Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What is the one thing about you that surprises people?

Replies

• GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    People are usually surprised by how petite I am IRL. Most people expect me to be taller and heavier.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    My husband doesn't eat meat so in restaurants people (dining companions or servers) are often surprised that I do. I can't tell you how many times they have laid out my roast beef or fajita in front of him and given me his salad or veggie entrée.

Ouch.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    edited June 2019
    PAFC84 wrote: »
    My husband doesn't eat meat so in restaurants people (dining companions or servers) are often surprised that I do. I can't tell you how many times they have laid out my roast beef or fajita in front of him and given me his salad or veggie entrée.

Ouch.

Nah, he's a big bearded guy who looks like he's on the hunt for some beers n' bacon...so no offense ever.
  • InkgirlKC
    InkgirlKC Posts: 251 Member
    People are usually surprised by how petite I am IRL. Most people expect me to be taller and heavier.

I could see how that could happen. Now I want to meet you IRL! LOL
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    I am really easy going about pretty much everything... until you p*ss me off. New people are always surprised the first time they see me lay down the boundaries (I don't think being 5"1 helps my case either :smile:)
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Probably how happy and sane I am when they find out what I've been through.

Or maybe hearing what I've been through is more surprising.

Either way, the past is past and it has taken enough from me. No need to add my present and future to that too
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    I'm intimidated and shy around new people.. anxious when meeting someone new
    but once I open up (coach this nut)..I'm loud, talkative, and silly..LOL..
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    I asked my husband how he would answer this question about me, and he said that I’m shy. Apparently many people find me intimidating and I come off as much more confident than I really am.

For my husband, it would be that he’s not as cool with smoking and drugs as people expect him to be. He has long hair and kids mistake him for a hippie and ask him to buy things for them, and he actually doesn’t do that sort of thing at all and isn’t okay with it.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member

For my husband, it would be that he’s not as cool with smoking and drugs as people expect him to be. He has long hair and kids mistake him for a hippie and ask him to buy things for them, and he actually doesn’t do that sort of thing at all and isn’t okay with it.

I've known several guys like this! My ex husband was even asked by coworkers in his twenties if he could get drugs for them and he'd never tried anything like that in his life.
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    People are surprise by my personality and the fact that I am really kind and caring. I have RBF that I can't seem to control and I'm very quite/shy when I first meet people so everyone thinks I'm mean or stuck up. I'm not I promise!
  • Leeanre
    Leeanre Posts: 142 Member
    jenready wrote: »
    People are surprise by my personality and the fact that I am really kind and caring. I have RBF that I can't seem to control and I'm very quite/shy when I first meet people so everyone thinks I'm mean or stuck up. I'm not I promise!

I believe you!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    I have tattoos and body piercings but yet I'm a scaredy cat of getting a blood test
  • fishbonz75
    fishbonz75 Posts: 3 Member
    how good of a chef i am and never had one day of culinary training in a school setting
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    I'm in nursing administration and a nurse educator. During the work day/week, it's all business clothes/dresses. I also ride a motorcycle, am a craftaholic (knitting, sewing, weaving, cross-stitch, vinyl/paper cutting), and play multiple instruments.