What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    if you talk to a random stranger in real life, it's hard not to look like a complete loser!

How random? Like, the guy who sells you fish or just some person on the street?

I talk to people all the time. Pretty sure I come off as a mostly harmless cheerful weirdo, but not a loser.
  • manwithaplan54
    manwithaplan54 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    iy9jd2b15sob.jpeg

Can't tell today lol

You mean people won’t know who she is? Yeah, I know. 😢

My favorite therapist!

Therapist, public health advocate, teacher, lecturer, holocaust survivor, smart person, and I remember her radio shows fondly.

As do I, my wife and I used to listen to her radio show on Sunday nights.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    if you talk to a random stranger in real life, it's hard not to look like a complete loser!

I talk to people all the time. Pretty sure I come off as a mostly harmless cheerful weirdo, but not a loser.
    Some person by the sea or on the street. It's more the case of a man talking to a women, because she could think the worst.
    Yes, that’s true. You must have a good reason or some common experience to speak to a strange woman and be respectful of boundaries and her social cues.

When I say common experience I mean things like, “This queue is very long today!” Or “Glad we finally have some nice weather.” Or “Dr. Westheimer’s class is very interesting, don’t you think?”
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options

Some person by the sea or on the street. It's more the case of a man talking to a women, because she could think the worst

maybe it's me... doesn't suit me or something

I had a man talk to me while we were both waiting to be seen at the eye doctors. He asked about my uga shirt and from there we talked about our kids and college and just stuff...very sweet guy. I think it's on how you approach it. I dont think as women we immediately assume the worst. A kind genuine interaction always puts a smile on my face.
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options

Some person by the sea or on the street. It's more the case of a man talking to a women, because she could think the worst.
    Yes, that’s true. You must have a good reason or some common experience to speak to a strange woman and be respectful of boundaries and her social cues.

When I say common experience I mean things like, “This queue is very long today!” Or “Glad we finally have some nice weather.” Or “Dr. Westheimer’s class is very interesting, don’t you think?”

Oh just read this lol...100% agree!
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    Beach day tomorrow! 👙🍺
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options
    iy9jd2b15sob.jpeg

Can't tell today lol

Does that mean we're old??
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    iy9jd2b15sob.jpeg

Can't tell today lol

Does that mean we're old??

Kinda yeah. Also means people are missing out. Don’t know the giants on whose shoulders they stand.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options

It makes sense and I get it. But what I'm attracted, or feeling alone and happy with their presence. I'm starting to understand the boundary thing more, even just glancing sometimes is enough to make someone angry.
    I feel like social cues are too fragile at times, so many things have to weigh up at the right moment or else it's all off. I did engage in conversation with a social cue before, but I didn't feel emotion talking to that girl. I hate being limited to a social cue

Social cues are just non-verbal communications. Another way to express interest or disinterest. It’s a good skill to learn.
  • This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    iy9jd2b15sob.jpeg

Can't tell today lol

My favorite therapist!

Therapist, public health advocate, teacher, lecturer, holocaust survivor, smart person, and I remember her radio shows fondly.

She also has a scholarship fund at The Teachers College of Columbia University
  • This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    This_far wrote: »
    Fella.
    Informal of Fellow
    * A man
    There were a couple of fellas up by the bar
    *A male sexual partner or boyfriend
    Was she with her fella?
    Word just struck me as odd when I saw it this morning.

I’m reading this with some kind of Midwest accent

Imagine it in an old Timey New York City accent. He’s referencing something I posted on my wall this morning😂

Old Timey? How about debonair

https://youtu.be/BAZhHXsknd8

That's a pretty sexy shoe. Size 10?

Did you click it? It’s a song

Didn't realize.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    Red lipstick 😏
  • manwithaplan54
    manwithaplan54 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Red lipstick 😏

Reminds me of that rainbow game we played as teens. ;)
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    iy9jd2b15sob.jpeg

Dr Ruth Westheimer. 💛 her. We actually met her in NYC.