JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Thursday 13 June

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green >:) lunch out with my parents and the left over summer pudding was good!
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge >:)
    Feb challenge :)
    Mar challenge :)
    Apr challenge :)
    May challenge ;) Mostly
    Jun challenge :)

Ive not had enough to to drink today and now I'm thirsty and drinking water so expect a disturbed night but that will be better than waking up with a headache!

Good night and sleep well
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT 6/13

30 minutes yoga/strength training :| Did 20 minutes of yoga
    Drink water :)
    No alcohol (4 day weekend starts today for husband and he is a trigger) :)
    Stay within calories :| Went over by a little bit
    All meals at home :| Went to lunch but chose healthy

Tomorrow will be a cheat day in every way. I'm going to focus on being mindful and enjoy myself. Indulge but don't binge. Going to lunch at a beautiful winery and then family time at my Mom's where we'll just hang out and relax. I'm looking forward to it. Exercise in the morning though!

Have a great night all!
  • dani_caylor
    dani_caylor Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thursday 6/13
    Weigh In 😁
    Eat veggies/fruit 2x 😁
    Exercise 😱
    Log Everything 😁
    Hit Move Goal 😁
    Go To Extension Office 😱
    Go To Tax Office😱
    Finish Packing😁

Friday 6/14
    Eat veggies/fruit 2x
    Stay Within Calories
    Log Everything
    Hit Move Goal
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    JFT THURSDAY

5:30 UP
    WASH UP, BRUSH
    5:50
    PUT IN LAUNDRY ( DRYER BUSTED... HANG TO DRY)
    6:30
    BUSTIN A MOVE
    DID DISHES
    READ
    9:15 CLEANING BATHROOM
    10: 30
    KNEE EXERCISES DONE
    11:00 CHECKED MESSAGES AND ANSWERED
    12:30
    WASHED WHITES, PHONE CALL COUNSELING
    DID LUNCH
    TOOK A NAP
    WATCHED THE 5:00 NEWS
    6:27 WENT FOR A WALK TO DESTRESS
    PLAYED ONLINE GAMES
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Nice to see you back @maryrobinson40 👋

Quick post and run for me this am. So glad it’s Friday!

Thursday goals recap:
    - hang laundry ✅
    - Pack snacks and work clothes ✅
    - Warrior class 6:30am ✅
    - Sort arrangements for L after school party ✅
    - Home lunchtime for car and shake ✅
    - Leave by 5 ✅
    - Pick up P and head to meet N for coffee ✅
    - Health food store ✅
    - Pick up L ✅
    - Log it all - GBU ✅
    - Bed by 9:30 ❎

Friday goals
    - morning run ✅ 8 miles/13k! Happy
    - pack snacks and schoolbags ✅
    - laminate booklets on arrival
    - print homework sheets
    - reply to parent email and book in kids cooking session
    - home lunchtime for car and shake
    - chase solicitor re TofE
    - call new gym guy
    - Do GaG certificate and water plants before leaving
    - eyebrows after work
    - girls pack for weekend at their dad’s and write father’s day cards
    - log it all - GBU
    - bed by 10

Keep smashing it ladies - let’s end this week well. Catch up later xx
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Just a quick post this morning as have to get on. Lots of work to do today, but by the end of today I WILL have finished something that's been hanging round my neck for months!! And then have a nice three day weekend to follow (with Mon being spent doing a job application).

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :smile:
    - Be in the green with 100+ deficit :smile:
    - 4 bottles water :smile:
    - No alcohol :smile:
    - Exercise DVD :smile:

- No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite :neutral:
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts :neutral:Didn't really have any
    - Give myself credit! :smile:
    - Stay positive :smile:

- 1h lunch break :/Only managed 45 minutes as morning work overran. But it was a good 45, including meditation where I nearly fell asleep
    - Read response cards x2 :smiley:
    - Meditate :smile:
    - Get outside for a walk (if not raining) :smile:
    - Duolingo :smile:
    - Finish work by 7pm :/7.30
    - Book airport hotel :/Got caught up dealing with an eBay account hack... I will have to do this at the weekend instead
    - Gratitude journal :smile:
    - Lights off by 11 :smiley:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Stay within maintenance (easily)
    - 4 bottles water
    - Exercise DVD (already done)

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 45+ minute lunch break
    - Read response cards x2
    - Meditate
    - Duolingo
    - Finish work by 6.30pm
    - Plan food shop (going veggie for a month!)
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off before 12

June challenge (Logging/ Meditation):

June 10th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 11th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 12th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 13th: :smiley::smiley:
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Friday 14 June

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Good morning you all wonderful ladies!
    I had this thought today that every moment is a chance to exercise to be a person we'd like to be. It could be just a simple thing like taking a better body posture for a moment, smiling, being kinder to a colleague/family member/friend, drinking water...every moment is unique little training we could take for free. Every moment is a chance to shape our selves a bit :)

Have an awesome day!

JFT (there will be a lot of work, so I'll take just two simple goals)
    - no ice-cream today (to avoid getting into daily ice-cream habit)
    - walk in the evening
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday
    1. Log all food
    2. Gym
    3. Drink 150oz water
    4. Meditate
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT 6/14

40 minutes exercise
    Drink water
    Relax and have fun
    Let my family just be today

Not many goals for today, we are going to have a fun day at my Mom's and I just want to take off my "serious" hat for awhile today and have a few drinks, eat some picnic food, and enjoy my families company. I can tend to be the boss and today I just want everyone to have fun and relax. I'm going to take a deep breath and smile every time I get the urge to tell someone what to do. :D Including my husband.

@daneejela So insightful! You are completely right. Everyone has been through "mud" and made choices they aren't proud of or had things happen to them that filled them with unwarranted shame. Nobody walks though this life doing everything 'right'. I used to feel ashamed about so many things and the older I got the more I realized that shame is a completely useless emotion only serving to alienate us from others. I love Brene Brown and her work on the topic, she is brilliant.

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Thursday
    1. AM walk/run - 3 miles. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT.
    2. Type literature review. Leave for school by 10:00. Lifting. Pick up patch, ice cream, root beer. Check on khakis.
    3. Create powerpoints. Create evaluation. SUBMIT PROJECTS.
    4. Library? Mall? Take fabric to H&M?
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. Therapy exercises at 9:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Meeting 9:15 Friday. Next Monday is lunch with A; need to set time. Check on audition for MM.

JFT Friday
    1. COFFEE. Pack lunch and log it. Leave for park by 8:50.
    2. Ask Kristen (?) about digital pay stub. Work on PPT during breaks at park. NO EXTRA SNACKS. NO. Note - Check on 1st week of July. How much do they need me? I need to let J know at the garden.
    3. Record audio for lit review. SUBMIT PROJECT.
    4. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    5. Therapy exercises at 9:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Alarm set for 6:00. Meeting 9:15 Friday. Next Monday is lunch with A; need to set time. Check on audition for MM. Tuesday 4-6 is coloring club. Next Saturday is library day with parents.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 191.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Align assessments with OW units.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY. Upload summer project checklist July 1.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia???
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. I am so glad today is not 13 hours.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    JFT, 6-13-19

1. June challenge 😁
    2. Drink 3 bottles of water at school😁
    3. M's by 2:30😁
    4. Home by 5😁
    5. Dishes! ☹️ Didn't make dinner
    6. Workout video☹️My back tightened up last night. I could barely move.
    7. FOLD THE DAMN CLOTHES!! ☹️ See above
    8. Bed prep by 9☹️A keeps sending me bits of her next book. She's an amazing writer and my best friend so I HAVE to read them! Because they are just that good! Lol
    9. Bed by 10☹️ Almost 11 I think.

6-14-19

1. June Challenge
    2. Don't pig out after school
    3. Work out of my back is up to it
    4. Come on girl! DO THE DAMN DISHES
    5. FOLD CLOTHES(at this point I should probably just rewash them)
    6. Take care of crock pot
    7. Do 1hr of training
    8. Make dinner
    9. Bed whenever (but before 12ish)
  • nbrady001
    nbrady001 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    June 13.
    Went 1.75 miles instead of 2 but yay that's still good.
    Cooked an amazing dinner, done!
    Fold clothes, nope.
    Rest for an hour, yes.
    Bed by 10, 10:30 which is ok.

June 14
    30 pushups. 40 lunges. 50 leg lifts or sit ups.
    Clean a room in the house.
    Have fun with my son.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 Happy (belated) anniversary! Keeping my fingers crossed for you getting the job.

@MLHC1 Very happy to read your latest update ~ yes, God answers prayers. Not always the way we ask or expect, but He does.

@Bex953172 @MaryRobinson So so glad to see you both posting again on JFT. You've been missed!

@nlmackey98 Hugs to you, dear friend! I know it can be painful opening up to another person (I tend to be very private about certain things), so hoping the steps you've started are a journey towards healing.

@bookmeister86 Loved reading your update on your ex-CEO. Good to know that sometimes, crappy management gets rewarded appropriately. Best wishes!

@daneejela I love how you put into words things I cannot, and how inspiring you are! Even something simple, like every moment is a chance... like better posture. Funny because I was reading that hunched over my computer at work, and I immediately sat up straight! LOL
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    The other day I posted that logging all the Good/Bad/Ugly for the June challenge is helping me. The past two days have been a huge fail net-calories-wise, but this is my lifestyle, not a diet. I'm going to recap for my own accountability...

Recap W 6/12 ~ Yep, raining
    1) X-trained [weights/circuit] before work & Kitty came to basement wondering why I wasn't giving her her breakfast yet :D
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 8,342 steps (usually lower on x-train days), 250+ 13/14 happy hour w/ friends :D & 34 floors :smile:
    3) Breakfast & lunch prelogged / supper at pub? preview online menu / net calories zero / 14c water = Ordered grilled chicken wrap with veggies as side. Not bad for pub eating & guesstimated for log. Then snacked on guac chips when I got home... oops. Net cals -592 :# , sodium -1,218 :o , sugar -39 (mostly due to overnight oats), fiber & protein excellent, 14c water (yay)
    4) Finish GA-S(P) prelim :smile: / start testing or start GA-S(R) prelim :smile: actually finished & ready for next testing steps / org name tags for Th seminar :smile: / program GPS for seminar location :smile:
    5) Enjoy 1 adult beverage or diet 7-Up & enjoy company of former colleagues = One bottle of beer & then diet Sierra Mist and had a fabulous time :smiley:
    6) Mail Father's Day card & check : :D almost forgot / call mom & dad / take remaining laundry upstairs & put away :smile: / other to-do's? balanced bank accounts, scheduled payments & made transfer
    7) Unplug 9:00 ??? / floss ? / retainers ? / set/verify 6:00 alarm (leave 7:15), bed & tv off 10:20 ?

Recap R 6/13 ~ Seminar 8 a.m. to 4:30 and 1.5 hrs in car. No time for work out before & too lazy late in day. Ate seminar food ~ some healthy, some not. Not enough bottled water available during morning session, no water pitchers and I was parched! No evening meal plan and winged it, not so bad. Then finished day with M&Ms binge ~ ACK! :s Guesstimated for food log ~ NOT pretty. Net cals -1,424 :o , sodium -929, sugar -41, fiber & protein good, 8c water :(

JFT 6/14 ~ Glad rain held off until I left for work. Evening plans are changed since we don't want to sit in the rain & possible thunderstorms on City Deck to hear live music. That's ok, those piano guys aren't that good IMHO.
    1) Walked dog before work 3.12 mi 55:57 & stretched after = happy dog & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Food prelogged except supper / eating at BFF's tonight & will guesstimate again / net cals zero / 14c water (really need to flush some sodium from this week)
    4) Update EMT for post-seminar tasks (already deposited checks yesterday on way home)
    5) Work goals? Nah. Evening goals ~ nope, it's Friday!!!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Just for Thursday:
    1. Log every single bite - GOOD, BAD & UGLY :)
    2. HYDRATE :)
    3. MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
    4. Eat only while sitting. Be mindful of choices. Put down fork in between bites. :)
    5. Get 3 main tasks done at work today before leaving. (1) Rounding schedule for rest of June. (2) New Provider Support schedule assigned out, :) and (3) Follow-up on outstanding emails and service tickets as time allows.
    6. Take a real lunch break :)
    7. Get outside for 15 minutes today :)
    8. Podcasts: Joyce | Half Size Me :)
    9. 30 minutes tonight working on Course 1 in HSM program "Getting Started for the Last Time" :s
    10. Prep for tomorrow, tonight :)
    11. Evening routine: brush/floss, shower, pack lunch, coffeemaker, set out outfit and pack laptop bag :)
    12. Unplug one hour before bed, Gratitude journal 5 things today, Read SA and JM dailies and listen to Calm app. :)
    13. DO NOT HIT SNOOZE IN MORNING! :s

Hi everyone! So happy it is Friday. It's been a very busy week! I'm about 5 pages behind but plan to go back and catch up later. I don't like not knowing what's going on with everyone! But it's so hard to keep up on a daily basis sometimes.

Hope you are all having a great day! :heart: :flowerforyou:

Just For Today | Friday | 6/14/2019
    1. Journal every bite--the good, the bad & the ugly
    2. HYDRATE
    3. 30 minutes of intentional activity--walk, Body Groove, Wii game or DVD of some kind
    4. 5 svgs freggies:
    5. Be mindful, eat slowly, put down my fork between bites, swallow before taking another bite.
    6. Be kind to others and to myself. Only positive self-talk even to self.
    7. Finish the New Provider Support schedule, June rounding scheduling and follow-up on SN tickets and incidents.
    8. Listen to Half Size Me, Joyce Meyer and Optimal Health Daily podcasts
    9. Start HSM: "Getting Started for the Last Time" course
    10. Lymphatic massage on right arm
    11. Prep coffeemaker for morning
    12. Gratitude Journal: 5 things I'm grateful for today
    13. Readings: Joyce or Dodie | Simple Abundance
    14. Bed by 10:30.
    15. Set alarm for early. Goal is to make it to Farmer's Market tomorrow!
    Word for 2019: Tenacity / Tenacious
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @daneejela I love how you put into words things I cannot, and how inspiring you are! Even something simple, like every moment is a chance... like better posture. Funny because I was reading that hunched over my computer at work, and I immediately sat up straight! LOL

@cschmitz110515 LOL! I sat up straight too! I hadn't even noticed how much I was slouching.

@Snowflake1968 It seems that I missed your anniversary! HAPPY, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! :flowerforyou:

@bookmeister86 I can see from others' posts that I missed something with your "ex" CEO. I will have to go back and see what's up at work with you! Sounds like it may have been a good thing though...good for you! :)

@Bex953172 and @maryrobinson40 YOU'RE BACK! Sure do miss you both when you are gone! (((HUGS))) :heart: