daughter's friends. Its very awkward and quite frankly terrifying, but I don't think she reads the charts. I hope this ends up being a good fit because I don't think I can tell my background story too many more times without just breaking inside.

He will certainly not think less of you! Would you think less of him if it was the other way round? Its hard not to have those thoughts when youre the one whos struggling!

Theres is no shame in struggling, and no shame im asking for help and getting it!
    Youre standing up and fighting your demons!

You know when i have post natal depression, it was TERRIFYING to tell the Dr. "Oh hey, i feel really *kitten* and hate my baby."
    I told them i must be a terrible mum and would they take my baby away.

The Dr smiled. She said, that me having the courage to get to the Drs and ask for help, just shows that I AM a good mum because i wsnt to make myself better so i CAN love my baby, i want to be the best i can"
    From there i had CBT. She made me fill in a chart, in the first column it was an activity i was dreading and how i felt about it.

So for example "Going to toddler group" i felt anxious, sick, felt that other mums would judge me and not speak to me, that the baby would go off on one and i wouldnt be able to handle it"
    Then the scary part, i had to actually GO to this group. And afterwards write how i felt.
    And basically everything i wrote in my first column got proved wrong. They did speak to me, they were nice, they didnt judge and the baby DID go off on one but i did handle it!

And i soon realised my thoughts were the ones that were limiting me, they were ridiculous!

Now i have no idea about your background and i wouldnt even ask, thats your business and it clearly affects you alot!

I hope he is a good fit, maybe having some common background together might help!
    I hope it goes well today!

I hope what i said helps.. maybe it doesnt lol! Thinking of you anyway xx it wont be as scary as youre thinking! Xx
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    I'm here, 116 posts behind.

JFT: Try to mentally work out all the issues! I'm living in a house that isn't complete, my kids are out of control and my marriage counselor told me I have two options: continue to live in misery with intermittent moments of happiness bc my husband is unwilling to work on things or concede to separation. Needless to say, I'm broken emotionally and cannot physically pull myself up. I'm going to need some time to just aquire strength again.

❤ Miss you gals, stay strong!!

Oh @MLHC1! Big big hugs!! I wish I had the words for you but I am sending love and strength to you. Come back and vent/share/cry if and when you need or want to. X
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options

JFT: Try to mentally work out all the issues! I'm living in a house that isn't complete, my kids are out of control and my marriage counselor told me I have two options: continue to live in misery with intermittent moments of happiness bc my husband is unwilling to work on things or concede to separation. Needless to say, I'm broken emotionally and cannot physically pull myself up. I'm going to need some time to just aquire strength again.

:( why is your husband not trying to work on things? Xxxx
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    @MLHC1 My heart is just breaking for you. I'm so sorry lovely. I just want to hug you!!

@nlmackey98 I agree with Bex. Seeking help is a huge step. And Mike is a counselor by trade right? Then he'll be happy to see you because not only are you giving him business but you are trusting him to help you. He will definitely not look down on you because he wants to help you. I have found that counselor's just want you to be happy. Good luck at the appt!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    My last post is like 4 pages back. Lol. I did a lot today so I'll only add what I have left to do. Lol.

-Fold clothes
    -Cook dinner
    -Wash dinner dishes
    -Bed prep at 9
    -Lights out at 10(the latest)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options

Oh, hugs dear friend. I am so so sorry you have to go through all of this. You have so much on your plate. this is certainly not something you need is marriage problems, and worse yet, a partner that is not willing to fight to keep it together. My son went through that a few years ago, and I know how hard it was for him. He finally left, and 3 years later, I have never seen him happier. Having been married for 44 years, I can't imagine the pain and hurt this must be for you. All I can say ... hugs.. and know we all love you on here. You are a very strong woman. No matter what you do, I hope you have peace and happiness.
  • mytime6630
    Options

Kaitlyn and I crafted up a storm from noon until 330am, we got so much accomplished. I am not going to post pictures until after the wedding because Lauryn is actually a member of MFP and I don't want her to see anything as we worked on the Bridal Party gifts. I love how they turned out though and can't wait to share. Kaitlyn left our house at 337am, I waited up for her to text me that she was home safe and sound and then I went to bed. I slept from about 430 to 845 and then walked over to the interview.
    I think this job would be right up my alley, it's about a 10 minute walk, in the right shoes. In my dress shoes it was about 12 on the way there and on the way back about 22 because I got a blister. :( I had originally applied for the Office Coordinator position but when they called me on Friday told me it would be for the Admin Assistant position. Today when I got there I found out I was interviewing for the Coordinator position after all. I think one thing that might set me apart from others is that I know DOS. She said that some of the younger people don't even know what that is, but some of their programs are still DOS based.

I came home from the interview made a tea and some toast and eggs, but think I'm going to go for a nap. I'm tired and the kids come tonight for supper. I may just curl up on the couch so that I get some rest, but my body won't think it's bedtime.

Did I read that right ... 3:30 am!! And then you walked to a job interview!!!!!!!
    Is this the weekend of the wedding? I am so anxious to see pictures! We are all sharing your excitement on here!
    and good luck with the job interview! I know the right job will come along. It is hard to find someone who knows DOS .. that was how I was able to get my job years ago. So hoping this will be the one you have been waiting for!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »

Kaitlyn and I crafted up a storm from noon until 330am, we got so much accomplished. I am not going to post pictures until after the wedding because Lauryn is actually a member of MFP and I don't want her to see anything as we worked on the Bridal Party gifts. I love how they turned out though and can't wait to share. Kaitlyn left our house at 337am, I waited up for her to text me that she was home safe and sound and then I went to bed. I slept from about 430 to 845 and then walked over to the interview.
    I think this job would be right up my alley, it's about a 10 minute walk, in the right shoes. In my dress shoes it was about 12 on the way there and on the way back about 22 because I got a blister. :( I had originally applied for the Office Coordinator position but when they called me on Friday told me it would be for the Admin Assistant position. Today when I got there I found out I was interviewing for the Coordinator position after all. I think one thing that might set me apart from others is that I know DOS. She said that some of the younger people don't even know what that is, but some of their programs are still DOS based.

I came home from the interview made a tea and some toast and eggs, but think I'm going to go for a nap. I'm tired and the kids come tonight for supper. I may just curl up on the couch so that I get some rest, but my body won't think it's bedtime.

Did I read that right ... 3:30 am!! And then you walked to a job interview!!!!!!!
    Is this the weekend of the wedding? I am so anxious to see pictures! We are all sharing your excitement on here!
    and good luck with the job interview! I know the right job will come along. It is hard to find someone who knows DOS .. that was how I was able to get my job years ago. So hoping this will be the one you have been waiting for!

You did read that right. This is not the weekend of the wedding. The wedding is July 6. Kaitlyn only has 4bdays off between now and the wedding so we will probably have a few late nights in the next couple of weeks. Sunday night I am spending the night at here house to be there Monday to craft again. She will colour my hair for me Sunday night too.

• mytime6630
    Options

Yesterday started really rough, so I decided to leave work early and go for a bike ride. I realized when I got home that I had forgotten my morning meds which can account for some of the cruddy morning. Anyway, I changed, grabbed some water bottles and loaded up my bike, pump & shoes. My confidence, much like my speed, isn't what it used to be so I went to a bike trail rather than riding on the road. My plan was to ride easy and just try to take in the beauty around me. Unfortunately, that just isn't my thing. I like to ride hard and fast. It's very frustrating actually, because it's hard for me to push my body like I used to and with the extra weight and lack of time in the saddle my cadence and pace have dropped. None of this is surprising or really even that unusually, but it still kind of pisses me off. Still, I felt better after my ride. My plan was to ride 30 miles and I hoped to average over 15 mph. I did 22.55 miles and averaged 16 mph, that includes slow sections due to foot traffic on the trail. I would have ridden longer, but I didn't want to be late for dinner since the kiddo was cooking.

My mood is still in what I'd consider a normal range which is up from where it has been for a while now. I need to make this time for me in the midst of all the crazy things in my life. If I can just get the confidence back, I will be very happy. The speed will come later.

Meeting with new therapist today. Well, I met with him as part of hubby's session, but this will be my first time alone. It's kind of intimidating because I know Mike outside of this. I've ridden bikes with him in the past. I'd usually not do this, but I felt comfortable with him last time. I hope he doesn't think less of me because of this. I think I'm more nervous that one of the ladies that works in the office is the mother of one of my daughter's friends. Its very awkward and quite frankly terrifying, but I don't think she reads the charts. I hope this ends up being a good fit because I don't think I can tell my background story too many more times without just breaking inside.

Positive thought for the day: I have a family that supports me and loves me even when I don't deserve it. Actually, love is a gift that is granted, not something that can be earned.

Peace Y'all. Love Ya!

I have been so far behind in reading and replying to posts.. but I think of you so often. Anyhow who struggles with things from the past I hurt for. I see it in my own daughter, and it is hard to not know what to do or what to say. You are so very loved, and I hope the new therapist will know the right words to say to give you comfort. I am so proud of you for getting on that bike and getting outside. I know this is the one thing that helps my daughter, and helps me also ... to breathe the fresh air. As for the therapist ... no therapist would ever think less of you.. if anything, you have their admiration. It is hard to know when to reach out for help, and this is what he is there to do. And things like this are very confidential, so you should never have to worry about anything leaking out to your mother.
    But it is so important to find someone that you are comfortable with. Praying for comfort for you ... hugs.
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Stay within Calories :)
    Drink lots of water :)
    90 minutes exercise :)
    3 veg/2 fruit :)
    Limit social media during free time :)
    10 minute gratitude meditation :(
    Schedule therapy appt :(

Overall a good day but I have been so hungry today. I think maybe I didn't eat enough early in the day and now I really just want to binge. I'm resisting but it's not been easy! I have some extra calories but I am not really hungry-I just want to eat. I didn't make my appt but I'll just do it next week when I have more time. I don't know why I struggle with doing meditation. I think I'm not doing it right.

JFT goal for the rest of the night-No emotional eating! I am not hungry!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,326 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

I hope what i said helps.. maybe it doesnt lol! Thinking of you anyway xx it wont be as scary as youre thinking! Xx

@Bex953172 it really does help thank you.

@MLHC1 My heart is just breaking for you. I'm so sorry lovely. I just want to hug you!!

@nlmackey98 I agree with Bex. Seeking help is a huge step. And Mike is a counselor by trade right? Then he'll be happy to see you because not only are you giving him business but you are trusting him to help you. He will definitely not look down on you because he wants to help you. I have found that counselor's just want you to be happy. Good luck at the appt!

@HEGoddard0928 I truly trust that he has my well being foremost in this. I feel he genuinely likes me and wants me to help me be happy again.

@MLHC1 I wish I had the words to comfort you and I wish I could protect you from the pain, but I don’t and I can’t. What I can do is be here if you need to talk, and I can pray for you and your family. Love you sister.
  • daubna08
    daubna08 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday, 6/12
    1. Stay within calorie goal 🤗
    2. Work out before work 🤗 Got to the gym this AM again, 2nd time this week, felt great! I even threw in some squats after my cardio.
    3. At least 100 oz of water 🤗 120 oz!
    4. Productive day at work 🤗 Very! Had a meeting with some big wigs and I think I contributed with some valuable input.
    5. Fold and PUT AWAY laundry 😬 Nope, still in the dryer. Oops, guess that’s for tomorrow.
    6. Change lightbulb in bedroom that’s been out for a week 😬 Also moving to tomorrow...
    7. Take pup on a walk after work 😬 Skipped this too since it’s been raining all day here in WI. Pup hates the rain too! ☔️

Heading to bed soon, hubby works for the railroad and he’s closed to getting called so that helps me get to bed early too. 😁 Planning to get to the gym tomorrow morning too!

JFT 6/13
    1. Fold and put away laundry
    2. Change lightbulb
    3. Take pup on a walk
    4. Eat under calorie girl
    5. Drink 100 oz of water
    6. Eat less processed foods
    7. No soda
  • daubna08
    Options
    @korina75 You are stronger than your cravings! Remember your goals and why you want to reach them and drink some water. You got this!! 🤗
  • daubna08
    Options
    @dani_caylor I’m newer too here! Congrats on only eating 1 portion size of pasta bake. That must’ve been hard!! Yum! Yeah, it’s so hard to keep on track at fun events or getaways. I am such a social eater where I just keep grazing if it’s sitting there. I’ve been really trying to make better decisions though and keep my goal in mind! And to keep drinking water even when I’m doing fun stuff as it helps flush out the not-so-good decisions. Just try your best! 🤗
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options

Wednesday, June 12, 2019
    Log Accurately :)
    60 minutes intentional walking :)
    Productive day at work :)
    Pick up sparkling water :)
    Dishes :)
    Vacuum :/
    Bathroom :/

Thursday, June 13, 2019
    Log Accurately
    60 minutes intentional walking
    Productive day at work
    Vacuum
    Bathroom

Ended up tied up with work stuff until around 7, so didn't get everything done. Will finish chores tomorrow-tired tonight. Only got about 5 hours sleep last night. Going to try to do better tonight. Work tomorrow involves a couple of unpleasant duties, but it is what it is. I have to address some actions (if people do what they are supposed to, not need to have the discussions!)

Keeping all of you with struggles in prayers. Makes me thankful for my currently boring life, but I have been through the struggling times also.

Ginny in Ohio