I'm craving a whopper talk me out of it.

Options

Replies

• floofyschmoofer
    floofyschmoofer Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm sure someone has said it already, but sleep on it. If you still can't live without it tomorrow, work it in. Maybe get in an extra workout as a balance. Or make a burger at home, and you'll know exact calories and where they're coming from and how to balance your day around it. Plus, if you're a control freak like me, the power is in your hands that way. [maniacal laughter]
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    mph323 wrote: »
    DrusiliaDD wrote: »
    What are they putting in a whopper in the US to make it that many calories. I'm in the UK and a whopper is 540 calories, and it's 280 for a medium fries so you can have a whole meal for 820 calories.

Looks like it's 660 here (US). No clue what the difference is.

Cheese. He had cheese in his list of ingredients which brings it up to 740 :)

I meant the difference between the basic whopper in the US and the UK, as the calories are different.

Oh interesting! I just assumed BK was standardized wherever it was located. :)
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    What are they putting in a whopper in the US to make it that many calories. I'm in the UK and a whopper is 540 calories, and it's 280 for a medium fries so you can have a whole meal for 820 calories.

Using the customizer on the American and UK BK sites, the UK's Mayonnaise is magically low in fat - just two grams for adding or taking it off. For the US, it takes 18g's off when subtracting mayo. The beef patty is about 2g's of fat more in the US version.

Do the customizers indicate portion sizes for the ingredients? My first suspicion would be that the UK recipe for a whopper just has a lot less mayo on it, which would be easy to do, b/c in the US it's a big gloppy mess of mayo dumped on there.

I really wish they didn't gloop mayo on everything here! I usually wind up removing the bun, wiping as much off as I can with a napkin, and still have plenty left.
  • pinuplove
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I'm sure someone has said it already, but sleep on it. If you still can't live without it tomorrow, work it in. Maybe get in an extra workout as a balance. Or make a burger at home, and you'll know exact calories and where they're coming from and how to balance your day around it. Plus, if you're a control freak like me, the power is in your hands that way. [maniacal laughter]

Spoiler Alert - OP ordered the whopper, ate two bites, threw it away, went to Five Guys , ordered and ate something that likely had significantly more calories.

So much ado over nothing it seems....

At least Five Guys actually tastes good :smiley:
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,148 Member
    Options

Looks like it's 660 here (US). No clue what the difference is.

Cheese. He had cheese in his list of ingredients which brings it up to 740 :)

I meant the difference between the basic whopper in the US and the UK, as the calories are different.

Oh interesting! I just assumed BK was standardized wherever it was located. :)

Variations from country to country is very normal. As a Canadian who travels to the US frequently and likes fast food, I find the change in taste from Canadian fast food to US is noticeable.
  • Spectre1966
    Spectre1966 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    fresh 1/4 pound burger cooked in my air fryer on a fresh roll....beats MCD and BK any day.
  • floofyschmoofer
    Options

Spoiler Alert - OP ordered the whopper, ate two bites, threw it away, went to Five Guys , ordered and ate something that likely had significantly more calories.

Oh. Well. Ok.
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    Options

Yes I was a bit confused about that bit as I have been following the dilemma.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

Using the customizer on the American and UK BK sites, the UK's Mayonnaise is magically low in fat - just two grams for adding or taking it off. For the US, it takes 18g's off when subtracting mayo. The beef patty is about 2g's of fat more in the US version.

Do the customizers indicate portion sizes for the ingredients? My first suspicion would be that the UK recipe for a whopper just has a lot less mayo on it, which would be easy to do, b/c in the US it's a big gloppy mess of mayo dumped on there.

I really wish they didn't gloop mayo on everything here! I usually wind up removing the bun, wiping as much off as I can with a napkin, and still have plenty left.

The mayo is why I never liked Whoppers. Mayo does not belong on burgers, ugh.
  • MIssnewme9211
    MIssnewme9211 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Get a low carb option without ketchup and toss the hamburger bun out to the birds (I do this myself). I love Whoopers too...there is nothing like a flamed grilled burger from BK!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

Agreed. Now that I'm in Virginia, all the burger places put mayo on burgers as a default. It's one of the reasons I prefer Wendy's, they don't give me a dirty look when I ask for "no mayo".
  • mbauer013
    mbauer013 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I used to work at BK, don't do it!
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Did you end up getting the whopper?

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Did you end up getting the whopper?

he got a whopper, had 2 bites threw it out and when to five guys
  • pinuplove
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

Agreed. Now that I'm in Virginia, all the burger places put mayo on burgers as a default. It's one of the reasons I prefer Wendy's, they don't give me a dirty look when I ask for "no mayo".

Mustard used to be my condiment of choice for burgers. Now I like a bit of both, but when either is squishing out the side of the bun when I take a bite, it's overkill.
  • SeanD2407
    SeanD2407 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    So this thread turned into quite the soap opera huh
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Now it's turning into a condiment conversation, so all is good.
  • floofyschmoofer
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

Mustard used to be my condiment of choice for burgers. Now I like a bit of both, but when either is squishing out the side of the bun when I take a bite, it's overkill.

I spent the first 31 years of my life hating mustard, got some on a burger by accident a few months back and BAM THAT STUFF IS DELICIOUS! Now it is my go-to for flavor without a bunch of empty calories on a lot of foods. Makes my turkey meatloaf a zinger.