What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• tthickens637
    tthickens637 Posts: 312 Member
    @tthickens637 I’ve been doing yoga for over ten years. I was 35 BMI last September. I reached normal BMI about four months ago and started working with a trainer. She has really built up my upper body strength. On Jan 1st, my goal for the year was “an arm balance”, and now I’ve got several. So I’ve upped the ante to “headstand in middle of the room”.

Today was the first time I tried this pose, called “Fallen Angel”. The whole class clapped for me, something I’ve never seen at this studio. I was really touched. Many of them know me from 70 pounds ago, probably as “the fat chick: at least she tries really hard”.

I feel like my body is a new toy. It does so many things I could never, ever have asked it to do just a few months ago.

I asked someone to take the pictures after class so I could share them with my trainer to thank her. She is amazing- so supportive and motivating.

Got grasshopper pose, too!
    s44vo89asqky.jpeg

That is such a wonderful story! Congrats on your accomplishments.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    Finished my first half marathon!!!!!! :smiley: I have never been a runner and I have trained for this run for a long time. I am so happy!

That is awesome, congratulations.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    nemdno1n3zgk.jpg

I've not been able to fit in to this vest for about 5 years so I'm super chuffed right now :smiley:

Honey, you're looking FABULOUS, period.

Thank you! So kind :heart:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited June 2019
    Went to a house concert last night and a friend I hadn't seen in months walked up to me from across the room and said "you look ravishing". She went on to list all my "ravishing" qualities! Bam 💥 I'll be riding high on that one for awhile. 😋

rav·ish·ing (raviSHiNG): adjective
    delightful; entrancing.

"she looked ravishing"

synonyms: very beautiful, gorgeous, stunning, wonderful, exquisite, lovely, striking, magnificent, dazzling, radiant, delightful, charming, enchanting, entrancing, captivating, bewitching;

Ravishing?!? What an utterly lovely and powerful description of you...BOOM! Honey, ravishing is...period. YAY YOUI!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!