Replies

• Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    Tankiscool wrote: »
    @LiftingSpirits AD to the Lakers !!! Thoughts??

AD +LeBron = Powerful duo to watch.

And if they get Kyrie ??? 🤯

Lol didn't kyrie left Cleveland to get away from james shadow?

Yeah but they made up. Kryie wants more titles. So does Lebron. Both older. AD is searching for one. Match made in Heaven.

Be interesting if Kawhi goes to the Clippers tho.

Kawhi needs to stay in Toronto no competition in east. If he go west hell hafta deal with james and the warriors

Agreed - kawhi stays east he'll be like Bron and in the finals every year

Yep only thing he worry about is the freak but thats it

And they gonna have to get some more help- I’m hoping the mavs steal Middleton this summer
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options
    Tankiscool wrote: »
    @LiftingSpirits AD to the Lakers !!! Thoughts??

AD +LeBron = Powerful duo to watch.

And if they get Kyrie ??? 🤯

Lol didn't kyrie left Cleveland to get away from james shadow?

Yeah but they made up. Kryie wants more titles. So does Lebron. Both older. AD is searching for one. Match made in Heaven.

Be interesting if Kawhi goes to the Clippers tho.

Kawhi needs to stay in Toronto no competition in east. If he go west hell hafta deal with james and the warriors

Agreed - kawhi stays east he'll be like Bron and in the finals every year

Yep only thing he worry about is the freak but thats it

And they gonna have to get some more help- I’m hoping the mavs steal Middleton this summer

I dont really have an nba team. There are just players i enjoy watching when they play.

I was like that til I moved to Texas
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Lately I noticed that over the past few years in the pursuit of happiness, I forgot to be happy. I also can’t help but notice it in many other people as well. People tend to do whatever they can if they think it will bring happiness to their future, even if it makes them unhappy in the present. I’m learning that sometimes you have to forget about the past and future and simply be happy in the present. I have found that its not about how much money you have, or how many friends you have, where you are from, or any other factors other than your attitude and outlook on life. By quantifying what you think you need to be happy, you set yourself up for sadness. Once you have it, you will find that it did not bring you the happiness you wanted. It actually makes you sadder than you were before. Happiness is a choice.

reminded me of this <3

https://youtu.be/fckRgkNJWZY

I loved this. ❤️
  • laprimaJenny
    Options
    Lately I noticed that over the past few years in the pursuit of happiness, I forgot to be happy. I also can’t help but notice it in many other people as well. People tend to do whatever they can if they think it will bring happiness to their future, even if it makes them unhappy in the present. I’m learning that sometimes you have to forget about the past and future and simply be happy in the present. I have found that its not about how much money you have, or how many friends you have, where you are from, or any other factors other than your attitude and outlook on life. By quantifying what you think you need to be happy, you set yourself up for sadness. Once you have it, you will find that it did not bring you the happiness you wanted. It actually makes you sadder than you were before. Happiness is a choice.

💜💜💜 I love this

I knew you would. ❤️
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    “Networking”
    Friendships for the sake of expedience, convenience, material gain.
    Blah
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    “Networking”
    Blah

It’s harder to make close friends later in life—that’s been my experience
  • Leeanre
    Leeanre Posts: 142 Member
    Options
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    “Networking”
    Blah

This is true. There isn’t that history, the shorthand language, common ground, shared suffering, no need to explain, willingness to overlook flaws for the sake of the relationship.

That said, I don’t mind friendship being rare or not so deep as long as it’s genuine.
  • dannocar
    dannocar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Trying to figure out how to properly loose weight fast ?!
  • laprimaJenny
    Options
    “Networking”
    Blah

This is true. There isn’t that history, the shorthand language, common ground, shared suffering, no need to explain, willingness to overlook flaws for the sake of friendship.

That said, I don’t mind friendship being rare or not so deep as long as it’s genuine.

I think the most genuine friendships are in fact the deepest. How long you’ve known someone doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s not a superficial relationship. Obviously if you have history and depth it’s a tight bond, but I don’t believe they are interdependent of each other.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    “Networking”
    Blah

This is true. There isn’t that history, the shorthand language, common ground, shared suffering, no need to explain, willingness to overlook flaws for the sake of the relationship.

I think alot of it is time too. You hung out with your childhood and young adult friends like every day. Then you get busy, its tough for me to carve out time to hang out with another adult solo more than weekly.
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    Some past friendships (teen years-early 20s) the history together created bad history and although we were young, seemed like we grew in different directions. I’m thankful for the growth. Friendships come and go, understand with growth we may outgrow areas in life, people.

• Keep_on_cardio
    Options
    I appreciate real in depth connected conversations. The days when these occur feel, I feel there was purpose for those connections.
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    I appreciate real in depth connected conversations. The days when these occur feel, I feel there was purpose for those connections.

I love those, but then at the end of the day I feel wiped out, so sometimes exhaustion makes me stop seeking those conversations out in favor of just being alone and tired
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Options

I love those, but then at the end of the day I feel wiped out, so sometimes exhaustion makes me stop seeking those conversations out in favor of just being alone and tired

💜💜

The mystery of having these, out and about while running an errand and or just being in the world, are the ones that pause my mind like “what just happened”. The beauty of having a moment, them going their way and I go mine.
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Options

💜💜

The mystery of having these, out and about while running an errand and or just being in the world, are the ones that pause my mind like “what just happened”. The beauty of having a moment, them going their way and I go mine.

YES!!
    They tend to happen organically and that is exactly the beauty of them. I never really seek them out because that is usually when they do not happen. I can be talking to someone about inane things and it can dive deep quickly and provide some of the most meaningful interaction. It is amazing what can happen if you open your mind.

Exactly, why I appreciate those kind of encounters.