JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    I'm here, 116 posts behind.

JFT: Try to mentally work out all the issues! I'm living in a house that isn't complete, my kids are out of control and my marriage counselor told me I have two options: continue to live in misery with intermittent moments of happiness bc my husband is unwilling to work on things or concede to separation. Needless to say, I'm broken emotionally and cannot physically pull myself up. I'm going to need some time to just aquire strength again.

❤ Miss you gals, stay strong!!

Oh sweetie, how horrible for you! I don't really know what to say, but I want to give you a massive hug. Keeping you and the entire family in my prayers! <3
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Wednesday June 11

Slept late as the phone rang twice in the middle of the night (no response when I answered it and not a number I know). Today I need to plan, shop for and cook a meal for my next door neighbours that will hopefully keep me in the green, no ideas at the moment and they do have preference for a sweet dessert!

Log accurately ;) tried my best but did not use the recipe builder so had to make a guess
    Try to stay in the green :) Good food choice of home made low fat mousakka, courgettes and summer pudding. It was the wine that put me over by a bit but not too much! :D
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge :)
    Feb challenge >:)
    Mar challenge :)
    Apr challenge :)
    May challenge :)
    Jun challenge ;)

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Running a bit late this morning. But already got my workout in so it's been a good start!

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan >:)I was really hungry due to tiredness and had more snacks than I intended to at the blood donation centre, plus then stole some of my boyfriend's pasta bake...
    - Stay within 200 calories of limit >:)More like 600
    - 4 bottles water :smile:
    - No alcohol :smile:

- No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite :neutral:
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts >:)
    - Give myself credit! :neutral:
    - Stay positive >:)Nope, was in a bad mood all day. But I do have PMT.

- 45+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - Read response cards x2 :smile:
    - Meditate :smile:
    - Leave work at 6pm :smile:
    - Send email about birthday :smile:
    - Check out French class :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green with 100+ deficit
    - 4 bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - Exercise DVD (already done)

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 1h lunch break
    - Read response cards x2
    - Meditate
    - Get outside for a walk (if not raining)
    - Duolingo
    - Finish work by 7pm
    - Book airport hotel
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

June challenge (Logging/ Meditation):

June 10th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 11th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 12th: :smiley::smiley:
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Thursday 13 June

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    So goals for today (Wednesday)
    June challenge 🙂
    4 waters🙂
    Be mindful of food!❌

So errr... June Challenge is to log the good bad and ugly right? Well yestsrday was uuuuuugly!
    I made tea and it was just chips and Maple BBQ pork steaks. They were rank.
    And after i ate it ,it was like id just eaten air! My partner said the same thing! We were still hungry!

So we had bacon, eggs, beans and toast... and then icecream... then a Mars bar.. OOPS lol!

Last week i did really well, had 1300 left over the week but only lost 0.25lbs?
    Do you reckon thags from the salt from the bacon?
    Or just the big *kitten* meal i had? LOL

Anyyyway, on to today!

- June Challenge
    - 4 waters
    - Clean up!
    - Exercise! (Must do this, i can still fix this week!)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    @nlmackey98 Was just thinking of your post yesterday about your cycling! You say you cant do it like you did before but 22.5 miles is damn good!
    Soooo, maybe instead of thinking what youre not achieving (and comparing to what you could do in the past) turn it into a goal! Work towards that stamina and distance again!

Theres a work out video i do, its 40 mins long. I have never completed it.
    Its has cardio then strength training, then cardio again, then strength, cardio, strength.

First time i did it, i lasted about 10 mins, so first lot of cardio and strength. By thd next week i did cardio strength cardio, the week after that i did the first two sets but lots of rest in the second strength. The next time i didnt get any further but didnt rest as much.
    I got better each time, then i got pregnant and when i tried again. I was right back to square one! Pretty annoying but im working hard to try get to that point again, i know i can do it because ive done it before. Im just gonna have to keep at it!

You were only 8 miles off your previous distance, and you only stopped to get back for dinner! So you can get back to how you were before! Keep at it!!

Also, how was your appt? Xxx
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food👍
    2. Drink 150oz water 👍
    3. Workout gym or home 👍
    4. Meditate 👍
    5. Healthy dinner despite having visitors 👍

JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food
    2. Company picnic. Don’t go crazy!
    3. Workout at home
    4. Meditate
    5. Drink 150oz water
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

@MLHC1 I am so sorry for the struggles you and your family are dealing with. Please come vent to us whenever you feel the need. Big hugs!!

@Snowflake1968 fingers crossed for you that you get the job!

@nlmackey98 sounds like this counselor could be really beneficial to you, I wish you the best of luck!

Yesterday I was still exhausted and had to work late, so I didn't get my workout in. I WILL do it today!

Yesterday 6/12:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😁 yessss
    3. Look into traffic course for my ticket, deadline is approaching!😞 No but leaving this here until I do so I don't forget!
    4. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    5. Workout after work😞

JFT 6/13:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Look into traffic course for my ticket, deadline is approaching! Leaving this here until I do so I don't forget!
    4. Go for a walk at lunch
    5. Workout after work
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Well, I gave in last night and had two bowls of cereal. But I think I actually was hungry. I did over two hours of exercise yesterday and didn't eat enough in the beginning of the day so by the end of the day I couldn't stop thinking about food. Lesson learned! Oh well! Onward!

JFT 6/13

30 minutes yoga/strength training
    Drink water
    No alcohol (4 day weekend starts today for husband and he is a trigger)
    Stay within calories
    All meals at home

Four day weekend for kids and husband start today. I have work to do still (realtor life) but not a whole lot until Saturday so I know it's going to be tempting to sit and have a drink with him later. I really want to stay within my calories though! I haven't lost any weight this week and in fact have gone up by almost a lb but I'm not sure why. I've been mostly staying within calories or under, even last night after eating was only over by a couple. I've been exercising every day and drinking lots of water. I am wondering if it's time to get a food scale, maybe my logging isn't as accurate as it should be? Going to think on that and possibly order one. Anyone have any experience using one? I usually use measuring cups for food, but I do sometimes guesstimate. I have a goal to get out of the 140's by the end of June and I'm so close but this week the scale is going in the wrong direction!

• korina75
    Options
    @Bex953172 That is sooo true! One of the most inspiring things I heard while starting my journey back to health was just do something. Everything counts and you can build up over time. So even if you just walk places at a quicker pace or run up the stairs, eventually you will get there and your goals will morph. I started by going to the gym and telling myself I would do 10 minutes, then 20 at least a few times a week and that was only in January and now I am going almost every day or doing something every day for at least 30 and I look forward to it! If you had told me that in January I would never have believed you.

@nlmackey98 You'll get there. If you can already do it it's not a goal! And try not to compare yourself to anyone, even former you. Life changes, things happen, and even though it's frustrating (my weight right now which is 25 lbs less than when I started losing weight would have been horrifying to 35 year old me). If you get caught up in that thinking then you'll never feel the price and accomplishment of today's you hitting goals. Hugs!
  • korina75
    Options
    @daubna08 Thank you! I think I actually was just hungry. I did a huge workout in the morning and didn't eat enough to fuel it. Lesson learned!
  • daubna08
    daubna08 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    @korina75 I know how that goes! I make that same mistake too often. Always think I’ll be fine and then regretting it at the gym. Have a strong day! 🤗
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Wednesday
    1. Comments. Continue literature review. COFFEE. Pack lunch and log it. Leave for park by 8:50.
    2. Work on lit review during breaks at park. NO EXTRA SNACKS. NO. Note - June 22 (Sat) arrive late; can work first week of July as needed.
    3. Create PPT for lit review. SUBMIT PROJECT.
    4. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    5. Therapy exercises at 9:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Alarm set for 6:00. Meeting 9:15 Friday. Next Monday is lunch with A; need to set time. Check on audition for MM.

JFT Thursday
    1. AM walk/run - 3 miles. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT.
    2. Type literature review. Leave for school by 10:00. Lifting. Pick up patch, ice cream, root beer. Check on khakis.
    3. Create powerpoints. Create evaluation. SUBMIT PROJECTS.
    4. Library? Mall? Take fabric to H&M?
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. Therapy exercises at 9:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Meeting 9:15 Friday. Next Monday is lunch with A; need to set time. Check on audition for MM.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 191.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Align assessments with OW units.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY. Upload summer project checklist July 1.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia???
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away.

WFTY: Climbing.
  • vermontrebecca6929
    vermontrebecca6929 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Wow I have been AWOL all week, maybe more. Just feeling lucky to have maintained. Resting my big toes is hard—I have not been doing other forms of exercise to compensate, instead just sleeping too much and up to a full choc bar a day in one sitting regardless of lack of pleasure...
    Goals:
    Log food and post on message board.
    Breathe more deeply and mindfully esp when anxiety creeps in about “have to’s”, “should’s” and urge to shut down.
    Get to gym first thing to do what I can w/o standing.
    Drink more water!
    best to all & thanks for posting
  • jessicastanfill
    jessicastanfill Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My commitments for today!

1. Stick to the food I planned to eat and log everything
    2. Do the workout I planned to do
    3. Drink 100oz of water
    4. If I look in the mirror I have to find at least one beautiful awesome thing I love about my body - fight that negative talk
    5. Continue to say no to alcohol and cigarettes. Not today!
    6. Rest when I need to rest, eat when I need to eat, drink when I need to drink, talk to a friend when I need comfort, take deep breaths—- listen to my body
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    I'm here, 116 posts behind.

JFT: Try to mentally work out all the issues! I'm living in a house that isn't complete, my kids are out of control and my marriage counselor told me I have two options: continue to live in misery with intermittent moments of happiness bc my husband is unwilling to work on things or concede to separation. Needless to say, I'm broken emotionally and cannot physically pull myself up. I'm going to need some time to just aquire strength again.

❤ Miss you gals, stay strong!!

I don't know all about your situation, but I would add that the counselor is not God, i.e., despite his/her professional knowledge he/she doesn't know everything and has only outsider view on your marriage. You are the only one who really knows how to be you inside your marriage. You have all the knowledge and you have the power (despite the fact that you might not feel that way at the moment).
    I like to believe that in most marriages there is room to make them better (except in the cases of violence and bullying, of course). What does that mean that your husband is unwilling to work on things? Maybe he is just not doing it in the way he/she expected? Maybe he just doesn't trust him/her that he/she would bring you to the right place. Have you ever asked him if he sees any alternative for you two?

Of course, if you feel like you've reached the end, I also believe that you are stronger than you think. We are here for you! Whatever path you take it's probably gonna be scary at first, but you'll be ok!
    Many times we are afraid to be single, but when I look around and back in my past, being single has also enormous potential. Sometimes people are less lonely when they are solo than within marriage.
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Last days I am not doing as much as I can weight-wise. I could eat less, I could move more. I haven't lost any weight recently.
    But, there is a thing I am very proud of - despite I am not doing perfectly, i.e. doing pretty far away from perfect, I haven't once fallen for that "day is ruined so I am going to just use it for binging". It might look small, but that gives me so much confidence that with time I could back to where I was 10 years ago when this was my default eating behavior (and when I was at my best weight).

@Snowflake1968
    What a wonderful thing to do - trying things that makes you scary! Such a great idea! I wasn't here when you started swimming, now I see that it's one of those things...how awesome you are!!

I am also scared to ride but at the same time I am amazed by it and I believe that it must be a wonderful thing to do.
    I am too big chicken to try it, but I am also inspired by what you did with swimming that I'm gonna do more of things that make me scared.
    Luckily, I don't have to go far to do so, it's enough to pick up a phone to face one of my fears, lol.
  • rhondamacleod1958
    rhondamacleod1958 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Just for Today - June 12th

- fast day will break at 1:30 pm :)
    - track all meals and activities :)
    - walk at lunch :)
    - no gym - early dinner :)
    - Prep Shepherd's Pie for dinner tomorrow :(
    - definitely need to get a handle on those weeds tonight! :)
    - MUST walk the pooches :)
    - Laundry - who needs to put that on a to do list?? ME! :)
    - prep and pack protein breakfast, lunch and snack. :)

Just for Today - June 13th

- extra fast day will break at 1:30 pm
    - no snacking
    - track all meals and activities
    - walk at lunch
    - Gym 5:30 pm
    - very light dinner
    - pick up items on grocery list
    - finish laundry and PUT THE DANG STUFF AWAY!
    - clean out fridge
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    JFT June 13

Stay with in calories
    Drink 110oz water
    Log everything

Baby steps this is my first day back- done with this extra weight. Gonna put in the time and get heather back !!!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    My last post is like 4 pages back. Lol. I did a lot today so I'll only add what I have left to do. Lol.

-Fold clothes😭
    -Cook dinner😁
    -Wash dinner dishes😭
    -Bed prep at 9😭
    -Lights out at 10(the latest)😭
    So...1 out of 5...hmmm...

It's all my friend's fault!! She has me reading an unfinished copy of her book and it was SO SO good. I got so sucked in that I couldn't put it down. I finished it at 1145 last night. Lol. My phone died about a minute later. I didn't even realize how low my battery was. But I started reading at around 4pm, read while I cooked dinner, and read all through the evening. It was just so so good!

But now I have to push all of those chores back to today but I'm also going or this afternoon 😂. I can't open my laptop at all until I finish what I have to do today. Not at all. Or I'll just get sucked in. Lol.

JFT, 6-13-19

1. June challenge
    2. Drink 3 bottles of water at school
    3. M's by 2:30
    4. Home by 5
    5. Dishes!
    6. Workout video
    7. FOLD THE DAMN CLOTHES!!
    8. Bed prep by 9
    9. Bed by 10