I'm craving a whopper talk me out of it.

Replies

• samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Panini911 wrote: »
    Funny I am getting fewer cravings lately. I guess this means I am due for one soon ;)

I find my tastes change. Junk food and sweets and treats - just appeal less over time the less I have them.

And, often, on the occasions I indulge I just dont like them like I used to.

Dieting/eating more mindfully seems to change the palate!
  • SeanD2407
    SeanD2407 Posts: 139 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    SeanD2407 wrote: »
    apullum wrote: »
    Assuming all your logging is accurate (I.e., using a food scale for all your food), your deficit is aggressive for someone with 10 pounds left to lose. 0.5 lb/week is a reasonable pace at this point.

As for the sandwich, get it tomorrow if you still want it tomorrow, and fit it into your calories.

what make's it aggressive? Just because you can't do it doesn't mean I can't. Its a pet peeve of mine here when people comment that other people should take longer to lose weight when they are doing fine themselves. 1500 calories a day for a male is not "TOO" aggressive.

Unless you are very very short and completely sedentary, yes, 1500 calories a day is too little for a man, as we tell women here over and over about 1200 calories for them.

Here, pretend this is for men and 1500 calories, rather than for women and 1200 calories: https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/1200-calorie-diet/

I'm only 5"6 at 160 trying to reach 150. After i want to bulk up to 155 with low body fat %
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Whoppers are my favorite and literally the easiest fast food item to duplicate at home. 93% ground beef & light mayo make it possible to pretty much fit it into any day.
  • SeanD2407
    erickirb wrote: »
    Assuming all your logging is accurate (I.e., using a food scale for all your food), your deficit is aggressive for someone with 10 pounds left to lose. 0.5 lb/week is a reasonable pace at this point.

As for the sandwich, get it tomorrow if you still want it tomorrow, and fit it into your calories.

what make's it aggressive? Just because you can't do it doesn't mean I can't. Its a pet peeve of mine here when people comment that other people should take longer to lose weight when they are doing fine themselves. 1500 calories a day for a male is not "TOO" aggressive.

Unless you are very very short and completely sedentary, yes, 1500 calories a day is too little for a man, as we tell women here over and over about 1200 calories for them.

Here, pretend this is for men and 1500 calories, rather than for women and 1200 calories: https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/1200-calorie-diet/

I'm only 5"6 at 160 trying to reach 150. After i want to bulk up to 155 with low body fat %

I am 5'6 was 163 back in March, down to 156 now, losing at 0.5 lbs/week and I net 1900 cals/day. I am looking to get down to 148, so I look like my profile pic again. I wont eat less than 1700 net, but aim for 1900.

I figure by eating 1550 it leaves a couple hundred for error. I do 30 minutes of bike cardio 4 days a week, back and biceps monday, chest Tuesday, shoulder and triceps Wednesday and legs on Thursday. Plus i try to get 7500-10000 steps a day.

Question though. At 163 did you have love handles or lower back fat? I still do at 161 and wonder how low I need to go to get rid of them? Should I aim for 145? With .5 a week it could take nearly a year to lose 15lbs since not every week will be a loss.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,292 Member
    edited June 2019

I am 5'6 was 163 back in March, down to 156 now, losing at 0.5 lbs/week and I net 1900 cals/day. I am looking to get down to 148, so I look like my profile pic again. I wont eat less than 1700 net, but aim for 1900.

I figure by eating 1550 it leaves a couple hundred for error. I do 30 minutes of bike cardio 4 days a week, back and biceps monday, chest Tuesday, shoulder and triceps Wednesday and legs on Thursday. Plus i try to get 7500-10000 steps a day.

Question though. At 163 did you have love handles or lower back fat? I still do at 161 and wonder how low I need to go to get rid of them? Should I aim for 145? With .5 a week it could take nearly a year to lose 15lbs since not every week will be a loss.

Love handles are the last to go on me... still have them at 156 now, shouldn't by the time I get below 150, or if there won't be very noticable.

How long have you been lifting? Your program is more of a bro split, meant for those on gear or a surplus. I do a push/pull split so I hit every muscle twice/week. So Monday and Thursday I do push, while Tuesday and Friday Pull. for push day it is chest, shoulders, triceps and squat or leg press for legs. Pull day is pull-up, rows, along with shrugs and biceps, and deadlifts. I usually hit 8,000 to 12,000 steps/day, play sports one day a week and bike to and from work (8km/day)
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    A mama burger from A&W will do the trick with half the calories.
  • SeanD2407

Love handles are the last to go on me... still have them at 156 now, shouldn't by the time I get below 150, or if there won't be very noticable.

How long have you been lifting? Your program is more of a bro split, meant for those on gear or a surplus. I do a push/pull split so I hit every muscle twice/week. So Monday and Thursday I do push, while Tuesday and Friday Pull. for push day it is chest, shoulders, triceps and squat or leg press for legs. Pull day is pull-up, rows, along with shrugs and biceps, and deadlifts. I usually hit 8,000 to 12,000 steps/day, play sports one day a week and bike to and from work (8km/day)

Lifting about a year and a half. Never intended to gain muscle just tone and keep a healthy amount. I was over 210 October 2017 and now depending on day fluctuate from 158 to 164. For a few months i did keto i was as low as 152 but instantly shot back up a week after i stopped so it wssnt a sustainable life style for me. I also still had the handles and lower back fat at 152 so that's why im worried.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    How far away is the store? If you walk there and back, and it's far enough, you can need and deserve a Whopper.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    If you are going to eat a whole bunch of other things, you might as well just eat the whopper and get it out of the way. I found that if I eat around something, I usually end up eating what I wanted any way after all that other stuff. SO, I should have ate what I wanted from the start and those other calories wouldn't have been consumed.