What is something you can’t believe people enjoy doing?

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I don't understand playing video games for hours. I've known people whose only hobby is gaming....I just don't get it.

or watching tv/ movies

I need to feel like I am accomplishing something with my hobbies.

Same. I do like watching movies/TV but when people binge watch a different series all weekend, every weekend, or watch like 14 old VHS movies in a single weekend (friends of ours actually did this last weekend while at a rented cabin) I'm confused. It's not a judgy thing just very weird to me because I can't imagine. I like to watch a movie then do something else.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    The eating challenges. My husband loves watching these competitions. It's just not my thing.

OMG, this. The hot dog eating contest on the Fourth of July? Makes me gag/dry heave just watching it.
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Extreme mountain climbing, like Everest and stuff like that.
  • peachvine29
    peachvine29 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I don't understand playing video games for hours. I've known people whose only hobby is gaming....I just don't get it.

or watching tv/ movies

I need to feel like I am accomplishing something with my hobbies.

Agree so much! I feel like I'm wasting time and it's really not meaningful or very entertaining. I would love for someone to explain to me why they spend their time like this and what value it adds. I'm sure it helps some people relax but it makes me antsy because I'm not doing anything!
  • floofyschmoofer
    floofyschmoofer Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Sky diving.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I don't get the people who sit in lawn chairs just inside their garage and stare out at the street all day. They don't have a TV or radio on, or are reading, or anything like that. Just sitting. I don't understand what they could possibly get out of that.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Watching or engaging in violent sports. UFC and boxing are a person's own choice but training animals to fight is beyond my comprehension.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    fishing
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    video games
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    JetJaguar wrote: »
    I don't get the people who sit in lawn chairs just inside their garage and stare out at the street all day. They don't have a TV or radio on, or are reading, or anything like that. Just sitting. I don't understand what they could possibly get out of that.

I have seen guys who do that. I always just assume their wife has something to do with it.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    dinner dates ho hum
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Hunched over their iPhones every waking hour.

2raqnasikn1j.png

and her haircut. Whoa!